Sully On MM Today

Rico

That's one year too many for me, WTF is he thinking? :)

522387[/snapback]

Ugh...

Well...I for one don't need to see any more from MM to know he's just not ready, and once again we are the NFL's Training ground for young HC's...

If MM is back so be it... But I just don't see how, after all the evidence is in, any of these Guys...Coaches, GM, etc., are going to make it in Buffalo after Week 17...

We'll see... :D

I'd have fired TD AND MM on Sunday Night. Let Marv coach the last 4 games and if he wants the job next year it's his. He couldn't do any worse than MM or Williams did.

522539[/snapback]

I guess we should all be thankful that you're not the owner of the Bills then.

For all of those asking for Marv, he said he won't coach again. He is enjoying his retirement.

He is 80 or 81 for god's sake.

He was the oldest coach in NFL history when he retired.

For all of those asking for Marv, he said he won't coach again. He is enjoying his retirement.

He is 80 or 81 for god's sake.

He was the oldest coach in NFL history when he retired.

522686[/snapback]

Link? He was actively looking for work before this season began, but couldn't find any takers to bring in an 80+ year old head coach.

All of the fire MM talk brings up an interesting thought ......

We all agree that a rookie player in most positions needs time to "learn" his role or position within the NFL game. Case in point is that we all are willing to take our "lumps" with JP with the knowledge that he will (or should) "grow into the position". Shouldn't a "rookie" head coach deserve the same consideation?

I am not either advocating keeping MM ...... nor cutting JP for poor performance, just pointing out that both have both have had shortcomings at times (as should be expected).

The way I see it ..... the coaching staff either has the horses to compete and fail, therefore it's their fault and the front office types are blameless (TD and others), or the coaching staff doesn't have the horses and are failing trying to cover their weaknesses, which would indicate that TD, scouting department, etc are to blame and the coaching staff deserve a second chance.

We are calling for a house cleaning on the board ...... is it necessary????

Do we have talent and can't coach them??????

Do we have a team of stiffs, and can't cover up our various holes??????

I must admit ..... I'm trying real hard to like this coaching staff ... not sure why ... but I just WANT to like them.

But with his arrogant nature and snide ass remarks (telling the fans to "save their postage" etc) I want to hate TD.

So if I get a vote ......... can TD ..... keep the coaches and let them mature together (at least for another few years).

All of the fire MM talk brings up an interesting thought ......

We all agree that a rookie player in most positions needs time to "learn" his role or position within the NFL game. Case in point is that we all are willing to take our "lumps" with JP with the knowledge that he will (or should) "grow into the position". Shouldn't a "rookie" head coach deserve the same consideation?

I am not either advocating keeping MM ...... nor cutting JP for poor performance, just pointing out that both have both have had shortcomings at times (as should be expected).

The way I see it ..... the coaching staff either has the horses to compete and fail, therefore it's their fault and the front office types are blameless (TD and others), or the coaching staff doesn't have the horses and are failing trying to cover their weaknesses, which would indicate that TD, scouting department, etc are to blame and the coaching staff deserve a second chance.

We are calling for a house cleaning on the board ...... is it necessary????

Do we have talent and can't coach them??????

Do we have a team of stiffs, and can't cover up our various holes??????

I must admit ..... I'm trying real hard to like this coaching staff ... not sure why ... but I just WANT to like them.

But with his arrogant nature and snide ass remarks (telling the fans to "save their postage" etc) I want to hate TD.

So if I get a vote ......... can TD ..... keep the coaches and let them mature together (at least for another few years).

522711[/snapback]

Pro football is not "rocket surgury". It pays pretty well, to boot.

A coach at that level who can't figure out something as simple as a hefty lead in the 4th quarter and how to handle that probably needs to find another occupation..and not fast-food counter sales. That task takes some ability to understand both history and at-the-moment situations. :D

Pro football is not "rocket surgury".  It pays pretty well, to boot.

A coach at that level who can't figure out something as simple as a hefty lead in the 4th quarter and how to handle that  probably needs to find another occupation..and not fast-food counter sales. That task takes some ability to understand both history and at-the-moment situations.  :D

522723[/snapback]

Well I agree it may not be rocket surgery ....... however I propose that analysis of the playcalling after the outcome is known may not be entirely fair either .... case in point is the Losman interception that everybody pretty much agrees was a boneheaded playcall.

If we look at the series of plays preceding the infamous call;

run ...... 1 yard

pass ......8 yards

run ...... 1 yard

run ...... -4 yards

pass ..... 10 yards

pass ..... 9 yards

pass ..... 5 yards

run ...... 10 yards

run ...... -3 yards

pass ..... 22 yards

I think it could safely be said the daolphins were playing our run game pretty damn well ..... with the exception of the 10 yard run they were in fact stuffing our run game (and it can be argued that that good run was set up with our success in our passing game).

NOW ...... without the known outcome ........ we have four downs to score ... we are in the shadows of the goalposts ....... I don't think it's a far stretch to trust our QB to either find a lead chinch open reciever or throw the ball away. In effect either scoring a TD ..... or ...... keeping the defense honest respecting our willingness to throw.

Gutsy call ..... you betcha ....... risky call ....... hell yeah ........ but not nearly as bad a call as the fans and media make it out to be.

We lost the game because we were unable to score any offensive points in the last 50 minutes of the game ....... we lost the game because or defense let some bench warming career backup named after a spice put up career passing numbers in only one quarter of a football game ...... we lost the game because we let a reciever who has been plagued with the dropsies his entire career run up and down the field unhindered.