Who's going to chew up Clements more?

One guy is going all out this year and the other has his little list in locker of guys he lit up. There was actually a time I was worried about Clements returning kicks in case he got injured, but it was the only time he actually had the ball in his hands. Almost thinking his whole thing is karma and the way the whole defense was woofing it up in the summer.

Lets keep bashing Nate Clements. While we are bitching nonstop lets bash Brian Moorman and Terrence Mcgee. Then we can B word about Lee Evans and Aaron Schobel. :blink: This team has alot of holes- lets not run the few players competent players we have out of town. What is up with all the Nate Clements bashing? :doh:

One guy is going all out this year and the other has his little list in locker of guys he lit up.  There was actually a time I was worried about Clements returning kicks in case he got injured, but it was the only time he actually had the ball in his hands.  Almost thinking his whole thing is karma and the way the whole defense was woofing it up in the summer.

512956[/snapback]

Nate had a very good game against Chad Johnson last year.

Lets keep bashing Nate Clements.  While we are bitching nonstop lets bash Brian Moorman and Terrence Mcgee.  Then we can B word about Lee Evans and Aaron Schobel.    :blink:  This team has alot of holes- lets not run the few players competent players we have out of town.  What is up with all the Nate Clements bashing?  :doh:

512958[/snapback]

Happens every year. As the season winds down and it becomes clear which players won't be back, the fans try to convince themselves that the player the team is going to lose really wasn't that good anyway. Nate Clements probably won't resign with the Bills, so that's reason enough for many fans to convince themselves that he sucks.

For my part, I think he's one of the best CBs in the league.

He is a top 10-20 cb in the league. End of story. Problem is, McGee is about 40-50 in the league, and he will be our #1 CB next year if we dont make a move.

Bottom line, I think Clements is franchised. We will draft a CB. If we can trade clements for a #1 or possibly a #2 we do it. Otherwise, we eat the cap and keep him for a year and develop our drafted CB (1st or 2nd pick). I highly doubt you will see him sign a long term contract.

I agree he is a ood corner, but he needs to step it up and BE that good corner he thinks he is. If he gets schooled by smith and johnson...he can kiss that big paycheck goodbye.

He is a top 10-20 cb in the league.  End of story.  Problem is, McGee is about 40-50 in the league, and he will be our #1 CB next year if we dont make a move.

512979[/snapback]

Nate top 10-20????? Name better CBs then Nate. The only one I would even consider in Nates league is Champ Bailey. I would put McGee in top 20 as well. No I am not being a homer- I view our CBs as a position of strength. Franchise Nate!

Happens every year.  As the season winds down and it becomes clear which players won't be back,  the fans try to convince themselves that the player the team is going to lose really wasn't that good anyway.  Nate Clements probably won't resign with the Bills,  so that's reason enough for many fans to convince themselves that he sucks. 

For my part,  I think he's one of the best CBs in the league.

512977[/snapback]

Hey, I'm not saying he sucks. He is a top ten corner in this league,

but he is not the best. I also can't stand these contract year guys

telling everyone how great they are and then going out there and

stinking the place up.

The "Play Maker" needs to shut up make some.

Also, isn't a lock-down corner supposed to take away the other teams

best receiver for the most part? Let's see what happens against Carolina

and Cinci.

Seriously, he always plays about 10-15 yards off the line.

This is really soft. Cost us some plays late in the New England

game also.

Buffalo is 7th in the league against the pass, and I am guessing as the

quality of opponents get better, this ranking is also going to drop.

as we all know, the only reason we are 7th vs. the pass is because it's so easy to run against us, many teams don't bother to pass.

512997[/snapback]

That's a big part of it. But its not really the fault of the DBs. The problem is the fact that the Bills don't have a pass rush and must blitz to pressure the QB. If they pick up the blitz, there's usually going to be someone open.

Nate top 10-20?????  Name better CBs then Nate.  The only one I would even consider in Nates league is Champ Bailey.  I would put McGee in top 20 as well.  No I am not being a homer- I view our CBs as a position of strength.  Franchise Nate!

512983[/snapback]

I wouldn't put McGee in the top 20. But somehwere between 20-30. Mcgee gets burned too much for my liking especially on intermediate routes. Granted it's hard to judge corners on the team this year, but I just don't think he's very good at the intermediate stuff. However he does make plays. Great Kick returner, but by no means a top cornerback, but good enough for a #2.

