Terrell Owens- Lets make a splash

Takeo_14

I don't think the knock on him is being MIA in big games. Remember when he caught that unbelievable catch from Steve Young on the last play of the game to beat the Packers in the playoffs? And his Super Bowl heroics last year weren't too shabby. He's a big game receiver.

BUT, as demonstrated this year, he's also a cancer than can singlehandedly sink your entire franchise into the toilet. He's not worth it.

534272[/snapback]

Single handidly sink your franchise? You mean like how the eagles were coming off a year where they went to the superbowl and started the season 3-1 before Mcnabb got hurt and instead of opting for surgery early in the season where he could've came back and saved their chances at the playoffs continuted to play and be detrimental to the teams chances of winning. systematically throwing 3 int's at the end of games in back to back to back weeks :doh:

Yeah who wouldn't want the best receiver in the nfl or argubaly a top 3 wr in the game when we can have Sam Aiken and a Smurf...... ;)

Single handidly sink your franchise?  You mean like how the eagles were coming off a year where they went to the superbowl and started the season 3-1 before Mcnabb got hurt and instead of opting for surgery early in the season where he could've came back and saved their chances at the playoffs continuted to play and be detrimental to the teams chances of winning. systematically throwing 3 int's at the end of games in back to back to back weeks :doh:

Yeah who wouldn't want the best receiver in the nfl or argubaly a top 3 wr in the game  when we can have Sam Aiken and a Smurf...... ;)

534309[/snapback]

Notice how everyone else's production went down in the Superbowl they did fine in the other 2 playoff games. TERRELL OWENS (Not TOO) is a teamwrecker- case closed- and those 19 teammates can find another job too

I don't think the knock on him is being MIA in big games. Remember when he caught that unbelievable catch from Steve Young on the last play of the game to beat the Packers in the playoffs? And his Super Bowl heroics last year weren't too shabby. He's a big game receiver.

BUT, as demonstrated this year, he's also a cancer than can singlehandedly sink your entire franchise into the toilet. He's not worth it.

534272[/snapback]

See, now this is where you'd need a coach like Marv. :doh:

Notice how everyone else's production went down in the Superbowl they did fine in the other 2 playoff games.  TERRELL OWENS (Not TOO) is a teamwrecker- case closed- and those 19 teammates can find another job too

534321[/snapback]

It's Owen's fault everyones production went down huh? But if you really want to go there sure lets go there.....

Donovan Mcnabb....

Divisional Playoffs 2004 min W,27-14 | 21 33 286 2 0

NFC Championship- 2004 atl W,27-10 | 17 26 180 2 0

Superbowl- 2004 nwe L,21-24 | 30 51 357 3 3 (I'm sure it's Owens fault the eagles attempted 51 passes and mcnabb threw 3 picks and was gassed out near the end of the game)

Brian Westbrook-

2004 min W,27-14 | 12 70 0 | 5 47 1

2004 atl W,27-10 | 16 96 0 | 5 39 0

*2004 nwe L,21-24 | 15 44 0 | 7 60 1

seems pretty much the same to me

Todd Pinkston

2004 min W,27-14 | 0 0 0 | 3 46 0

2004 atl W,27-10 | 0 0 0 | 1 13 0

*2004 nwe L,21-24 | 0 0 0 | 4 82 0

Owens really cut into the production there

Greg Lewis

*2004 nwe L,21-24 | 0 0 0 | 4 53 1

Obviousily Owens didn't "cut into production" and the reason the eagles only lost by 3 as opposed to 20 was because of Owens. The guy simply makes big plays. Is big into charity. Sure he's a head case on the field, when things don't go his way, but who wouldn't want someone like that as a teammate who's gonna have attitude and light a fire under his teammates?

Realistically, he is not going to want to play for a team with an unproven talent at QB. I expect him to go to Wash. Miami, Dallas or the Jets. I could see Herm Edwards viewing him as a reclamation project. Huizenga brought on David Boston when he had a bad rap.

