TD sounds like a beaten man

Sound_n_Fury

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, that too, but i'm just trying to put myself in their shoes for one second. it's gotta hurt- and i don't think these are bad guys either.

i have worked with coaches who were disciplined and committed and passionate and professional in every sense of the word, but they were ineffective because they lacked the ability to relate to their athletes. and they suffered the consequesnces. they were deserved, but it is still a shame to see.

When you've been making that much for the past 5 years? A hell of a lot better than mine will be. It's not like his plant is closing down.  He's simply going to stop bringing in 7 figures a year.

528805[/snapback]

and that is why emphasize that there are worse things that can happen to a person...that is obvious. but i don't hink this is a bad guy- just like i didn't think gregg williams was a bad guy. it's just a shame to see them go down in flames....especially when they run my favorite team!! :D:D

I do catch myself feeling bad for Whitey and the coaching staff at times...but then I remember how he managed to turn one of the NFL's proudest franchises into a colossal mess.  And then I feel better  0:)   

But seriously, it is kind of sad if you think about it.  I was thinking today about what Donahoe's home life must like right now.  If you're his kids, what are the other kids saying to you at school?  Not to sound corny, but what's Christmas like this year knowing that your job is hanging by a strand of dental floss? 

I still want him run out on a rail.  :D

528799[/snapback]

:D:D:D

i just listened to it also, and all i can say is wow, that is one sad-sounding dude :D .

i know at least one crazy poster here wants everyone involved with this mess assassinated or at least "punched in the nuts," but to me it's just a really sad day when you know these guys are about to be fired. 

not that i don't want them replaced, because i've seen enough too.  but i have to feel for a guy (TD) who practically works 24/7/365 for 5 years on something, only to have it blow up in his face like this.  that's kinda harsh if you think about it, you know?  how many of us have ever taken on a task that required that kind of TOTAL commitment and have it fall to pieces like the bills have this season?

i realize there are worse things that can happen to a person, but this has to be very tough to take.  and that is why i believe him 100% when he says "it hurts us worse than it hurts the fans."  hell, if it doesn't, there's something wrong with both us and them!

528777[/snapback]

I don't give a crap about TD or his future. An arrogant little pr**k with a Napoleonic complex to boot gets his comeuppance.

Well I'd say it was...

Strike 1 - GW

Strike 2 - DB

Strike 3 - MM

Three strikes and...well you know...

528061[/snapback]

DB is playing pretty good with a decent line that knows how to block! Something that was never a priority here. Think about it.

I do catch myself feeling bad for Whitey and the coaching staff at times...but then I remember how he managed to turn one of the NFL's proudest franchises into a colossal mess.  And then I feel better  0:)   

But seriously, it is kind of sad if you think about it.  I was thinking today about what Donahoe's home life must like right now.  If you're his kids, what are the other kids saying to you at school?  Not to sound corny, but what's Christmas like this year knowing that your job is hanging by a strand of dental floss? 

I still want him run out on a rail.  ;)

528799[/snapback]

feel better in that he can collect his big paycheck for 2 more years plus his ESPN salary as he comments on the mess he left in Buffalo on Sportscenter.

feel better in that he can collect his big paycheck for 2 more years plus his ESPN salary as he comments on the mess he left in Buffalo on Sportscenter.

529241[/snapback]

I think THAT is what pi$$e$ me off the most ........ after he's fired, ol' teflon Tom is going to become an analyst with ESPN telling the world what is wrong with the Bills .......... where in all reality ........ if he knew what the hell was wrong, why doesn't he fix it.

He's going to get paid a heck of a lot of money and all he's going to do is move his lips until words come out, without any REAL cogent thought attached, and the "sports fans" will believe his tripe ..... because he is an ESPN "expert".

I think THAT is what pi$$e$ me off the most ........ after he's fired, ol' teflon Tom is going to become an analyst with ESPN telling the world what is wrong with the Bills .......... where in all reality ........ if he knew what the hell was wrong, why doesn't he fix it.

He's going to get paid a heck of a lot of money and all he's going to do is move his lips until words come out, without any REAL cogent thought attached, and the "sports fans" will believe his tripe ..... because he is an ESPN "expert".

529335[/snapback]

Then the Bills should win and shut ole Whitey up.

I think if you ask anybody they would agree. The sad thing are the guys he interviewed and turned down, Lewis, Fox, Wies....

528051[/snapback]

I've been bitchin about not hiring Fox or Lewis all week at work and I think everyone is getting tired of hearing it. lol

Then the Bills should win and shut ole Whitey up.

529337[/snapback]

It's sad to say ....... but IMHO ...... if we "blow up" the organization/team like it looks like we'll have to do ....... I don't think we'll be doing any significant winning in the near future. We're talking stripping the front office, which will probably cause the coaching staff to be decimated, in conjunction with ridding the team of overpaid/underachiving players. Pretty much building an O-line from scratch, major overhaul of the D-line, some significant "tweaking" to the CBs, looking for some safeties that can still play. Our QB is still a question mark (not dissing JP, just pointing out that there is just as big a chance that he'll be good as there is of him being bad) with no viable "plan B". I must admit I WAS sold on Willis ..... but am getting less and less "sold" on him as the season wears on.

In my opinion ....... we need too many big changes all at once (some that will turn out to our advantage ..... some that won't) for this team to be a contender next year

I've been bitchin about not hiring Fox or Lewis all week at work and I think everyone is getting tired of hearing it. lol

529354[/snapback]

TD wasn't the only NFL GM to blow the call on Charlie Weis. ;)

It makes me wonder what the hell they evaluate potential head coaches on. Lists of important things such as, "Does he look good in a turtleneck?"

Because it clearly can't be coaches that actually get the job done because Charlie Weis has been a great coach for a long, long time.