In A Way, This Season May

Please hear me out.....

1) Moulds is whining.

2) Adams is whining.

3) Williams was clearly exposed.

People, we were not making the playoffs WITH these guys. Two are old. The other sucks. At least 2 of them, hopefully all 3 will be jettisoned from our beloved team.

Please realize that these guys (in terms of cap hit) will count more than 21 million dollars in 06 if they stick around. Sentiment has no place in this discussion. No sane GM would have this sorry lot "eat" up approx. 1/4 of the salary cap allotment. Getting rid of them is good for the Buffalo Bills.

A few more things:

1) We WILL draft early.

2) We have an additional early 3rd.

3) MM is taking his lumps.

4) Return of Takeo?

Early selections in a well stocked draft should serve to help us rebuild both lines. The return of a healthy Takeo alone is worth a win or 2.

Mularkey is hopefully learning from his mistakes. This matters, if he stays.

Last but not least is JP. It looks like he does have the tools to succeed in this league. The benching was good imo. It served to humble him. Maybe when Moulds is gone, he will be in a better position to become a leader.

I know, much of the above is wishful thinking, but this is what we are left to do; this or torture ourselves. I am not getting as upset when we lose as I used to. You know what, it feels better. It still hurts, but I am going to focus on the future of this team.

I still believe that we will win a superbowl, some day. :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe when Moulds is gone, he will be in a better position to become a leader.

You may have hit on something there.

One suspicion I had on Sunday was that Moulds was pouting about the "rookie" QB again. If that is the case, then no amount of coddling will make Moulds happy, so either goes, or JPL goes.

You mean this season may be a "blessing in disguise" or that there maybe a 'silver linging' to this experience? I hope the eternal pessismists do not read this post, it may cause them to go overboard with their 'pat' responses; you know kind of like this:

(a) take off your rose-colored glasses...

(b) are you drinking the kool-aid....

© MM and TD must go....

(d) I have never EVER been so embarassed (depressed, blah, blah)....

(e) I knew this was going to happen

(f) put me in charge

(g) Ralph Wilson is senile

(h) the UAW would save this franchise

(i) <insert the other drivel here>

Seriously, I am in total agreement with you Bill. While as a fan, I am dissappointed with the record to date, as a realist it is about what I expected given our soft Defense and inexperienced QB and Head Coach.

Things will get better.

Please hear me out.....

1) Moulds is whining.

2) Adams is whining.

People, we were not making the playoffs WITH these guys.  Two are old. The other sucks. At least 2 of them, hopefully all 3 will be jettisoned from our beloved team.

Please realize that these guys (in terms of cap hit) will count more than 21 million dollars in 06 if they stick around. Sentiment has no place in this discussion. No sane GM would have this sorry lot "eat" up approx. 1/4 of the salary cap allotment.  Getting rid of them is good for the Buffalo Bills.

A few more things:

1) We WILL draft early.

4) Return of Takeo?

Early selections in a well stocked draft should serve to help us rebuild both lines. The return of a healthy Takeo alone is worth a win or 2.

Last but not least is JP. It looks like he does have the tools to succeed in this league. The benching was good imo. It served to humble him. Maybe when Moulds is gone, he will be in a better position to become a leader.

I know, much of the above is wishful thinking, but this is what we are left to do; this or torture ourselves. I am not getting as upset when we lose as I used to. You know what, it feels better. It still hurts, but I am going to focus on the future of this team.

I still believe that we will win a superbowl, some day.  :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

522445[/snapback]

Please hear me out.....

1) Moulds is whining.

2) Adams is whining.

People, we were not making the playoffs WITH these guys.  Two are old. The other sucks. At least 2 of them, hopefully all 3 will be jettisoned from our beloved team.

Please realize that these guys (in terms of cap hit) will count more than 21 million dollars in 06 if they stick around. Sentiment has no place in this discussion. No sane GM would have this sorry lot "eat" up approx. 1/4 of the salary cap allotment.  Getting rid of them is good for the Buffalo Bills.

A few more things:

1) We WILL draft early.

4) Return of Takeo?

I still believe that we will win a superbowl, some day.  :)

522445[/snapback]

bill -- you're saying this is good because ... we get to rebuild all over again?? and since when did drafting late hurt the bills in the late 80s/90s or the steelers in the past dozen years or the pats in the last five?

I think you're wrong on two of the three, Moulds is probably a goner, however, Mike Williams will be forced out only if he fails to renegotiate his contract lower. I believe he will take a cut. The Bills need to kiss and make nice with Sam Adams simply because huge DT's with his combination of size and quickness are RARE!! In the draft, the 4th pick is likely when this team plays the "run for the bus" game in New York! That slot is a power slot and Vince Young or Mario Williams are going to be sitting right about there! Trade down and rip off the desperate franchises that will mortgage their future for Young or Williams. Denver, right now, has the only multiple picks in the 1st round, so dangle #4 to them for the two firsts and add a third rounder for good measure! In this case, you'd (The Bills) have two ones, a two, and three threes, and if the Bills garner a compensation pick, make it's four thirds!!! Mid- first round tab Gabriel Watson, DT, Michigan and follow that up with Michael Huff, SS, Texas. Second round, pick #37 approx. take Orien Harris, DT, Miami. With the multiple picks of the third round, take OL depth (two picks) and a TE or DE.

