Ask him yourself...TD

IBTG81

I was a TD supporter, until I read this...

Kyle Shrader (Orlando, FL): When can we admit, as an organization, that both lines have been insufficiently addressed in regard to personnel, and that the personnel we do have does not fit with our "schemes?"

Tom Donahoe: As a personnel staff, we do not feel that our lines have been insufficiently addressed. We have addressed the offensive and defensive lines both in free agency and the draft. Our biggest concern with the play of our lines has been inconsistency. At times this year, the line play has been very good and at other times it has been lacking. We have to continue to find a way to play more consistently on both sides of the ball.

This is total BS. If he honestly believes this, TD needs to get the boot, and get the boot quickly...

You expect him to say that not enough was done and that the buffoons they have on the OL and DL couldn't block there way out of a paper bag? You expect way too much.

He will never say that during the season. He may never say it even if he thinks it. What good would it do? Nothing. No GM or coach in their right mind would ever rip their players to that extent in public. That would be suicide for the GM or coach and the end for the team itself.

What is important is what TD believe behind closed doors. If he believes the lines are poor, they are half way to fixing them. If not, well...we'll see more of the same.

Kyle Shrader (Orlando, FL): When can we admit, as an organization, that both lines have been insufficiently addressed in regard to personnel, and that the personnel we do have does not fit with our "schemes?"

Tom Donahoe: As a personnel staff, we do not feel that our lines have been insufficiently addressed. We have addressed the offensive and defensive lines both in free agency and the draft. Our biggest concern with the play of our lines has been inconsistency. At times this year, the line play has been very good and at other times it has been lacking. We have to continue to find a way to play more consistently on both sides of the ball.

This is total BS. If he honestly believes this, TD needs to get the boot, and get the boot quickly...

509717[/snapback]

You expect him to say that not enough was done and that the buffoons they have on the OL and DL couldn't block there way out of a paper bag?  You expect way too much.

509726[/snapback]

You're damn right i expect him to say that. Why not? Parcells does it. Bellichek cuts people. JJ used to call people out all of the time. Tom Coughlin does it. Carmen Policy used to do the same. You catching the drift?

Put it this way. If you were performing horrendously at your job, shouldn't your boss say or DO something?

You expect him to say that not enough was done and that the buffoons they have on the OL and DL couldn't block there way out of a paper bag?  You expect way too much.

He will never say that during the season.  He may never say it even if he thinks it.  What good would it do?  Nothing.  No GM or coach in their right mind would ever rip their players to that extent in public.  That would be suicide for the GM or coach and the end for the team itself. 

What is important is what TD believe behind closed doors.  If he believes the lines are poor, they are half way to fixing them.  If not, well...we'll see more of the same.

509726[/snapback]

Actions will speak louder than his words. If he truly believes this BS then BA and TT and MW will still be here next year. My guess is that all three are gone.

I think they should use their high 1st round pick on a true LT in a LT rich draft, sign Hutchinson (or someone of his ilk) for LG and quit screwing around at that position, insert Preston at C, Villarial stays at RG, and I say let Gandy and Peters battle it out at RT because you're gonna need a bargain along the line to deal with the MW cap fallout.

You're damn right i expect him to say that. Why not? Parcells does it. Bellichek cuts people. JJ used to call people out all of the time. Tom Coughlin does it. Carmen Policy used to do the same. You catching the drift?

Put it this way. If you were performing horrendously at your job, shouldn't your boss say or DO something?

509732[/snapback]

I don't expect the GM to call out players, i expect the coach to.

509732[/snapback]

What has Coughlin ever won? What is Parcells's playoff record since the start of Free Agency? Other than 2yrs in Dallas what was JJ's record? Name a starter that Belichek has cut during the season? Carmen Policy, see Parcells.

You never throw a player under the bus during the season.

What has Coughlin ever won? What is Parcells's playoff record since the start of Free Agency? Other than 2yrs in Dallas what was JJ's record? Name a starter that Belichek has cut during the season? Carmen Policy, see Parcells.

You never throw a player under the bus during the season.

509790[/snapback]

Belly just cut a safety (I can't remember his name) who was starting for them.

Are you saying that Parcells isn't a good coach?

I'm saying in today's NFL, you cannot throw players under the bus and be successfull.

509809[/snapback]

He called out Terry Glenn and called him a woman. Listen to a pc after the Cowboys lose. Parcells doesn't hesitate to call players out.

He called out Terry Glenn and called him a woman. Listen to a pc after the Cowboys lose.  Parcells doesn't hesitate to call players out.

509812[/snapback]

Did parcells do these kind of things at the beginning of his career as a coach, (too young to remember)

Did parcells do these kind of things at the beginning of his career as a coach, (too young to remember)

509816[/snapback]

Parcells called Glenn a woman I believe in Glenn's rookie year. Parcell's was coaching NE at the time.

Parcell's also cut Cortez after Cortez botched a fg against the Seahawks.

Parcells called Glenn a woman I believe in Glenn's rookie year. Parcell's was coaching NE at the time.

Parcell's also cut Cortez after Cortez botched a fg against the Seahawks.

