Why the Bills should go for Reggie Bush.....

I wonder if anyone realizes that Willis will have over 1000 yards rushing this year? That’s all the running back we need to get it done, Bills need to improve both lines then things will fall into place, first place I hope. Keep it simple

Um....

Eli Manning was traded to the Chargers for Philip Rivers (essentially the 4th pick), their 3rd rounder, and a 1st and a 5th in 2005.

The trade I proposed is even stronger than that: the #1 pick for the #3-4 pick (what we should get when err... if we lose out), our 2nd, a 3rd, and a 1st in 2007.

532414[/snapback]

You didn't mention that in your original post, as near as I can tell (its super-long, but I haven't seen it in two reads of it.)

JDG

the pats also ply the free agent market pretty well -- rodney harrison, corey dillon, roosevelt colvin, ted washington, keith traylor. i'm sorry if i sound like a broken record, but free agents are equally as important as draft picks.  the best player on the current bills team is a free agent -- spikes.  fletcher is probably the best player on the defense this year, and he's a free agent. finally -- and i realize i may be refuting my argument in saying this -- but not one starting offensive lineman right now was drafted by the bills. this is despite the fact that the bills have drafted jennings, pucillo, mike williams, geisinger, the guard from iowa, duke preston, and at least one other stiff in the past five years.

532295[/snapback]

Exactly.....You need a balance from both FA and the draft....If you have players

coming only from the draft, you will look like a college team...If you sign just

FAs ignoring the draft you will look like a overaged 30+ team like our current bills.

Also, one of the reasons the Pats are able to trade down is the position they pick...In the last 5 years they have been picking very late in the round. It is easy to trade into those spots without paying a ransom...Hence more trade with the Pats..I am not saying that the Pats are not shrewd enough...but that is their

position....

If we could get Reggie Bush I would crap my pants.

However assuming we don't we need to address both lines in the draft...WE HAVE TO!

however I think once MM and TD hit the road together on a gay cowboy trip, I think we'll be okay, we need to keep Eric Moulds, and I think we can drop his pay low enough where cutting him would be close to keeping him capwise. he is still talented and one of only a few on this team able to go over the middle.

Mike Williams is gone.

sam Adams should stay.

Jeff Posey should get his walking papers

Bennie Anderson is eating up a roster spot and a paycheck releasing him does save us money.

Mark Campbell-I think he is a free agent

trey Teague

A few Free agents worth looking at IMHO

LeCharles Bentley, and build around him.

Jon Runyan, very physical, something we didn't see with Mike Williams at all. and because he'll be 33, he should be a hell of a lot cheaper than thomas. Jason Peters is currently our best Olineman, prior to the offseaon, he is good enough to move to LT, if he fails Mike Gandy is his back up.

Matt Schobel-Very athletic TE and since he has family here maybe he'll sign for less, he would be our starter next year, until Everett is completely ready.

then draft as such, we need to build around JP, he is still our future

1-Haloti Ngata-assuming he declares, if Mario Williams is there I would entertain him, I think Williams is a sure thing. Ngata, has a little more risk.

2-Max jean-Gilles-he might be a little overweight at 350+, David Joseph would be a good alt.

3-Todd Watckins-use JP's one solid ability so far, Watkins is the best deep threat in the draft. and is 8 inches taller than Roscoe

3b-Daniel Bullock-his progress tells us how important Lawyer is, if he learns fast, lawyer may be off to his third team.

4-James Wyche-quick and potential good DE

5-Gerald Mills-I would love to get him, he played TE for tulsa, and is the #1 TE in every stat in college this year, but at 6'2" 235 ounds he is best in the pros as a H-Back or FB-he's tough and can dominate, and could turn out to be the best pick if we get him.

6-back up QB like Gradkowski

7-Pierre woods-OLB-

JP could be very good with a few more seconds in the pocket, a line of

Peters, Jean-Gilles, Bentley, Villarrial-Runyan

with short outlets like Mills and Schobel, and a healthy Everett

an additional deep threat like Watkins, and an even year for Moulds.

on Defense you start with a healthy Spikes, with the playmaking ability of crowell (who is far better than Posey) and Fletcher.

with a Defensive line of Schobel, Adams, Ngata, and Kelsey

the 2ndary reamins the same. side note lost in this season is the play of King, who I think is playing very well for a rookie.

