The 17 words you hope never to hear

Rubes

On the bright side, it may provide the revelation to the coaches that, yes, even a backup has to be able to play both the run and the pass.

I think we might be seeing a SS pick in the draft. Maybe a 3rd. Backup then take over for an aging Milloy. Problem is, we've got that same situation at too many spots. FB, MLB, SLB, FS (tho Baker has impressed me)....

Actually that may not be such a bad thing this week, as I fully expect Miami to try to run the ball down our throat -- something they didn't do enough of (fortunately) when we played them last time. As awful as Wire is in pass coverage, he's pretty good in run support.

517126[/snapback]

I'll take "What is the biggest misconception in the mythology of Coy Wire" for 100, Alex!

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sorry, try again.

As has been discussed here before - if you've actually ever watched Wire you would know he is horrendous in run support for the same reason he is horrendous in pass support. He takes bad angles, over pursues, bites on fakes/play action, lacks instinct, and generally is late getting to the play. When he ever does make a tackle it usually is from behind - 5-7 yards down the field. He rarely if ever makes an open field tackle - and if he does make a tackle it rarely is at the point where it initially should be made. The 3 or 4 'big hits' in his career which some people extrapolate for some bizarre reason to annoint him a great tackler always come when he hits a stationary or straight-ahead target (which many times is already held up by someone else - or a pile).

On the bright side - the likelihood is that he'll play horribly and be benched by halftime...

CW < RJ

517123[/snapback]

Only one problem with that. Have you looked at the depth chart lately? There's nobody behind him.

Only one problem with that. Have you looked at the depth chart lately? There's nobody behind him.

517135[/snapback]

There is no doubt in my mind that Baker would do a better job - I'd rather even see Leonhard out there - or King - or anyone..

Wire is a huge liability whenever he is on the field, plain and simple. He is in a position where his horrible play and lack of ability can be (has been) exploted even if everyone else on defense is doing their job. This is another TD failing if you want to go there - it is disgraceful that Wire is even on the roster and we don't have a competent SS backup on the depth chart.

"Kevin Gilbride has agreed to return as offensive coordinator to help the comeback of QB Gary Marangi."

"Buffalo Bills' Owner Ralph Wilson calls press conference to announce hiring of new Buffalo Bills GM [iCE/BF/e-dog/DeeRay/etc]"

17 more words I never hope to hear:

"The Steelers go to the Super Bowl after beating the Browns and Buffalo Bills in the playoffs."

Mike

517128[/snapback]

Well, fortunately you don't have to worry about that one.

or better yet:

"Honey, I have some bad news.  It involves the internet, your best friend and a rubber chicken."

517254[/snapback]

Or how about:

"Honey, I have some bad news. It involves the internet, the Seventh Floor Crew and R. Kelly."

So R. isn't a word. I had to make it work. :D