Sit Henry down

1billsfan

First I want to say that Henry is a good guy and plays his fanny off. But I truely think the Bills should sit Travis against the Pats and start the unknown weapon AKA Willis McGahee. Of course Malarkey should not say anything to the press and let Billy B. plan for Travis for two weeks. This is our only chance. Why are we trying to spare Travis's feelings here? Why should he start after putting up two stinko performances in a row, costing us points by not being capable of scoring inside the five, and having balls bouncing off his hands for interceptions. If Malarkey starts Henry it will be the beginning of the end for this 2004 season. Teams do not make the playoffs after going 0-3. Drastic times calls for drastic measures. Bench Henry and let the whole world see if McGahee is the playmaker we've been waiting for since Thurman Thomas left One Bills Drive (Henry has obviously hit his ceiling) . The Pats have no clue about McGahee, it is our only ace in the hole we have left. Play it Mike!

First I want to say that Henry is a good guy and plays his fanny off. But I truely think the Bills should sit Travis against the Pats and start the unknown weapon AKA Willis McGahee. Of course Malarkey should not say anything to the press and let Billy B. plan for Travis for two weeks. This is our only chance. Why are we trying to spare Travis's feelings here? Why should he start after putting up two stinko performances in a row, costing us points by not being capable of scoring inside the five, and having balls bouncing off his hands for interceptions. If Malarkey starts Henry it will be the beginning of the end for this 2004 season. Teams do not make the playoffs after going 0-3. Drastic times calls for drastic measures. Bench Henry and let the whole world see if McGahee is the playmaker we've been waiting for since Thurman Thomas left One Bills Drive (Henry has obviously hit his ceiling) . The Pats have no clue about McGahee, it is our only ace in the hole we have left. Play it Mike!

38206[/snapback]

Why should either of them sit against the Pats? Use them both! We are not taking enough advantage of our 1-2 punch. Bring in a pair of fresh legs and those fresh legs will run across the goal line instead of getting jammed up in a pile.

38206[/snapback]

I'm all for seeing what Willis can do, but like we saw on McGahee's first run yesterday (when he lost 10 yards), it doesn't really matter who is running the ball when the line is not very good, and the opposing defenses don't have to respect our passing game. Travis and Willis aren't our problem. Most teams would kill to have a 1-2 punch like that. But we have a bad offensive line and a bad quarterback, and that hurts our good runnig back combination and it hurts our best receiver, who should be a Pro Bowler. Put Eric Moulds on any other team, and he is right there with Harrison, Owens, Moss and Holt.

But speaking of Travis, did anyone notice the bickering going on with Gus Johnson and Brent Jones yesterday? Gus thought the Bills should stay patient and stick with Travis, and Brent thought Willis should play. I thought, in the end, Gus was right, because Travis had his best runs in the third and fourth quarters. It was definitely good to see a real broadcaster stand up to the ex-athlete who thinks he knows more.

Henry played hard in both games and ran effectively considering the O-line play and the fact that the 2 opponents are 2 of the best teams vs. the run in the league. The INT yesterday was a bad throw, high and hard. This is not the area you should be focussing your hopes for change on IMO. McGahee has looked good so far too, but no better than TH. Me, I'm hoping for 2 things: Milloy's return and some pass protection.

38206[/snapback]

Agreed, good post.

The Bills poor running numbers are not a result of Henry being a bad RB. They are a result of the offense not being able to beat the blitz of the opposition. Defenses know that the way to stymie this offense is to blitz on every down. Having an extra 1 or 2 defenders in the backfield as soon as the ball is handed off is why the running game goes nowhere.

Once the Bills show that they can pick up the blitz and make a team pay for it, then we will get our balanced offense back. If you want to blame Henry for anything, blame him for being a very mediocre blocker...not a bad runner. If McGahee can't block any better than Henry then the result will also be bad.

We can run against the Pats why change things up....Henry hasnt been great but he's been good behind this awful line(how did we get worse at run blocking..?)..I'm hoping it was just cause we played a couple teams with the better middle DL in the league....cause seeing Henry and Mcgahee get hit in the backfield every other run attempt is just terrible.....

At the same time i wanna see Mcgahee get a couple carries in the first half and bout 5-8 in the 2nd(when the D is tired, bring in those fresh legs)....

I also wanna see us spread the defense on first down....3 WR set, single back runs....make the LB's have to respect the pass lanes on first down...

yeah dumbass, because Henry is the problem  :rolleyes:  :angry:  :huh:  :lol:

unless you mean play McGahee on the O-Line... he can't do any worse than what we have in there now...

38256[/snapback]

Tell me who is the man who has yet to punch it in from the 3, 2 and 1 yard line? Who's the man who let a very catchable ball go through his hands for an interception? Who can't keep his balance to save his life? C'mon moron, I'm waiting for your answer.

The Bills did not draft McGahee number one to sit his ass on the bench, the Bills are 0-2 and Henry has played a major part of this team's offensive failures. But since you're a moron and a Henry oppologist I'm not expecting you to understand.

We shouldn't have drafted McGahee in the first place. He does not fit into this offense.

He is basically the same back as Travis except "they say" he has better hands.

Great. Now deal his ass and get someone like a Freddie Jones from Arizona to help us out.

Tell me who is the man who has yet to punch it in from the 3, 2 and 1 yard line? Who's the man who let a very catchable ball go through his hands for an interception? Who can't keep his balance to save his life?

Shaft! err I mean Travis. :rolleyes:

I'm all for seeing Willis getting more looks specifically near the goal line. He excelled in the role all preseason but I still can't understand why Mularkely and co. haven't put him there yet this regular season.

We don't have two backs like a Stephen Davis and a DeShaun Foster

Or a Ty Wheatley and Amos Zeroue or Justin Fargas

or Duce Staley and Jerome Bettis

even Charlie Garner and Mike Alstott

we have two backs that are the same size!!!! How do "change things up" when the backs are exactly the same?

One of these guys has to go. It's a waste of money especially with Shaud Williams available.

Shaft! err I mean Travis. :rolleyes:

I'm all for seeing Willis getting more looks specifically near the goal line. He excelled in the role all preseason but I still can't understand why Mularkely and co. haven't put him there yet this regular season.

38296[/snapback]

Cause Travis has scored 23 TD's in two years......and Mcgahee has only looked good in pre season....

I'm sorry i still go with Henry....Even though he is 0-2 at goalline so far...

We don't have two backs like a Stephen Davis and a DeShaun Foster

Or a Ty Wheatley and Amos Zeroue or Justin Fargas

or Duce Staley and Jerome Bettis

even Charlie Garner and Mike Alstott

we have two backs that are the same size!!!! How do "change things up" when the backs are exactly the same?

One of these guys has to go. It's a waste of money especially with Shaud Williams available.

38300[/snapback]

Huh???????

Henry looks to get hit and McGahee tries to avoid getting hit by being elusive. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your premise at all.

Henry looks to get hit and McGahee tries to avoid getting hit by being elusive.

------------------

Elusive at the 1? There isn't any room for elusiveness at the 1 and this game wasn't the first game of the preseason either!

McGahee is a waste of roster space and money with Travis being the starter.