I wonder if anyone realizes that Willis will have over 1000 yards rushing this year?  That’s all the running back we need to get it done, Bills need to improve both lines then things will fall into place, first place I hope. Keep it simple

532454[/snapback]

Yes, we should and will address the O-Line. But I feel it's as simple as signing a LT. Mike Gandy has done well at the LT spot and will do even better at LG (which is what he played in Chicago). If we signed Tra Thomas and moved Gandy inside while getting some depth in the 2nd round, we'd be set on that front.

McGahee may have gotten 1,000 yards; but he hasn't been there when it counts and he certainly isn't playing like he did last season.

Why even talk about Bush? They have no chance of getting him. And there's still no guarantee he's coming out. Yeah, I know. LOL

Buffalo needs two things from what I see:

1.Offensive lineman- they don't pass protect enough. This has been an issue for a while. Eric Winston might be a good fit. I mean hell. All they do is take Hurricanes.

2.Big pass rusher- similarly, they don't have one big guy who can consistently get pressure on the QB and draw doubles.

Fix those two areas and they'll be improved dramatically.

Reggie Bush is the best running back to ever play college football. USC is the best college football team in history. Reggie Bush will be the best NFL player of all time.

Reggie Bush is Reggie Bush. He's Tedy Bruschi on steroids.

Seriously though, you said the best reason why we shouldn't draft Reggie Bush yourself when you said

The Texans aren't drafting him. No matter what anyone says, they can't and won't do it. They have a quality QB and a quality RB who just this year signed a 21.1 million dollar extension. He's been putting up solid numbers and Davis is one of the few solid players on the team.

You might as well put McGahee in for Davis, and Bills in for Texans.

i daid last night trade willis and our#1 to houston and we draft reggie.i am really starting to question what willis is all about.in the beginning i was very impressed about all the storries of his work ethic to get rehabbed.but i dont like his work ethic now.he seems only motovated by money and not by team.no doubt if you put him on a team and he is getting paid for how he feels he should he could be the best.i'd take reggie in a heart beat.only problem there is we should on paper keep willis and build our line with our high pick,because we would have another good back with a bad line blocking for him.keeping willis puts us ahead of a team that gets to have the yop pick cause now we are supposed to be at the 4th level.we have our qb,wr rb de and now its buiold the lines and thats how u build a winning team!go bills in'06

I don't think there is any possible way for Buffalo to end up with the top overall pick AND a second top five pick. I doubt Buffalo could do better than a second rounder for McGahee. Maybe a late first rounder is possible. What does Buffalo trade to Houston to get the overall pick?

I don't think there is any possible way for Buffalo to end up with the top overall pick AND a second top five pick.  I doubt Buffalo could do better than a second rounder for McGahee.  Maybe a late first rounder is possible.  What does Buffalo trade to Houston to get the overall pick?

532877[/snapback]

their own #1 which will be in the 6to 8 range and willis

I don't think there is any possible way for Buffalo to end up with the top overall pick AND a second top five pick.  I doubt Buffalo could do better than a second rounder for McGahee.  Maybe a late first rounder is possible.  What does Buffalo trade to Houston to get the overall pick?

532877[/snapback]

I never said another top 5 pick. I said we'd have the 1st and then a late first.

We have needs all over this team. Mainly in the O-Line and D-Line department.

So how and why does Reggie Bush fall into this equation? Well with the acquisition of veteran upgrades at both the O and D lines, we could afford to use a high pick on him. But why the hell would we do that when we already have a RB?

As I sit here in my Willis McGahee throwback, it pains me to admit that he is NOT a Buffalo Bill. Because he has no heart anymore.

....... and that's why you draft Reggie Bush.

532237[/snapback]

We don't need Reggie Bush. Look at Denver, they get great production out of every who-dat running back they put behind their O-line. If the Bills can sling together a terrific O-line, Shaud Williams will look like an all-pro.

I also submit that a terrific O-line will make our qb, receivers and tight ends look a hell of a lot better.

2.Big pass rusher- similarly, they don't have one big guy who can consistently get pressure on the QB and draw doubles.

532713[/snapback]

Why not switch Mike Williams to D-line and hypnotize him before every game into thinking that the opposing QB is a twinkie?