Anyone consider that MM is RIGHT?

PJBrown

Just a thought since everyone here seems to know everything that happened...but what if Moulds deserves this?

524198[/snapback]

I've been harping on that all day. Mularkey is not going to want or try to suspend a player like Moulds for a good reason, let alone a lousy reason, or no reason, as most of the RR has been speculating. I would bet anyone that Moulds did and/or said something pretty heinous, regardless of MM's coaching abilities or lackthereof.

Right or wrong this isn't his first conflict with someone on the team this year. It seems to me that MM might have lost the respect of some of his players, which is never a good situation.

Right or wrong this isn't his first conflict with someone on the team this year.  It seems to me that MM might have lost the respect of some of his players, which is never a good situation.

524207[/snapback]

4-8 teams have conflicts. If it's Sam Adams just look at his past....he's had conflict on every team he's been on.

Right or wrong this isn't his first conflict with someone on the team this year.  It seems to me that MM might have lost the respect of some of his players, which is never a good situation.

524207[/snapback]

loss of respect or not, hes still their coach and boss, so the players need to learn to either STFU and do what they're told, or suffer the consequences...looks like moulds took choice B...

I've been harping on that all day. Mularkey is not going to want or try to suspend a player like Moulds for a good reason, let alone a lousy reason, or no reason, as most of the RR has been speculating. I would bet anyone that Moulds did and/or said something pretty heinous, regardless of MM's coaching abilities or lackthereof.

524206[/snapback]

But Kelly wouldn't it also be fair and balanced to think that given Moulds has a decade without suspensions that the possible pretty heinous act and/or words might have been avoided with alternative management strategies? I agree nobody would want to suspend a player like Moulds under these circumstances but I would speculate that management might have been able to avoid these circumstances. (I realize I am still speculating about the suspension as well).

524206[/snapback]

i see your point dog, and i still sorta like mularkey. however, it's hard to divorce it from the larger context, which of course isn't mularkey's making. that context is one in which butler guys have been ridden out unceremoniously and almost always embittered. that has regularly been followed up by anonymous sources from within the bills kvetching to the national media about how those players weren't all that. they badmouthed jennings (not a butler guy, of course) to pro football weekly after he got hurt this year, ted washington for being too fat, henry jones for being a bad tackler, and even went so far as to provide the number of drops by riemersma to len pasquarelli after the 2002 season. i guess what i'm trying to say is that there is some bad vibes emanating from that place. i don't recall butler doing that sort of thing. people teased him for the fine young man stuff, but when guys like burris and thomas smith left, he at least acted like he was pained. he certainly didn't badmouth them to national beat guys like the bills current administration does.

back to my original point: i think that context is coloring this.

loss of respect or not, hes still their coach and boss, so the players need to learn to either STFU and do what their told, or suffer the consequences...looks like moulds took choice B...

524210[/snapback]

Agreed, which is why RW will back MM on this one. That seems to be a tough sell though to these young multi millionaires these days though.

loss of respect or not, hes still their coach and boss, so the players need to learn to either STFU and do what their told, or suffer the consequences...looks like moulds took choice B...

I'm just stating what everyone already knows, this year is terrible and gets worse every week. After what I've seen we need a change at GM and HC.

524210[/snapback]

Disagree. Sometimes the crew can see what the skipper can't. Just shutting-the-F__-up and doing what you're told has consequences, too. Like ... 4-8. I've seen a "mutiny" of sorts happen in a work unit in my time. I can say that the one I saw involved a manager who was way out of line in both judgement and behavior. If the crew had just shut-the-F__-up and done what they were told, management would've done nothing. Instead, the situation was improved.

My point is this: Sometime the impetus has to come from the bottom up, NOT the top down. The very top people in any organization - like Ralph, for instance, or the head of any State agency as another example - are almost always SURROUNDED by people telling them things like ... "Everything's running like a Swiss watch, sir!" ... "The players LOVE Mike ... great hiring decision, sir!" ... "I just came from the locker room, and I didn't hear ONE complaint!"

I suspect Ralph is harder to con than that. I agree with the poster earlier who predicted that Donahoe is out VERY SHORTLY. No improvement in five years, and the team's in chaos.

Funny thing is I just added a comment on one of the endless Moulds posts saying this exact thing. If what we are hearing is true that Moulds took himself out of the game on Sunday (assuming no injury), refused to go back in, and then missed a mandatory meeting with MM Monday, then de DESERVES to be suspended, regardless of what mistakes MM may or not have made himself.

Missing a meeting is bad...but, probably does not warrant a game suspension. Refusing to go into the game while healthy is way over the line and HAS to be dealt with harshly...even if the punishment hurts the performance of the team. And, in this instance, the hurt on the team is not that bad as the Bills are out of the playoff hunt. In fact, going forward, it would be more harmful to let a player that demonstrated that level of insubordination play.

Of course, we still don't REALLY know what, exactly, went down. So, it is all speculation.

524206[/snapback]

Its called deflection. MM is deflecting fan and media criticism of his complete amd utter incompetence. It's pretty bad when a HC has to resort to theatrics like this to cover his own insecurities.

But Kelly wouldn't it also be fair and balanced to think that given Moulds has a decade without suspensions  that the possible pretty heinous act and/or words might have been avoided with alternative management strategies?

524214[/snapback]

A decade on underperforming and underwhelming teams :devil:

I'm not blaming Moulds, but there haven't been too many years where he has made his QBs or coaches look great.

If Moulds is a leader on the team, maybe we need a new set of leaders. This team is too far away to try and placate guys who have 1-2 years left in their career. Off the top of my head, that would be Moulds, Milloy, Vincent, Fletcher, and Adams. I like all five of those guys, but they won't make an impact on the Bills in 2007. I thought they were all good signings when I was convinced that we were "almost there." Now they look like wasted cap space to me.

If Moulds is a leader on the team, maybe we need a new set of leaders.

524232[/snapback]

Be careful... this was the point of my earlier post. Which of the following is a true leader? ...

-

-"Yes, sir, one plus one does equal three. Yes sir..."

-

-...or ...

-

-"Actually, sir, the latest NASA satellite photos suggest that the earth may in fact be round..."

-

-Give me the second guy. Every time.

Just a thought since everyone here seems to know everything that happened...but what if Moulds deserves this?

524198[/snapback]

I have a hard time, again considering that Owens was suspended for starting fights in the locker room, that Mularkey is truly "right" in this course of action, no matter how in the wrong Moulds is. There's nothing Mularkey has done here that represents any halfway-decent management technique as far as I can tell...

524198[/snapback]

I have no proof of this, but I have a hunch that a select group of vets are trying to undermine MM's authority. The inmates cannot run the asylum and if they don't like it, they need to be shown the door.

Missing a meeting is bad...but, probably does not warrant a game suspension.  Refusing to go into the game while healthy is way over the line and HAS to be dealt with harshly...even if the punishment hurts the performance of the team.  And, in this instance, the hurt on the team is not that bad as the Bills are out of the playoff hunt.  In fact, going forward, it would be more harmful to let a player that demonstrated that level of insubordination play.

Of course, we still don't REALLY know what, exactly, went down.  So, it is all speculation.

524226[/snapback]

I'll agree with 95% of this. The only difference of opinion is that I'd be open to suspending a guy for missing a meeting. Now that the team is only playing for pride, it would be very easy to let discipline go by the wayside. If you start letting guys miss meetings, things will only deteriorate.