All Eyes on Bledsoe ?

Frez

No kidding.....the guy is solid for three quarters, but God forbid you have to rely on him to finish out a game......ridiculous.

503360[/snapback]

Madden was right. The turning point of the game was the Eagles settling for a field goal, with about 9 minutes left. They looked a little overly confident on that entire drive...and they paid for it...Madden said something to the effect of "when you dominate, but keep settling for field goals and punts, it will usually come back to haunt you." Chiefs got a whiff of that yesterday!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Madden was right.  The turning point of the game was the Eagles settling for a field goal, with about 9 minutes left.  They looked a little overly confident on that entire drive...and they paid for it...Madden said something to the effect of "when you dominate, but keep settling for field goals and punts, it will usually come back to haunt you."  Chiefs got a whiff of that yesterday!

503368[/snapback]

Good point.....I totally agree. Thank God we were on the right side of that example, lol.

Funny one from the fantasy angle:

I'm trailing coming into tonight but have McNabb and Westbrook coming up and need a win with 3 of us (including my opponent) jockeying for the last playoff spot.

I'm slowly reeling him in all night and then finally, finally with just a few minutes left a Westbrook 4yrd dive gets me over the hump so I'm up one. Then Donovan McTurtle throws that in to a guy who was running the go and I get a big fat -2 that puts me back down by one.

But wait, all I need is a measly 6 more passing yards from McNabb to get me another bonus point to tie the game which I then win w/ bench points! Enter Mike McMahon :o

Oh yeah, and I started Rian Lindell because I didn't know if Akers was healthy enough to kick. And in our league any missed kick under 30yrds is a minus 1. So Lindell not only registered no points for me, but he actually ended up with a -2. :unsure:

Did I mention that Drew and Terry Glenn are both on my bench?-)

Yes, I lost by one. :lol:

To top it all off, the 3rd guy angling for that last spot came into the game trailing by only a few points and his night was over too, so that was some minor consolation. But it turns out he has the Cowpoke Defense/ST's so McNabb's throw not only sinks me, but it also gives him a 3pt win.

Fantasy football is some pretty funny stuff........ :lol:

Madden was right.  The turning point of the game was the Eagles settling for a field goal, with about 9 minutes left.  They looked a little overly confident on that entire drive...and they paid for it...Madden said something to the effect of "when you dominate, but keep settling for field goals and punts, it will usually come back to haunt you."  Chiefs got a whiff of that yesterday!

503368[/snapback]

I like Madden, but for every one of those examples there are hundreds of times where a FG that puts a team up by 13 holds up for a W. There is a big difference between needing a TD & FG and 2 TD's in the final minutes.

The turning point was the Glenn TD. After that, you could absolutely sense the nervousness in the crowd before the int - like they KNEW something Buffaloesque was about to happen - which is odd for a team that has dominated its division for so long.

Anyway, it's disappointing that I have to hold off on the "I told you Bledsoe sucks" comments to my Dallas friends (not that he won the game tonight) but that only delays the inevitable and I get to laugh at annoying Iggle fans at work tommorow.

Anyway, it's disappointing that I have to hold off on the "I told you Bledsoe sucks" comments to my Dallas friends (not that he won the game tonight) but that only delays the inevitable and I get to laugh at annoying Iggle fans at work tommorow.

503380[/snapback]

This ain't your WNY gradad's Bledsoe! Oh, like any QB (except for maybe P Manning) he will make some mistakes, but he hasn't "checked out" on the Cowboys, like he did (IMO) around week 10 of the 2003 season (ironically, against Dallas).

Bledsoe is just one of those guys that body language means a lot. I have seen most of all of his games this year (the Cowboys are on every weekend here) and he is just playing with a lot more confidence. Maybe it is the chip on his shoulder of being left for dead by the Bills, whatever it is he is playing with a that cliche swagger. And he has reason to. I hate to say it, but the Cowboys are just a more grounded team than what he played with in Buffalo. I am not saying they are more talanted (they may or may not be), but for what is a fairly young team, they play with discipline. That comes from their coach. They don't shoot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties week after week, and when something isn't working, they adjust well.

