its simple

JAMIEBUF12

this team needs to get rid of jerry gray plain and simple!even the last two seasons when we were rated #2 it was severly skewed.we never stopped teams the past two seasons on 3rd downs and espicially the long 3rd downs.and as much as everyone says that pat williams was never in on 3rd downs .well thats cause he helped stop the 1st and 2nd down runs.jerry gray has never been one to adjust to a game.he does not force his defenses will on the opposing teams.jp played a pretty good game today and if we could stop carolina on any of the 3rd down plays today maybe we coulda won this its simple fire jerry gray!go bills in"06

How come if Kelly Holcomb plays like this today people criticize him, but when JP Losman plays like he did today, people praise him?

Its really not fair, and ridiculous.

513571[/snapback]

this game was clearly on our defense................dont know what game you watched today......jp had all kinds of 1st down pickups that were over 10 nyard plays......this was our defense not being able to stop the panthers on 3rd down.a bit of bad penalties as well

this game was clearly on our defense................dont know what game you watched today......jp had all kinds of 1st down pickups that were over 10 nyard plays......this was our defense not being able to stop the panthers on 3rd down.a bit of bad penalties as well

513579[/snapback]

Yup, allowing 13 points to a team averaging over 24/game is clearly the fault of the defense. :(

CW

Yup, allowing 13 points to a team averaging over 24/game is clearly the fault of the defense. :(

CW

513585[/snapback]

its not even worth arguing Fez. most posters, especially the retards that come out of the woodwork after a loss, are too myopic to reasonably analyze the game. Anyone who thought we would put up more than about 10-13 points on Carolina's D was insane. But our defense played reasonably well, save for the fact coy wire cant cover anything. Also, there was the BS holding call on clements that kept a drive alive. There were some good things that happend during the game, and JP played well. Unfortunately, our lines failed us again. One can only hope this will be resolved during the offseason.

this team needs to get rid of jerry gray plain and simple!even the last two seasons when we were rated #2 it was severly skewed.we never stopped teams the past two seasons on 3rd downs and espicially the long 3rd downs.and as much as everyone says that pat williams was never in on 3rd downs .well thats cause he helped stop the 1st and 2nd down runs.jerry gray has never been one to adjust to a game.he does not force his defenses will on the opposing teams.jp played a pretty good game today and if we could stop carolina on any of the 3rd down plays today maybe we coulda won this its simple fire jerry gray!go bills in"06

513558[/snapback]

I concur.

How come if Kelly Holcomb plays like this today people criticize him, but when JP Losman plays like he did today, people praise him?

513571[/snapback]

Its a matter of expectations. Most fans expect a 2nd year QB making his 6th career start to struggle at times, but expect him to improve, which JP is clearly doing.

That said, I don't think there are many similarities in their play. Losman is a much more aggressive, down the field passer. He doesn't always complete them, but he seems to attempt far more intermediate range 10-25 yard passes than Holcomb ever did.

513571[/snapback]

Because Losman threw a 12 yard pass beyond the marker on 4th down and didnt toss a 0 yd out on 4th and 7.

its not even worth arguing Fez. most posters, especially the retards that come out of the woodwork after a loss, are too myopic to reasonably analyze the game. Anyone who thought we would put up more than about 10-13 points on Carolina's D was insane. But our defense played reasonably well, save for the fact coy wire cant cover anything. Also, there was the BS holding call on clements that kept a drive alive. There were some good things that happend during the game, and JP played well. Unfortunately, our lines failed us again. One can only hope this will be resolved during the offseason.

513597[/snapback]

What's funny is that these are the same people who were screaming we'd be blasted for 500 yards rushing 700 yards receiving and 654 points because our defense sucks so bad and the Panthers are the "best team in the NFC." Now they complain about the "heartless," "gutless" performance of the D when, in fact they do lose, but in a game that was a lot closer than any of them would have hazarded to guess.

And again, the TD was on Posey. He was assigned the TE, but got deked out by the fake end-around. Wire was assigned outside (that's the direction he was headed), and came in when Posey missed the chuck. Too late. Wire's done a lot of things wrong, but this one's on Posey. Actually, you can put it on Crowell for getting the face mask penalty that gave them the extra tries...

Fug this place.

What's funny is that these are the same people who were screaming we'd be blasted for 500 yards rushing 700 yards receiving and 654 points because our defense sucks so bad and the Panthers are the "best team in the NFC."  Now they complain about the "heartless," "gutless" performance of the D when, in fact they do lose, but in a game that was a lot closer than any of them would have hazarded to guess.