Early selections in a well stocked draft should serve to help us rebuild both lines.

522445[/snapback]

It may help rebuild both lines eventually. But counting on a few rookie DT and OL to help stabilize our lines is a bit much.

The Bills need to kiss and make nice with Sam Adams simply because huge DT's with his combination of size and quickness are RARE!!

522525[/snapback]

Slow down there Bflojohn, SA is rare; but more in the RAREly makes a play. SA is a huge (pun intended) dissappointment. He exemplifies everything wrong with this defense.

Kiss and make nice...are you his agent? SA needs to kiss and make nice with the coaches, if not, he should be shoved out the door.

He simply does not make plays with any consistency or when it counts. We can do better.

It may help rebuild both lines eventually.  But counting on a few rookie DT and OL to help stabilize our lines is a bit much.

522528[/snapback]

Perhaps, but the Colts drafted Glenn and Meadows back to back. I wolud venture a guess that this helped Manning.

Look, you have got to start somewhere. The post superbowl Bills resemble a dog chasing its tail. Who was the last Tackle that the Bills drafted on either side of the line that can play football? Who was the last Guard, Ruben Brown?!

Roscoe Parrish is on the wrong team. He would probably be a great situational player on the Colts, but our GM chose to take him with our first pick of a draft. The Bills need to get stronger. TD has chosen to go the route of hospitalized "skill" players, and we are losing.

Our lines are SO soft that prominent rookies could constitute an immediate improvement. It can't get much worse than Williams, Anderson, Bannan and Teague.

Please hear me out.....

1) Moulds is whining.

2) Adams is whining.

A few more things:

1) We WILL draft early.

4) Return of Takeo?

I still believe that we will win a superbowl, some day.  :D

522445[/snapback]

Good post. Thank god it's not another "My hair's on fire! This is the worst team in the history of the universe! Get rid of Donohoe or my life will end!" post. Believe me, I'm as upset at anyone at that collapse Sunday, but though I have lived and died with the Bills for forty years, really, this isn't life or death.

One suspicion I had on Sunday was that Moulds was pouting about the "rookie" QB again.

522470[/snapback]

I have to admit, when Evans got his third TD in ten minutes, my first thought was "EM is gonna be pissed." Perhaps Moulds thought he should have been the one to get Losman's third TD pass.

bill -- you're saying this is good because ... we get to rebuild all over again?? and since when did drafting late hurt the bills in the late 80s/90s or the steelers in the past dozen years or the pats in the last five?

522500[/snapback]

Problem is that we never really and truly rebuilt- we had the 3-13 season, then went the free agent route- which wont work- you cant afford to fortify both sides of the ball doing that

522445[/snapback]

This is what makes looking back at last year so painful. If TV doesn't hit JP, DB gets benched in Balt and JP could have gone through these growing pains last year.

This is what makes looking bact at last year so painful. If TV doesn't hit JP, DB gets benched in Balt and JP could have gone through these growing pains last year.

523072[/snapback]

My feelings exactly!!! That was the worst thing that happened last year, and it was one of our veteran leaders that delivered the blow!

Slow down there Bflojohn, SA is rare; but more in the RAREly makes a play.  SA is a huge (pun intended) dissappointment.  He exemplifies everything wrong with this defense.

Kiss and make nice...are you his agent?  SA needs to kiss and make nice with the coaches, if not, he should be shoved out the door. 

He simply does not make plays with any consistency or when it counts.  We can do better.

522674[/snapback]

While I'm no fan of the inmates running the asylum, to be fair to Sam Adams he has been asked to do things that don't fit his talent set perfectly, mainly looking for him to be a line anchor when he's not good at it and sacrificing his exceptional one-gap skills as a result. Sam is one of the best penetrators in the middle in the game but that skill in our D is ony valuable in our basic running D if you have a complementary 2-gap lineman to play to his side, and without rotational help to spell him int he run D his pass down efectiveness is subject to the fatigue of playing every down. Adams might be fighting a losing battle, but the cause was the team foolishly entering the season shy at the very minimum one more quality DT and considering the limitation of Ron Edwards more realistically shy 2 DTs.

I'm going to hold back from laying all the blame on Big Sam when #1 he's the ONLY starting quality DT on our roster and the warning signs going into the season were so evident yet Donahoe wildly misjudged the talent- or perhaps lack of talent- he had signed up at the position.