Will LT break Jamel Lewis's Record next week

marck

Being a Bills's fan now living in San Diego who watches each Charger game, I feel that the Bills are in serious trouble next Sunday.

The Chargers have their backs to the wall and need to win every game to have any shot at the AFC West title. Also the way the Chargers can run block, having a bye and getting their lineman back and going against the worst run defense I have seen in years really does bring up the point that LT could run for more yards then Jamel Lewis did against Cleveland.

I know I'll get trashed for this, but start to really consider the possibilities.

Being a Bills's fan now living in San Diego who watches each Charger game, I feel that the Bills are in serious trouble next Sunday.

The Chargers have their backs to the wall and need to win every game to have any shot at the AFC West title.  Also the way the Chargers can run block, having a bye and getting their lineman back and going against the worst run defense I have seen in years really does bring up the point that LT could run for more yards then Jamel Lewis did against Cleveland.

I know I'll get trashed for this, but start to really consider the possibilities.

502470[/snapback]

All signs seem to point to a disaterous day for the Bills. Actually playing a decent team with a very good offence on the road(re any Bills games at Arrowhead) does not bode well. If Larry Johnson can run on them what will LT do?

But this is a game where the Bills can show what they can or cant do. Hey, if they manage to shut the Chargers and reasonably contain LT they would have taken a large step forward imho.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and just take it like a man.

Not too many expect the Bills to win this one.

1) The Chargers are a pretty good team right now and the Bills are not.

2) The Bills don't fare well on the Left coast.

3) LT has to break the record against someone and this Bills defense loves to give up rushing yards.

The only thing I expect is that it will be 75 and sunny.

Bills are +9 on the betting boards right now.

502508[/snapback]

By sunday it'll be +10.5 and I'll take it big time!! This game has the feel of a classic AFL Bills and Chargers oldtime battle! I remember a trip to SD back in 1980 or 1981 when the bills weren't expected to do much against fouts ,,,,,can't seem to recall who won but it was close....can anyone help me out here....I think thats the game when jeff nixon started the string of knee injuries that cut his season short.............I smell an UPSET coming just look at yesterdays games..With JP seemingly rejuvinated we can hopefully take the next step forward with a big win on the road, the chargers have been faultering in the 4th qt all season,,,the pressure is all on them!!...........GO JP!!!!!!!

The Chargers have their backs to the wall and need to win every game to have any shot at the AFC West title.  Also the way the Chargers can run block, having a bye and getting their lineman back and going against the worst run defense I have seen in years really does bring up the point that LT could run for more yards then Jamel Lewis did against Cleveland.

502470[/snapback]

Your DREAMING the bills d isn't nearly as bad as cleveland's was and shotnhiemer could care less about records he's trying to keep his job!!!

he can run all over the place like larry johnson for all I care about! How many times did LJ turn those rushing yards into points?

502470[/snapback]

By sunday it'll be +10.5 and I'll take it big time!! This game has the feel of a  classic AFL Bills and Chargers oldtime battle! I remember a trip to SD back in 1980 or 1981 when the bills weren't expected to do much against fouts ,,,,,can't seem to recall who won but it was close....can anyone help me out here....I think thats the game when jeff nixon started the string of knee injuries that cut his season short.............I smell an UPSET coming just look at yesterdays games..With JP seemingly rejuvinated we can hopefully take the next step forward with a big win on the road, the chargers have been faultering in the 4th qt all season,,,the pressure is all on them!!...........GO  JP!!!!!!!

502591[/snapback]

JP rejuvanated? We had 9 first downs yesterday?

I am all for JP being back in the lineup, but two things from SD scare me 1. LT 2. Bates. We can not stop the run or a good TE.

JP rejuvanated?  We had 9 first downs yesterday?

I am all for JP being back in the lineup, but two things from SD scare me 1. LT 2. Bates.  We can not stop the run or a good TE.

502717[/snapback]

Ghost of Antonio Gates ? :rolleyes:

By sunday it'll be +10.5 and I'll take it big time!! This game has the feel of a  classic AFL Bills and Chargers oldtime battle! I remember a trip to SD back in 1980 or 1981 when the bills weren't expected to do much against fouts ,,,,,can't seem to recall who won but it was close....can anyone help me out here....I think thats the game when jeff nixon started the string of knee injuries that cut his season short.............I smell an UPSET coming just look at yesterdays games..With JP seemingly rejuvinated we can hopefully take the next step forward with a big win on the road, the chargers have been faultering in the 4th qt all season,,,the pressure is all on them!!...........GO  JP!!!!!!!

502591[/snapback]

The difference now is that we had offensive weapons back then. Now our O is anemic at best. IF we had some firepower I would say we have a punchers chance against them. IF we had a better than average D I would say we could win. We have neither. I just hope JP has a good game to further his development. That is far more important than a win or loss in this game. Short term, we arent going anywhere. Long term we need JP to become a player.

