How hard would it be to move Big Mike to DT?

PIZ

He's definitely big enough. How hard is it to take up space and blockers? If you can experiment with Bannan at guard, why not Mike at DT? Wasn't Sam Adams a former offensive player? And everyone knows how many positions Peters has played.

According to the Buffalo News, Williams is going to still stay in, rotating at left guard with Bennie Anderson...seriously, WTF is this coaching staff thinking? It was a cute idea, that could have lost a game for them this past Sunday. It really is not going to matter who is playing QB, if they can't even decide on a starting lineup, 10 weeks into the season! Why can't they just say, "okay, this is not such a great idea..."?

He's definitely big enough.  How hard is it to take up space and blockers?  If you can experiment with Bannan at guard, why not Mike at DT?  Wasn't Sam Adams a former offensive player?  And everyone knows how many positions Peters has played.

503697[/snapback]

Maybe MW can take the position Fletcher vacated: leading the wedge on kickoff returns....

He's definitely big enough.  How hard is it to take up space and blockers?  If you can experiment with Bannan at guard, why not Mike at DT?  Wasn't Sam Adams a former offensive player?  And everyone knows how many positions Peters has played.

503697[/snapback]

Easy. Anybody own a cherry picker?

With Troy Vincent hurt ................. I'd like to be the first to propose plugging Mike Williams in at Safety for a "look see" ...... ya never know ....... could work  :rolleyes:

503724[/snapback]

Heck, Mularkey hasn't made a decision on qb yet, why not there. He's big, hed be hadr to take down on a sack.

PIZ

Man, I know you know football cause I've read many of your posts.

Moving an average RT to LG is hard enough. Moving a life long RT, to DT would probably fall into the "Leif Larson" category of lets take a chance. Looks good on paper, sounds good if you use alot of adjectives to describe the positives, but in the end it's "Coy Wire" one more time (Although Coy is a great ST player, he is still below average as a S).

503697[/snapback]

I'm for the idea. Why not try it? I remember a few years back, James Williams of the Chicago Bears came out as a DL in college. He was a little smaller than Mike Willams but he switched over to right tackle and became a good player.