They don't get better then Nate Clements, despite the rampant Clements bashing that seems to be going on, There is maybe 1-2 other guys on his level. Bailey get's beat deep rather consistently, but no one will realize this cause of the broncos record, but he doesn't have clements man to man cover ability. Bailey is the prototypical zone corner. The only corners I'd take over Clements are Ty Law, and Shawn Springs. I'd still have to go with Nate due to Law's age and Springs inability to stay healthy.

The guy didn't line up against all-world WRs the last few weeks either. Quick, name one of the Chargers WRs? Maybe franchise tag + hometown discount + attitude adjustent will keep him here. I hope they don't go the same route like when they let Pat Williams go and think his replacement is already on the team. Or better yet, go after someone that is a notch below and almost pay the same with more upfront. :blink:

No, we will just blast Clements because he is all hype (his own) and no substance. He hasn't been very good this year but wants #1 in the NFL CB money so instead of going out and showing it on the field, he just talks about it instead of playing well and is just hoping some idiot will not notice how bad he is and pay him anyways. He doesn't return punts anymore because all he did was fair catch so he wouldn't get hurt in a contract year. Notice the Bills signed McGee to an extension and not Clements. He is gone. Good-bye. Let some other sucker pay him big money for all the hype that is Nate "Playmaker" Clements.

Lets keep bashing Nate Clements.  While we are bitching nonstop lets bash Brian Moorman and Terrence Mcgee.  Then we can B word about Lee Evans and Aaron Schobel.    :blink:  This team has alot of holes- lets not run the few players competent players we have out of town.  What is up with all the Nate Clements bashing?  :doh:

512958[/snapback]

A-Freaking-Men Bro... :lol:

Nate top 10-20?????  Name better CBs then Nate.  The only one I would even consider in Nates league is Champ Bailey.  I would put McGee in top 20 as well.  No I am not being a homer- I view our CBs as a position of strength.  Franchise Nate!

512983[/snapback]

If you ranked the Bills problems...Well 1st you would need a lot of paper and a back stock of ink...but I digress...Nate would Rank near or at the Bottom of the list...No doubt about it... :blink:

This Nate Clements bashing is hilarious, the guy has ONE horrible game in basically his entire career for Buffalo and now he sucks. If ripping on Nate until the seasons over makes not retaining him easier for people to deal with then so be it, but he is still probably the best player on this team right now.

According to this link Footbal Outsiders Buffalo is #4 in the league in shutting down a teams #1 WR. In the meantime Nate has done that while pretty much playing on an island all year. He's routinely shut down #1 WR's for several years, including completely dominating Chad Johnson last season. During his time with Buffalo many top WR's have called him one of the most difficult corners to face in the league, including one of the guys that this thread says will tear him up (Johnson).

If Nate truly sucks I challenge you to name a better Bills corner in the last 15 years, and that’s saying something considering the Corners we've had. Winfield and Odoms are probably the leading contenders, and Nate probably sees a contract twice the size of Winfield’s while Odom’s disappeared after he left Buffalo. Nate is one of the best corners in the history of this franchise and this thread really goes to show how extereme people can act based on one game.

I actually think that it's JUST as likely that he shuts down both guys! I also agree that the secondary is one of the strengths of this team and it is foolhardy to tear down a position that has good talent available! If this team is to turn it around, either this year or next, the secondary needs to be intact, IMO :blink:

as we all know, the only reason we are 7th vs. the pass is because it's so easy to run against us, many teams don't bother to pass.

512997[/snapback]

Same reason our defense was ranked so high in recent years. Nobody ever needed those late 80 yard drives to come from behind. After the first half, a conservative 30 yards and a punt each drive was all they needed to run out the clock.

This Nate Clements bashing is hilarious, the guy has ONE horrible game in basically his entire career for Buffalo and now he sucks.  If ripping on Nate until the seasons over makes not retaining him easier for people to deal with then so be it, but he is still probably the best player on this team right now. 

513052[/snapback]

Man, I like Clements a lot, when he is on his game. But, seriously, he has had at least two horrendous games this year, against the Raiders and the Chargers. I also thought he was sub-par against the Saints. These were all road games, so this might be indicitve of another, bigger problem, not Clements specifically. His intensity seems to waiver at times, but he is still the best DB we have, and likely the best player on the defense...