Sabres win in ot

Mile High

Damn straight!  Thank God these guys are doing well.

525765[/snapback]

Reminds of a quote I once heard after Jimbo's last game at Rich stadium.... We were leaving the stadium and this random guy yells out, "Fug the Bills, at least we have the Sabres"!

Too true right now.

So do you stay with Biron and play the hot hand or put Miller back in there when he's healthy?  Coooooorrrrrp?

525794[/snapback]

Not a lot of people think this may be an issue, that it should be easy to just go back to Miller, but now Im not so sure...

Biron is what, 10-1-1 in his last 12? And its not like Marty is a guy who just came out of nowhere, he has been in the league for a few years and has been a #1 goalie multiple years...do you mess with the chemistry?

Tough call, but I might stick with Marty.

Not a lot of people think this may be an issue, that it should be easy to just go back to Miller, but now Im not so sure...

Biron is what, 10-1-1 in his last 12?  And its not like Marty is a guy who just came out of nowhere, he has been in the league for a few years and has been a #1 goalie multiple years...do you mess with the chemistry?

Tough call, but I might stick with Marty.

525801[/snapback]

At this point I tend to agree with you. Miller will be back next week or the following week, no? And won't he be assigned to Rachacha for a couple games? Thanks.

Which is exactly what they should do.

525816[/snapback]

It seems to me that this is the exact moment the Sabres have been waiting for since the day they drafted Miller.

But what the hell do I know, I haven't watched 1 hockey game this year. :pirate:

Bills Suck...Drop the Puck...Lets Go Sabres

525886[/snapback]

How truly sad that Bills / Sabres fans are stealing quotes from Philly fans on Rome. How much sadder is the fact that Buffalo fans didn't figure that chant out about 30 years ago, especially considering it has been valid about 20 of those 30 years.

Goalie situation in my eyes:

Miller is the starter, no matter what. Before the injury, biron's stock was equal to that of benny anderson on the trade block (that's zero folks). Since the injury, i believe the plan was to play marty and mika and hold the fort till miller came back. Now, marty is playing great (save last night's game... he played crappy in the beginning), however that does not change the situation. Miller WILL be the starter, marty still WILL be traded. The only difference is that marty is worth possibly a middle to high draft pick and/or a player instead of a bag of pucks.

The temptation to deal Marty while his value is on the upswing must be overwhelming for the goalie-stocked Sabres.

525808[/snapback]

The thing is, at this point why would you make a deal? What are we lacking? Most teams make deals to spark the line up or gear up for the playoffs. Neither is needed now. Don't fug whith the chemistry these guys got.

10 wins in 12 games and our only controversy is which of the two very good goalies on our team we should keep/start.

wow, makes you realize even more exactly how sad the Bills situation is right now....

525861[/snapback]

But in August, we were all singing a differant tune, me included. Thought the Sabres on paper looked like poop chit, and the Bills looked pretty good.

Lordy, guess thats why I am a sports genius :pirate:

The thing is, at this point why would you make a deal? What are we lacking? Most teams make deals to spark the line up or gear up for the playoffs. Neither is needed now. Don't fug whith the chemistry these guys got.

526001[/snapback]

They HAVE to make a deal.

Miller, Dumont and Briere are on injured reserve. Once they are healthy, the Sabres are required to activate them (part of the players agreement). Once one or more of them arre activated, someone has to be sent down to Rochester (if possible) or traded or waived. They are allowed to keep only 23 people on the active roster.

As part of the players agreement, most of the experienced players would have to be exposed to waivers before being sent to Rochester.

They HAVE to make a deal.

Miller, Dumont and Briere are on injured reserve. Once they are healthy, the Sabres are required to activate them (part of the players agreement). Once one or more of them arre activated, someone has to be sent down to Rochester (if possible) or traded or waived. They are allowed to keep only 23 people on the active roster.

As part of the players agreement, most of the experienced players would have to be exposed to waivers before being sent to Rochester.

526043[/snapback]

Anyone know if Miller is out of available trips to Rochester and/or if he could go there for a short regab assignment? That might be the best way to go, just get him working again before really deciding it's OK to deal Marty...