509818[/snapback]

i'm talking about when Parcells just started head coaching. Was he as vocal to his players or is it just as he gained experience, he earned the right to call out players. Remember Mularkey does not have as much authority to call out players as Parcells would, because he can back it up.

i'm talking about when Parcells just started head coaching.  Was he as vocal to his players or is it just as he gained experience, he earned the right to call out players.  Remember Mularkey does not have as much authority to call out players as Parcells would, because he can back it up.

509819[/snapback]

Yeah, pretty much from the very beginning. If you listen to ex-players such as LT and Simms, they said it made them respect him more for having the balls to call them out.

Yeah, pretty much from the very beginning. If you listen to ex-players such as LT and Simms, they said it made them respect him more for having the balls to call them out.

509821[/snapback]

well the only player MM has called out is WM and it had an impact. When i read MM's Q&A session, it seemed as if he was holding back the truth of how he felt, chances are he doesnt have as much power as he would like in Buffalo.

Quick, somebody call Bill Polian and tell him the reason why the Bills didn't win any Super Bowls and why the Colts fail to get there is that he doesn't call out players and tell them they stink. If he changes now, there's still a chance the Colts will make it...And of course the Bills downfall began when Butler started calling players "fine young men." Hopefully AJ Smith has learned from this mistake and will start calling out players this week. :devil:

What bothers me most about our line situation (the O-line specifically) is that the brain trust at One Bills drive doesn't seem to have a clue as to what to do with the players we DO have. By all accounts McNally is one of the best line coaches in the business ..... but we are shuffling players in and out of position. What the heck would we have done if we were suffering injuries along the line to the scope of New England??? Sure we are a little "dinged up" (Williams and Villy) ...... but give me a break ........ we have an undrafted TE playing RT for us ..... we try to put our RT, who is supposidly too dinged up to play RT, into the LG spot because our LG has attained such a high level of suckatude.

What this situation is telling me is that our starters aren't really that good ..... and we have absolutly no depth ...... we may as well cut our backups right now and save Ralph a few bucks because we sure are not going to use them.

We have teams throughout the league loosing linemen .... plugging in backups .... and hardly missing a beat ........ have any other team had to resort to starting an undrafted TE?????

We're so bad talent wise we can't even field a consistant starting lineup on the line even without any players suffering an injury bad enough to take him out of the game.

NFL Films has Bill Parcells calling out a player on the sidelines back in the NY Giants days! Basically told him if he did "that" again, he'd be on the next bus outta town! I know this will be hard to do, but if the Bills had an a$$ kicking line, like the one residing in Kansas City, how much better would Losman, McGahee, and Evans be at this stage of the season? My answer would be TONS better!

If I were performing poorly at my job, yes the boss should say or do something. However, that doesn't include calling a press conf and announcing to the world that my job performance has sucked for the last 11 weeks. Just imagine if everytime you made a mistake the replay was shown on every sports show for the next 48 hours. If you believe that is proper to motivate people, you'll be lookign for good people your entire life.

It almost never pays to call a player out, release a coach or make negative comments during the season. A private conversation with the player by other players is by far the best way to improve the conduct of another player.

Your examples read like a history book, except for Bellichick and I don't remember him ever doing it during the season.

That said I agree that something has to be done, but just disagree with your means to the ends.

509732[/snapback]

509717[/snapback]

That's mind boggling. When have our lines played well during the season? Maybe a series here and there but what about one game?

He will never say that during the season.  He may never say it even if he thinks it.  What good would it do?  Nothing.  No GM or coach in their right mind would ever rip their players to that extent in public.  That would be suicide for the GM or coach and the end for the team itself. 

Just last night on Coachspeak, Parcells called his young running back "Dumb". " He made some dumb plays. We worked on it with him after practice and he still messed up. We'll have to fix that." That was pretty much what he said. Now why can't a coach call a player out for being dumb or screwing up? Parcells does it all the time.

I think alot of our players need to be called out and openly challenged to respond. Right now they're playing lackluster, piss poor football. And it's the coaches job gto change that.

I'm saying in today's NFL, you cannot throw players under the bus and be successfull.

509809[/snapback]

Yes you can...they make millions and if they dont play well you have to call them out instead of just letting them enjoy the good life and perform up to expectations.

i'm talking about when Parcells just started head coaching.  Was he as vocal to his players or is it just as he gained experience, he earned the right to call out players.  Remember Mularkey does not have as much authority to call out players as Parcells would, because he can back it up.

509819[/snapback]

Mularkey IS the head coach...at least in title...so he definitely has the authority, but he was hired by TD who probably doesn't want to get run out of town by a coach with any type of demanding personality...MM would be stepping on TDs toes if he called out a player that TD picked up

As a personnel staff, we do not feel that our lines have been insufficiently addressed.
Translation: Two negatives almost sounds like a positive, doesn't it? :doh:

We have addressed the offensive and defensive lines both in free agency and the draft.
Translation: We made some very bad selections in both free agency and the draft, but we knew we had to do SOMETHING.

Our biggest concern with the play of our lines has been inconsistency. At times this year, the line play has been very good and at other times it has been lacking.
Translation: We only suck sometimes, not all the time.

We have to continue to find a way to play more consistently on both sides of the ball.
Translation: We only only suck sometimes, not all the time, on offense AND defense.

TD should run for mayor of Buffalo. :w00t: