its simple

JAMIEBUF12

Well, then i maybe be wrong on the wire bash. at least its the fault of TBD's other favorite whipping boy, jeff posey. regardless, the fact remains, that the D failed to come through in the clutch, on a 3rd down play when the big money was on the table. That has been the M.O. in recent years of our D...

513688[/snapback]

Which is it - did you like the way our defense played today or not? I can't tell from your two posts where in one you're defending the D while you're ripping the retards, or the other where you're saying the D failed us.

Which is it - did you like the way our defense played today or not?  I can't tell from your two posts where in one you're defending the D while you're ripping the retards, or the other where you're saying the D failed us.

513712[/snapback]

Ok, i see how my stance may be a bit confusing. The D played well for most of the game, which i was happy with. We didnt get run over by foster and davis like i thought we would. The problem is that the defense failed to come up in the clutch. I hate how they played so good for 52 minutes, and then let carolina drive down the field for the winning score.

Also, we always give up on 3rd downs. This team has had a problem getting off the field on 3rd down, and this isnt something new. So the D played good, but its frustrating that they didnt step up when it mattered most.

I thought the Bills played fairly well today on both sides of the ball. I'm disappointed in the loss but we did play one of thte better teams in the league today. The defense played fairly well today although it would have been nice if they stopped the Panthers again for a field goal. JP had a decent game and I'm pleased with his performance and can see how much more confident he is out there. Although, he's not getting the yardage, his percentage is much better than the first four games this year.

Once again penalties in the red zone hurt us, wish we could put more in the endzone obviously. It hurts that we lost a game that we had a chance to win, but in reality, we are not a playoff team even though we are close to New England in the division. We lost to the better team today, but I did see better play by the defense, better play by JP, and better playcalling. I'm not devastated by this loss like many of you are. Those that are most disappointed must actually think we are a playoff team.