Finally to TO news has quite. But read this article about what he said to GQ. I think he is right on.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9100035

With Moulds on the way out. Lets go and get TO. Now don't just say no, listen first. He would instantly make this team better on offense. Him and an improved oline. The guys is a gamer. He knows he has one chance left at Super Bowl (age and reputation). This guy is going to out to get back at not just the Eagles, but the NFL. You can tell by what he says in the article. What has Owens teams done the last few years? Take a look, they WIN! You can't expect to let Eric Moulds walk and become a better team, your nuts. You think Evans and Reed can be #1 receivers. Give me a break both of these guys are Peerless Price's. #2 guys that feed off the #1 guy getting double/attention.

Just imagine the TO on offense and TKO back on defense next year. Plus a top 10 pick in the draft.!!!

534109[/snapback]

If you think Lee Evans = Peerless Price, you're not paying enough attention.

If you think Lee Evans = Peerless Price, you're not paying enough attention.

534406[/snapback]

Lee Evans is a lot better then price but I'm not sold on him being a true #1 receiver. I believe we can live without moulds if we improve the oline switch the focus to becoming a true smash mouth team by building around #21 and not a wr. However if Owens were available to us I don't see why the hell not

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm all for bringing T.O. in here......Think of how much Bills coverage there would be for those of us living outside of Upstate NY! That would be awesome......on top of that, it would be interesting as hell. If TD stays the GM, I'd say there is at least SOME chance that he could land here given that TD and T.O.'s agent have a good relationship.

T.O. is an absolutely great receiver who sometimes says the wrong thing off the field. If he says something negative about Losman, maybe that will make him mad. Losman plays at his best when he's mad.

The problem with T.O. is that he's as good as he's going to be. So you'd want to sign him if you were a player away from doing something special, as the Eagles were last year. The Bills are a few years away from being special, so this may not be a good fit.

Lee Evans is a lot better then price but I'm not sold on him being a true #1 receiver.  I believe we can live without moulds if we improve the oline switch the focus to becoming a true smash mouth team by building around #21 and not a wr.    However if Owens were available to us I don't see why the hell not

534417[/snapback]

You're pinning your hopes on this guy based solely on his unbelievable talent, much like Philly did. I'm guessing Philly now wishes it never made a pact with the devil.

I honestly don't see many franchises, except maybe the Raiders, going after TO. He's just too much of a headcase.

Finally to TO news has quite. But read this article about what he said to GQ. I think he is right on.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9100035

With Moulds on the way out. Lets go and get TO. Now don't just say no, listen first. He would instantly make this team better on offense. Him and an improved oline. The guys is a gamer. He knows he has one chance left at Super Bowl (age and reputation). This guy is going to out to get back at not just the Eagles, but the NFL. You can tell by what he says in the article. What has Owens teams done the last few years? Take a look, they WIN! You can't expect to let Eric Moulds walk and become a better team, your nuts. You think Evans and Reed can be #1 receivers. Give me a break both of these guys are Peerless Price's. #2 guys that feed off the #1 guy getting double/attention.

Just imagine the TO on offense and TKO back on defense next year. Plus a top 10 pick in the draft.!!!

534109[/snapback]

What am i missing? I see nothing in this article that would change anyone's mind about TO. If you think TO's talent makes up for him being a complete A-hole and the most self-centered person in the NFL, then you may be willing to take the risk. This article does nothing to dispell that he is a complete A-hole and the most self-centered person in the NFL.

I certainly agree that about Reed. But there's no way you can say that about Evans. If you compare Moulds after two years to Evan's, it's not even close. Moulds biggest problem after two years was getting the splinters out of his ass from sitting on the bench.

Will Evan's become a #1? Who knows, I don't know, but neither do you, and if you truely did know, you wouldn't be posting here as you'd be working for some NFL team.

You think Evans and Reed can be #1 receivers. Give me a break both of these guys are Peerless Price's. #2 guys that feed off the #1 guy getting double/attention.

534109[/snapback]