Where are all the Bledsoe bashers today?

Peter

That's not the point.  Nobody on the board has said that Bledsoe is the league MVP.  However, the bahsers simply say that he's washed up and should retire because he flat out sucks, and are unwilling to admit that he's a good-to-very-good (not great) quarterback.

CW

528530[/snapback]

And yours and Peter's knee-jerk defense of DB make it seem that he's a HOF QB.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the point.  Nobody on the board has said that Bledsoe is the league MVP.  However, the bahsers simply say that he's washed up and should retire because he flat out sucks, and are unwilling to admit that he's a good-to-very-good (not great) quarterback.

CW

528530[/snapback]

You don't become a top ten all time QB in yardage by being average or good. Drew is a very good QB who was stuck in a crummy situation in Buffalo. Now we have Jay Pee, oh joy.

Bledsoe is 90-88 as a starter, including playoffs.

Tired logic?

yeah.

528758[/snapback]

You forgot this stat-

Drew's career record against teams he played that finished the season at 10-5-1 or better- 5-34.

Anyways this is a Bills forum. I love how all the Drew lovers start posts whenever Drew does something oridinary and try to throw it in our faces. Lets talk about JP and our team

Bledsoe is 90-88 as a starter, including playoffs.

Tired logic?

yeah.

528758[/snapback]

Yeah, tired logic because the argument was, "Is Bledsoe washed up or not?" Last I checked, he has only one losing season in the last four. That's not washed up. Yet people like you insist on saying "HE SUCKS!" Whatever. :D

CW

Yeah, tired logic because the argument was, "Is Bledsoe washed up or not?"  Last I checked, he has only one losing season in the last four.  That's not washed up.  Yet people like you insist on saying "HE SUCKS!"  Whatever.  :D

CW

528772[/snapback]

You can take down your Drew Bledsoe poster any day now, Fezmid.

He's gone. Get over it.

Anyways this is a Bills forum.  I love how all the Drew lovers start posts whenever Drew does something oridinary and try to throw it in our faces.  Lets talk about JP and our team

You mean like how all the Drew bashers post whenever he gets a sack or a loss (even if it's a preseason game)?

Also, Bledsoe was anything but ordinary today.

Besides, that stat you quote is *worthless* unless you put it in context; what is Kelly's record against 10-5-1 teams? Marino? Elway? Montana? It's worthless if you don't have any context.

At least Bledsoe comments are confined to one thread, unlike the 487 "MM/TD suck" threads.

CW

You mean like how all the Drew bashers post whenever he gets a sack or a loss (even if it's a preseason game)?

Also, Bledsoe was anything but ordinary today.

Besides, that stat you quote is *worthless* unless you put it in context; what is Kelly's record against 10-5-1 teams?  Marino?  Elway?  Montana?  It's worthless if you don't have any context.

At least Bledsoe comments are confined to one thread, unlike the 487 "MM/TD suck" threads.

CW

528787[/snapback]

5-34 needs context? :D We dont start threads about Drew- those infatuated with him do. My team is the Bills and thats what I am here to discuss.

And yours and Peter's knee-jerk defense of DB make it seem that he's a HOF QB.

528536[/snapback]

There are some pretty good qbs who are not in the HOF. Will Bledsoe make it? I don't know but he moved very close to Fouts today in total yards. While doing so, he passed Len Dawson in touchdown passes, and is creeping up on John Hadl and Boomer Essiason.

I am NOT aiming this at you, but I am continuously astounded by the haters. Does anyone here really think that JP will have a career that even approaches that of Bledsoe? If so, please step up and say that JP will be in the top ten in yardage and touchdown passes.

One could make a case that Drew is getting older, and it was time for a young qb. I have little problem with this. The thing is, how much of this decision do YOU think was based on that loss to the Pitt scrubs last season? (This IS aimed at you :D:D )

In Dallas, Drew is playing behind a street free agent at LT, and a 5th round pick at RT. Parcells was quoted as saying that a football team can hide ONE bad OT, but not 2. This was an interesting quote. How bad IS our OL/coaching that Drew looks so much better in Dallas?

Our defense was heralded last year. In Dallas, there are 2 rookie DEs. Talented? Sure, but once again, they are rookies, and Dallas doesn't have Takeo helping out either.

In summary, I fail to see why so many are angry at Drew. He is not Joe Montana. He is what he is, and he is better by leaps and bounds than what we have now. Imo, he is lucky to play in a place where Bill Parcells is calling the shots. The Cowboys got Canty in round 4. We got Roscoe Parrish in round 2.

I blame TD for the mess we are in, not Drew Bledsoe.

In summary, I fail to see why so many are angry at Drew. He is not Joe Montana. He is what he is, and he is better by leaps and bounds than what we have now. Imo, he is lucky to play in a place where Bill Parcells is calling the shots. The Cowboys got Canty in round 4. We got Roscoe Parrish in round 2.

I blame TD for the mess we are in, not Drew Bledsoe.

528807[/snapback]

I have to agree. If I could have the Cowboys swap teams and coaches with the Bills I'd feel pretty fortunate at this point. I have to admit I was one of those that thought Drew should go. I was convinced his immobility was killing us (admittedly behind a not so solid line). He also seemed to have a knack for fumbling or throwing the interception at the worst time, and for not being able to win the big games (seemed he psyched himself out or something). Having said all that, it was unimaginable to me that without him we could sink as low as we have. I'm not saying we'd have been a lot better with him, but if we had invested in our O-Line, it is hard to imagine us being worse.