Even tonight, their O-line took it to the Eagles D-line in the 4th quarter, even though they were dominated most of the evening. The running game went nowhere. You just never saw that numb, brain dead look on Bledsoe's face like you did in Buffalo.

We all know how Bledsoe plays against a top notch defense in an opponent's stadium......Iggles 24 Pokes 10 (Bledsoe throws two picks and gets sacked anywhere from 5-15 times).

503097[/snapback]

:lol: Yikes! Nice work aj!!!

17/24 for 196 was a rough night against the NFC Champs, who he has now beaten twice this season.

That's OK, here is more evidence that he sucks!

1018 Yards Needed To Pass Fouts :unsure:

Anyway, it's disappointing that I have to hold off on the "I told you Bledsoe sucks" comments to my Dallas friends (not that he won the game tonight) but that only delays the inevitable

Gotta love stupid comments like these. :lol:

CW

This ain't your WNY gradad's Bledsoe!  Oh, like any QB (except for maybe P Manning) he will make some mistakes, but he hasn't "checked out" on the Cowboys, like he did (IMO) around week 10 of the 2003 season (ironically, against Dallas). 

Bledsoe is just one of those guys that body language means a lot.  I have seen most of all of his games this year (the Cowboys are on every weekend here) and he is just playing with a lot more confidence. Maybe it is the chip on his shoulder of being left for dead by the Bills, whatever it is he is playing with a that cliche swagger.  And he has reason to.  I hate to say it, but the Cowboys are just a more grounded team than what he played with in Buffalo.  I am not saying they are more talanted (they may or may not be), but for what is a fairly young team, they play with discipline. That comes from their coach.  They don't shoot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties week after week, and when something isn't working, they adjust well.

Even tonight, their O-line took it to the Eagles D-line in the 4th quarter, even though they were dominated most of the evening.  The running game went nowhere.  You just never saw that numb, brain dead look on Bledsoe's face like you did in Buffalo.

503384[/snapback]

You must be thinking of 2002. His crumbling in 2003 started in Week 3 and lasted the entire season.

I saw that brain dead look a lot last night - not sure what you were watching.

Big game on the road - hey - he played better than I thought, but that has to do more with my incredibly low expectations than it has to do with him actually playing well. I'll give him credit for not screwing up enough so that the game wasn't out of reach for his defense to win. But he scored 14 pts and helped the Eagles score 7 against a defense that has been struggling mightily.

Fez - I know you'd defend Bledsoe at all costs before your own mother, but we all know that by now - you don't have to cut out posts, take them out of context, and post lame 1-liners with zero point/content to prove it.

Fez - I know you'd defend Bledsoe at all costs before your own mother, but we all know that by now - you don't have to cut out posts, take them out of context, and post lame 1-liners with zero point/content to prove it.

503467[/snapback]

Please tell me how I took your comment out of context :lol:

503380[/snapback]

Being a Bills fan, do your friends laugh when you attempt to talk smack?

Serious Q - How does this work now ? Combined score more than 34, did you make any money ? Is it all or nothing ?

503511[/snapback]

Just a weekly pool where you pick vs the spread who you think will win. I was tied for best in the week, but the tiebreaker is "total points scored." I picked 34, the other guy picked 42. Since the combined score was 41, and 41 is closer to 42 than it is to 34, I lost the week. :unsure:

At the start of the season, every pays $17 ($1/week). If you win the week, you get $21.75 (based on the number of people we have in the league). At the end of the season, the top-3 players get a prize as well (don't remember how much offhand, roughly $60 for first, $40 for second, $25 for third.).

It's just a bunch of friends playing, so it's fun to "compete" against each other. :lol:

CW

Being a Bills fan, do your friends laugh when you attempt to talk smack?

503481[/snapback]

Occasionally - that's usually my cue to point out that Philly has the same number of SB wins as the Bills, they've been there 2 less times, and they've choked away homefield twice.

rib      P  Pronunciation Key  (r b)

n.

1. Slang. A teasing remark or action; a joke.

3. Informal. To tease or make fun of. See Synonyms at banter.

You & Campy must be a blast to work with.

I will now humbly go back to kissing the feet of any fan from any team that has a better record than the Bills in 2005, if that is ok with you sir.