The difference now is that we had offensive weapons back then.

502731[/snapback]

:blink:

It was '81. Our "offensive weapons" that you seem to be longing for included the likes of Joe Cribbs at RB and Jerry Butler, Ron Franklin, an old Frank Lewis, and Ron Jessie at WR.

Sorry, but I'll take Willis, Moulds, Evans, Parrish and Reed anytime.

:blink:

It was '81.  Our "offensive weapons" that you seem to be longing for included the likes of Joe Cribbs at RB and Jerry Butler, Ron Franklin, an old Frank Lewis, and Ron Jessie at WR.

Sorry, but I'll take Willis, Moulds, Evans, Parrish and Reed anytime.

502779[/snapback]

hmmm...really? Seriously is this a joke post and im not getting it? Frank Lewis was a exceptional possesion reciever and a perfect complement to Jerry Butler. Can you even remember Jerry Butler? Offensive rookie of the year and Pro Bowl guy.

And I guess Cribbs blew as well. From the Bills Alumni site:

"Cribbs was the key to Buffalo’s offense during his first four seasons. Leading the team in rushing each year, the three-time Pro Bowler was also the club’s top receiver in 1983."

He was also rookie of the year.

Has Magahee accomplished any of this yet? Moulds is pretty much a underachiever at this point and Lee Evans has done crap this year except for yesterday. And the Parrish and Reed bit actually made me smile. Nice try. Damn SD look out the Bills and thier 29th ranked offensive juggernaut is coming to town. Hide the kids.

hmmm...really? Seriously is this a joke post and im not getting it? Frank Lewis was a exceptional possesion reciever and a perfect complement to Jerry Butler. Can you even remember Jerry Butler? Offensive rookie of the year and Pro Bowl guy.

And I guess Cribbs blew as well. From the Bills Alumni site:

"Cribbs was the key to Buffalo’s offense during his first four seasons. Leading the team in rushing each year, the three-time Pro Bowler was also the club’s top receiver in 1983."

He was also  rookie of the year.

Has Magahee accomplished any of this yet? Moulds is pretty much a underachiever at this point and Lee Evans has done crap this year except for yesterday. And the Parrish and Reed bit actually made me smile. Nice try. Damn SD look out the Bills and thier 29th ranked offensive juggernaut is coming to town. Hide the kids.

502882[/snapback]

Uhh yeah, but there pass defense is ranked 30th. When brooks bollinger gets 2 td's on ya........

And I guess Cribbs blew as well. From the Bills Alumni site...<snip>

502882[/snapback]

I never said that they sucked, only that the current starting RB and WRs are better than the '81 team. Joe Cribbbs had a few good seasons, sure. But I guess you'd probably take Terry Miller over McGahee too, wouldn't you? :blink:

'81 was Lewis' best year in Bflo if memory serves. But let's make sure I undertsnad, you're saying that if you had your choice you'd take an aged Lewis and a one-hit wonder like Jerry Butler over Moulds and Evans? Nice.

Thank God you aren't calling the shots at OBD.

Damn SD look out the Bills and thier 29th ranked offensive juggernaut is coming to town. Hide the kids.

502882[/snapback]

Kinda' like the team in '81 that was 20th out of 28 teams in scoring despite having an 8-year starter at QB in Fergy?

I guess they really struck the fear of God into their opponents in your world, didn't they? :blink:

502470[/snapback]

You bring up an excellent point. However, next week we'll get big Sam back. That can only help. The question in my mind is, is Aaron Schobel going to continue the type of performance he had against the Chiefs? We were able to get away with Larry Johnson running for over 100 plus yards because our pass rush was solid, led by Schobel. If we can put the pressure on, we'll have a chance.

502470[/snapback]

I'm the last one to stick up for the poor talent we've got at DT, but there is one dynamic here that might work in our favor. As good as LT is, and IMO he's the most complete back in the game, his game is not the physical one that's been killing us Sundays like LJohnson or Carnell Williams- he's a guy who is more likely anyway to reach the second level because of his elusiveness. With LT it's a little more your LBs against him instead of your DTs, and in that we should fare a little better. Doesn't mean he won't carry the Charger's O, I just have some optimistic feelings about our ability to keep him from going off the charts.

I'm the last one to stick up for the poor talent we've got at DT, but there is one dynamic here that might work in our favor. As good as LT is, and IMO he's the most comlete back in the game, his game is not the physical one that's been killing us Sundays like LJohnson or Carnell Williams- he's a guy who is more likely anyway to reach the second level because of his elusiveness. With LT it's a little more your LBs against him instead of your DTs, and in that we should fare a little better. Doesn't mean he won't carry the Charger's O, I just have some optimistic feelings about our ability to keep him from going off the charts.

502966[/snapback]

Hey, take your optimism, albeit guarded optimism, elsewhere bub. We don't need that kind of crazy talk around here. :blink: