Roscoe Parrish was the dumbest draft pick

Stl Bills

Is there a quota on daily posts bashing Roscoe?

Give the guy a break. He was playing great in training camp, got hurt, and has appeared in a handful of games.

How many games did it take Lee Evans to get going last year (without coming back from an injury)? In fact, what happened to Lee Evans last Saturday?

These posts bashing Roscoe got old a long time ago.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me who u would drafted that would have impacted this team right away?  The dumbest draft pick was trading away a top 15 pick for Drew Bledsoe after we traded away a top 15 pick for Rob Johnson.

56 Denver  Williams, Darrent CB 5-8 188 Oklahoma State

57 N.Y. Jets  Miller, Justin CB 5-10 202 Clemson

58 Green Bay  Murphy, Terrence WR 6-1 202 Texas A&M

59 Atlanta  Babineaux, Jonathan DT 6-2 281 Iowa

60 Indianapolis  Hayden, Kelvin CB 5-10 198 Illinois

61 San Diego  Jackson, Vincent WR 6-5 241 Northern Colorado

62 Pittsburgh  McFadden, Bryant CB 5-11 190 Florida State

63 Philadelphia  McCoy, Matt OLB 6-0 234 San Diego State

64 Baltimore (from New England)  Terry, Adam OT 6-8 330 Syracuse

65 San Francisco  Gore, Frank RB 5-9 217 Miami (Fla.)

66 St. Louis (from Miami)  Atogwe, Oshiomogho FS 5-11 203 Stanford

67 Cleveland  Frye, Charlie QB 6-4 217 Akron

68 Tennessee  Roby, Courtney WR 6-0 189 Indiana

69 Oakland  Walter, Andrew QB 6-5 234 Arizona State

70 Miami (from Chicago)  Crowder, Channing ILB 6-2 247 Florida

71 Tampa Bay  Smith, Alex TE 6-4 258 Stanford

72 Detroit  Wilson, Stanley CB 5-11 189 Stanford

73 Houston (from Dallas)  Morency, Vernand RB 5-9 212 Oklahoma State

74 N.Y. Giants  Tuck, Justin DE 6-5 256 Notre Dame

75 Arizona  Green, Eric CB 5-11 197 Virginia Tech

76 Denver (from Washington)  Paymah, Karl CB 6-0 204 Washington State

77 Philadelphia (from Kansas City)  Moats, Ryan RB 5-8 210 Louisiana Tech

78 Oakland (from Houston)  Morrison, Kirk ILB 6-1 238 San Diego State

79 Carolina  Mathis, Evan G 6-5 304 Alabama

80 Minnesota  Fox, Dustin CB 5-11 190 Ohio State

81 St. Louis  Incognito, Richie C 6-3 305 Nebraska 

82 New Orleans  Fincher, Alfred ILB 6-1 241 Connecticut

83 Cincinnati  Henry, Chris WR 6-4 197 West Virginia

84 New England (from Baltimore)  Hobbs, Ellis CB 5-9 188 Iowa State

85 Seattle  Greene, David QB 6-3 231 Georgia

537766[/snapback]

538013[/snapback]

56 Denver Williams, Darrent CB 5-8 188 Oklahoma State

57 N.Y. Jets Miller, Justin CB 5-10 202 Clemson

Both of those picks wopuld have made it easier to ley Clements walk.....

Its alot cheaper to find a third receiver in free agency than it is to find a cover corner.....sorry...but P

Sure others have turned out worse but at least they were needs at the time they were drafted.  Not to beat a dead horse or anything because I know the concensus around here is that the pick should have been used on an interior lineman.  The more I think about it though, why the hell did TD and Co. ever consider him with our first pick?  I've taken dumps bigger than this guy not to mention we have absolutely no use for him.  He's never going to be much better, if any better, a WR than is Josh Reed (thats not saying much either).  Oh yeah, he has sweet return skills huh?  If I remember correctly we had three different guys return kicks for TDs last year and had the number one special teams unit in the NFL.  Preston is the only draft pick I like from last year (I'm also excited about Everett but who knows).  What a wasted pick, anybody remember those lineman we were thinking the Bills were going to draft?  I wonder how some of those guys are doing this year.  The only one I can remember was Baas and I'm pretty sure he was taken before we picked.  Anybody remember any of the others?

537755[/snapback]

i'm not arguing that it was the right pick, but don't you think you should give parrish a little bit of a chance (i.e., a couple of years) before declaring him a total bust?

i'm not arguing that it was the right pick, but don't you think you should give parrish a little bit of a chance (i.e., a couple of years) before declaring him a total bust?

538036[/snapback]

Roscoe looked very, very good during the pre-season. He's been back only for a handful of games and you try finding your footing as a young receiver when the coaches keep changing the guy throwing the ball to you. The Bills have an very exciting receiving corps. Many coaches in the league would love to have the talent that we do (Moulds, Evans, Parrish, even Reed shows up once in awhile). Roscoe will become a very important part of this offence if and when we get an O-line that can protect the QB, and a QB capable of spreading the ball around.

I agree Thruth! Lets mark this post for future reference. Just another babywaller trying to sucker punch without thinking it through.

Jeff

First off, I've been a member of TSW since summer 03', I just got in an argument with a mod and had to register a new screen name. And as much of a joke as RJ was at least we needed a QB at the time. As someone who was living in the Jacksonville area at the time I didn't mind the move because I thought RJ had a lot of potential. Turns out he only knew how to hold onto the ball and never could figure out how to get rid of it. All I'm saying is I don't see RP amounting to much in this league and I still don't get the pick. I'll still be cheering for him everytime he suits up on Sunday and hopefully he'll make me eat my words.

I did as well agree with the Everett pick.

537778[/snapback]

The Everett Pick will be a good one only if the ball is thrown to the TE....

With this offensive philosophy that MM runs, I haven't seen any TE being

involved in the offensive game plan

71 Tampa Bay Smith, Alex TE 6-4 258 Stanford

he would have been a nice pick up. but i like Parrish. he has been injured most of the season, but since he has been back, hes always in motion before the snap. hes always in on the trick plays. he is that wild card to our offense. we have learned that you cant underthrow him on a deep pass cus he cant out jump the defender, but he is a good WR. he was a good pickup.

i just hate hearing a announcer say he was the first round pick of the bills. he wasnt, he was the 1st pick by the bills that year. there is a diffrence. :blush:

Too early to tell on Roscoe. He's scary catching the ball on punt returns, though.. a fumble waiting to happen almost every time, he needs to work on that.

538134[/snapback]

i agree.

i have never seen a punt returner be so bad at making a fair catch. it seems simple to me. if you are going to fair catch it, than catch it.

if you cant make a fair catch while standing upright, you should probubly just let it bounce. he dives and goes to the ground WAY to often to make fair catches.

i agree.

i have never seen a punt returner be so bad at making a fair catch. it seems simple to me. if you are going to fair catch it, than catch it.

if you cant make a fair catch while standing upright, you should probubly just let it bounce. he dives and goes to the ground WAY to often to make fair catches.

538178[/snapback]

Have you ever actually been to the Ralph?

In case you have not, there is a little thing called wind and it swirls from all different directions.

You guys are just looking for nits to pick. Roscoe is actually one of the leading punt returners in the league.

Roscoe is tied for third in the league in punt returns and fifth in the league in kickoff returns.

Go ahead and bash him though if that makes you feel better.

Have you ever actually been to the Ralph?

In case you have not, there is a little thing called wind and it swirls from all different directions.

You guys are just looking for nits to pick.  Roscoe is actually one of the leading punt returners in the league.

Roscoe is tied for third in the league in punt returns and fifth in the league in kickoff returns.  

Go ahead and bash him though if that makes you feel better.

538204[/snapback]

I'm not bashing him, just an observation. He's been scary catching punts on the road as well... something that needs to be worked on, and IMO is correctible. Nate is almost as scary catching on PR too.