And again, the TD was on Posey.  He was assigned the TE, but got deked out by the fake end-around.  Wire was assigned outside (that's the direction he was headed), and came in when Posey missed the chuck.  Too late.  Wire's done a lot of things wrong, but this one's on Posey.  Actually, you can put it on Crowell for getting the face mask penalty that gave them the extra tries...

Fug this place.

513651[/snapback]

Except that nobody could actually see the facemask on any of the replays...

Other than that, I agree (although I still don't think you can tell if it was Posey, Wire, or both on the play).

CW

I dunno I'm pretty happy with the progression shown by JP today. It's gonna take time for him to become our hero, but today he did a good job. Yeah, he made mistakes like the INT but working behind the makeshift line he's got he's coming along.

Its a matter of expectations.  Most fans expect a 2nd year QB making his 6th career start to struggle at times,  but expect him to improve,  which JP is clearly doing.   

That said,  I don't think there are many similarities in their play.  Losman is a much more aggressive,  down the field passer.  He doesn't always complete them,  but he seems to attempt far more intermediate range 10-25 yard passes than Holcomb ever did.

513604[/snapback]

Good post. OUr offence is anemic and it WAS the reason we lost today. Expecting a defence to hold any offence, even the worst in the league, to under 9 points is an unreasonable request. That doesnt excuse them from the many other crappy performances this season though. They still suck. But it is encouraging to see Losman gain confidence week to week. He is not nearly as skittish back there as he was at the start of the season. And the blame cant all be on the passing game either. Our ground game only amounted to 53yds

It's funny, this is the first game since the start of the year where I thought Jerry Gray called a good game on defense, and yet I come here and so many people are ripping on the D. The fact is, within the limitations of the defense (namely our gaping hole at D tackle) this was a pretty good defensive game. It certainly wasn't the blitz-happy, burned for 4 touchdowns affair I was expecting. If Gray could've used some common sense and called some like this before, I would certainly be a lot happier.

It's funny, this is the first game since the start of the year where I thought Jerry Gray called a good game on defense, and yet I come here and so many people are ripping on the D.  The fact is, within the limitations of the defense (namely our gaping hole at D tackle) this was a pretty good defensive game.  It certainly wasn't the blitz-happy, burned for 4 touchdowns affair I was expecting.  If Gray could've used some common sense and called some like this before, I would certainly be a lot happier.

513667[/snapback]

our D has been pretty damn good at home and BAD on the road.

in 6 road games we are 4-2 and our D has 21 takeaways. that is a great number.

the point you made above is important -- today we played straight vanilla and did a solid job overall, even without anyone good at DT, short our #2 corner, and without our best player (TKO) against a great O. it seems like we do have some guys who can play on D, but bad bad coaching.

to me it is pretty clear we lost because our O sucks ass.

we were in the redzone 3 times and got 3 FGs. you can't do that crap at home. one single TD would have tied it and 2 would have won it going away.

i think we need new coaches all over the place, we also need some linemen.

i am not on the ditch TD and start over band wagon. we have had the same damn problems for too long now.

513571[/snapback]

What's your hard-on with JP? This is the second board I've seen you rip him on. Get a life.

What's funny is that these are the same people who were screaming we'd be blasted for 500 yards rushing 700 yards receiving and 654 points because our defense sucks so bad and the Panthers are the "best team in the NFC."  Now they complain about the "heartless," "gutless" performance of the D when, in fact they do lose, but in a game that was a lot closer than any of them would have hazarded to guess.

And again, the TD was on Posey.  He was assigned the TE, but got deked out by the fake end-around.  Wire was assigned outside (that's the direction he was headed), and came in when Posey missed the chuck.  Too late.  Wire's done a lot of things wrong, but this one's on Posey.  Actually, you can put it on Crowell for getting the face mask penalty that gave them the extra tries...

Fug this place.

513651[/snapback]

Well, then i maybe be wrong on the wire bash. at least its the fault of TBD's other favorite whipping boy, jeff posey. regardless, the fact remains, that the D failed to come through in the clutch, on a 3rd down play when the big money was on the table. That has been the M.O. in recent years of our D...

I like for the most part what I have seen from JP the last couple of games. He still isn't seeing things inside the 20 yet, and he may never but he looks a lot better then he did the first four games.

However, he seemed to get some of the bunny hops on occassion today, and made some real bad awareness errors. But overall he is getting passing grade from me. Even if it is a D minus. At least he is looking better and starting to look somewhat like an NFL QB.