Lions on Thanksgiving

Rico

Usually I like tradition... but not here. This has gone on way too long, they need to show some other team on Thanksgiving. :blink:

511963[/snapback]

Agreed. Why do they(fag Cowboys included) have to sole rights to Thanksgiving games and the exposure it gives? But really it could be worse. I cant imagine the embarassment if it were the Bills playing on Thanksgiving with the entire country watching. ugh

Agreed. Why do they(fag Cowboys included) have to sole rights to Thanksgiving games and the exposure it gives? But really it could be worse. I cant imagine the embarassment if it were the Bills playing on Thanksgiving with the entire country watching. ugh

511967[/snapback]

There was a 50% chance that the 2003 game at the Cowboys would've been on Thanksgiving, can you imagine the total humiliation if that would've happened? :blink:

I have never had a problem with this tradition. Leave it the way it is.

Next year the Bills have a 50% chance of playing on Thanksgiving.

The Lions are on FOX this year, so next year they will have to be on CBS. So they must play an AFC team. The Lions get both the Bills & Dolphins at home next year, let's see what happens.

I have never had a problem with this tradition. Leave it the way it is.

Next year the Bills have a 50% chance of playing on Thanksgiving.

The Lions are on FOX this year, so next year they will have to be on CBS. So they must play an AFC team. The Lions get both the Bills & Dolphins at home next year, let's see what happens.

511976[/snapback]

Take a wild guess who will get the game!

The reason The Cowpoops and Lions have the TG game is that the Lions have played on TG since dirt was born, and Dallas agreed to do it in the 60's. Apparently most teams did not want to play on TG back then.

PTR

511967[/snapback]

Some intelligent member posted a link that explains the Thanksgiving games about 2 years ago.

Briefly: it was because only Dallas and Detroit chose to have these games when asked by the commissioner, Pete Rozelle. It was a marketing ploy that has paid handsomely these past two decades for those two teams. Every other team decided it was a bad idea at the time.

Some intelligent member posted a link that explains the Thanksgiving games about 2 years ago. 

Briefly:  it was because only Dallas and Detroit chose to have these games when asked by the commissioner, Pete Rozelle.  It was a marketing ploy that has paid handsomely these past two decades for those two teams.  Every other team decided it was a bad idea at the time.

512224[/snapback]

But now that it has been determined to be "good"... When does the "patent" or statue of limitations run out on these two teams.

Or will the NFL reward them forever? They might rival the "mafia" for their loyality (only satire people!).

:blink::(

511967[/snapback]

No Cowboys fan, but their Thanksgiving games are normally fairly entertaining (forgetting that Cowboys/Bears game last year)....the Lions on the other hand....god, I don't think there has been a duller team to watch, year in year out than the Lions. Take away the Barry Sanders teams (and even they were pretty lame) and the year Fergy started for the Lions (and the odd Bills appearence) the Lions game is always low priority for me...the team just bores the crap out of me...don't know why that is....maybe if the Cardnals were on tv more often, I could appreciate the Lions more...

I like tradition too (I am not happy that MNF football is going to ESPN next year!), but this is one that I could stand seeing changed...of course, more likely, I could see the NFL adding a prime-time game on Thanksgiving, so we get 3 games.