What I see at this point is a team with no heart, and that is really disturbing. Sure when we were winning (last year) w Drew, everybody got on board, believed, and they played strong the second half of the year. Now with some losses, there's no believers left apparantly... but whatever became of playing for pride, playing with heart. This team is friggin listless, and it is hard to believe we have much to build on.

I apologize Drew, it was not your fault. I hope you have a rewarding season. I'll go drown in my "Bills" sorrows now...

What I see at this point is a team with no heart, and that is really disturbing.  Sure when we were winning (last year) w Drew, everybody got on board, believed, and they played strong the second half of the year.  Now with some losses, there's no believers left apparantly... but whatever became of playing for pride, playing with heart.  This team is friggin listless, and it is hard to believe we have much to build on. 

I apologize Drew, it was not your fault.  I hope you have a rewarding season.  I'll go drown in my "Bills" sorrows now...

529023[/snapback]

Don't forget 2003. Drew Bledsoe that year was the most gutless loser to ever wear a Bills' uniform... he quit on the team. TD should've let this cancer go when he had a chance... most unfortunately he chose to extend Drew.

2004 started much the same way as 2003 ended, with the same lackluster performance and total void of any leadership. Then, incredible, once-in-a-lifetime good fortune struck. Easy schedule + opportunistic D & ST play had this team on the brink of performing a miracle... all in spite of Drew Bledsoe. Well, we all know what happened in the Steelers game... all the bad Bledsoe karma that had been building up for weeks exploded on the field that day. No more smoke and mirrors. :D

Now, here we are in 2005. TD finally realized the error of his ways and released Drew... but it was too late, the cancer had already spread too deep. If you want to blame anyone for this team's lack of identity and lack of leadership, blame the lingering Bledsoe effect. The best thing this organization could do next year is to bring in proven leaders that have never been associated in any way with Drew, and clear out all the losers who have been poisoned by associating with Bledsoe(starting with MM & TD).

Don't forget 2003. Drew Bledsoe that year was the most gutless loser to ever wear a Bills' uniform... he quit on the team. TD should've let this cancer go when he had a chance... most unfortunately he chose to extend Drew.

2004 started much the same way as 2003 ended, with the same lackluster performance and total void of any leadership. Then, incredible, once-in-a-lifetime good fortune struck. Easy schedule + opportunistic D & ST play had this team on the brink of performing a miracle... all in spite of Drew Bledsoe. Well, we all know what happened in the Steelers game... all the bad Bledsoe karma that had been building up for weeks exploded on the field that day. No more smoke and mirrors. :D

Now, here we are in 2005. TD finally realized the error of his ways and released Drew... but it was too late, the cancer had already spread too deep. If you want to blame anyone for this team's lack of identity and lack of leadership, blame the lingering Bledsoe effect. The best thing this organization could do next year is to bring in proven leaders that have never been associated in any way with Drew, and clear out all the losers who have been poisoned by associating with Bledsoe(starting with MM & TD).

529061[/snapback]

Rico, you have some interesting posts on football. Your posts about DB are not among them.

If anything, this year has proven that DB was not the problem with the Bills. In fact, DB's play just further exposes TD and MM for what they are. The problem was not DB, but the offensive and defensive lines. Once the Drew bashers and Bills management realize that, we can begin the rebuilding process. Until then, we will continue this miserable run we are on.

Anyways this is a Bills forum.  I love how all the Drew lovers start posts whenever Drew does something oridinary and try to throw it in our faces.  Lets talk about JP and our team

528771[/snapback]

Drew is a Bills alum. If we can talk about Kelly, or Thomas, or Smith, Reed, Simpson, or Gilchrist, we can talk about Bledsoe. It's especially appropriate BECAUSE it's a Bills forum.

Rico, you have some interesting posts on football.  Your posts about DB are not among them.

If anything, this year has proven that DB was not the problem with the Bills.  In fact, DB's play just further exposes TD and MM for what they are.  The problem was not DB, but the offensive and defensive lines.  Once the Drew bashers and Bills management realize that, we can begin the rebuilding process.  Until then, we will continue this miserable run we are on.

529066[/snapback]

Well... I don't agree with that purely because the expectations of DB are completely different in Dallas then they were in Buffalo. I mean I know what your saying, but the situations are just not comparable... The Bills gave up a 1st Round Pick and were asking DB to be the foundation of their Franchise...The Cowboys gave up what, a stick of gum? The Cowboys are asking Bledsoe to be efficient and not lose Games...Big difference...It's been easy for Bledsoe to exceed expectations in Dallas...It was simply not the same scenerio in Buffalo, and when DB got little help in the Coaching or O-Line areas, he was definitely not close to good enough...The Bills expected Drew to be a QB that would be a difference maker, they banked on it and so did a lot of Fans...DB was not the difference in winning Games enough...not nearly enough...

In fact the Bledsoe situation overall was not dissimilar to the RJ situation in that he was expected to be the next great Bills QB...And when you fall well short of that, regardless of circumstance, you are a HUGE part of the problem... :D