Randy Cross is a Moron

MrB1onde

Case in point- towards the end of the game today, he uttered this gem:

"Kansas City falls to 1-9 in Buffalo, AGAINST BUFFALO"

Um, Randy, what other team would KC be playing in Buffalo? UB?

Also he pushed hard for an intentional grounding call against Losman, then the ref explained Losman threw it over McGahee's head, and Cross carped, "Yeah, about 27 feet over his head."

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case in point- towards the end of the game today, he uttered this gem:

"Kansas City falls to 1-9 in Buffalo, AGAINST BUFFALO"

Um, Randy, what other team would KC be playing in Buffalo?  UB?

Also he pushed hard for an intentional grounding call against Losman, then the ref explained Losman threw it over McGahee's head, and Cross carped, "Yeah, about 27 feet over his head."

501750[/snapback]

I also like the way McGee has filled in since we let Antonio Winfield go.

My favorite "Cross rference" came on KC's second possession of the game. After a three and out on their first possession, no gain on their first play of their second drive, and an 8 yard run on the next play of the game (their 5th offensive play, and their first gain of the game) Crosss declared, emphatically, that the Cheifs offenses was simply "imposing it's will" on the Billls, and dictating the game to the Bills...

He may be the worst of all. He may be more knowledgable than some (I say may be), but I can't think of another color guy more irritating, who says dumb things just to over make some point. It is reminiscent of what Dierdorf used to do on MNF.

My favorite "Cross rference" came on KC's second possession of the game.  After a three and out on their first possession, no gain on their first play of their second drive, and an 8 yard run on the next play of the game (their 5th offensive play, and their first gain of the game) Crosss declared, emphatically, that the Cheifs offenses was simply "imposing it's will" on the Billls, and dictating the game to the Bills...

He may be the worst of all.  He may be more knowledgable than some (I say may be), but I can't think of another color guy more irritating, who says dumb things just to over make some point.  It is reminiscent of what Dierdorf used to do on MNF.

501774[/snapback]

My favorite was when he declared at the begining of the game that the Bills D was one of the "least blitzing" Ds in the league.

Before the game started, he mentioned that Bills/Mularkey are "really going to have to try to win this one."

Duh.

501783[/snapback]

How about those great keys to the game for KC: "Just win baby." Wow, what a great in depth analysis there. It really gave me great insight on KC's game plan.

"The NFL, like life, is full of idiots. "

--Randy Cross

"Tom Brady is the quarterback I'd like to have at the controls coming from behind at the end of the game...He's the winningest q.b. in the league"

(said last year when Patriots were playing Roethlesberger's Steelers, when BigBen was leading the league in wins)

--Randy Cross

"Jay Fiedler to Ricky Williams"... (Ricky was enjoying his year off at the time)

--Randy Cross

But the all-time favorite:

After a 56-yard catch by Bill receiver Kevin Williams near the end of the first half, Cross talked about how the Bills offense "believes in Flutie and how the Patriots defense fell asleep out there...You can almost see the Z's on the screen [during the replay]."

haha, i agree. I tried to turn on the radio broadcast to get away from that numbmutz, but with the delay it is impossible to watch. Cross did play for Vermeil at UCLA, which would explain why the go was so pro KC. But geez, he is an idiot. I like him explaining how difficult the switch the left guard for MW was. 'He's used to having his right hand down and now he has his right hand down and um, steps back with his other uh, foot."

watching the game with a friend who has direct-tv, and is a skins fan (ouch today).

cross says, just prior to the interception, with the Chief's at the 25 yard line..."Whatever happens, this drive is a success for the Chiefs...".

From the 10 to your own 25??? You know it's bad when the fan of another team says, did Cross just say what I think he said...That's an announcer working hard not to like your team.

and, ah the direct tv references the fact that Albany doens' show the bills now that the jets and pats are the mary kate and ashley of this part of ny state.

I'll take: "Things that Go Without Saying" for $400, Alex.

501934[/snapback]

Scary thing is, he's not even the biggest moron in a booth. My nightmare announcing team: Norman Theisman, Dan "It's not over...'til it's over" Dierdorf, and Beastly Reese (yeah, I know it's "Beasley". But he'll always be "beastly" to me. <_<) With Eric Dickerson doing sideline reporting.

Not to be outdown, Kevin Harlan also knows zilch about football, but he DOES know the former team of EVERY player on both teams. The guy next to me at the bar heard it and told me as the game started, so obvious. One quick example that I remember - "Jeff Posey who has worked his way around the league, most recently with Houston, coming up with a big fumble recovery". What the hell does he playing with Houston 3 years ago have anything to do with the fumble recovery?? And don't worry, if they're a rookie, he still does his research: "Eric King breaks up that pass, drafted out of Wake Forest where he started all 4 years" wow, what a feat, starting 4 years at a mid-level acc football program.

Seriously, next time Harlan is the PBP guy, listen for these references, I never noticed but it was painfully obvious.

Scary thing is, he's not even the biggest moron in a booth.  My nightmare announcing team: Norman Theisman, Dan "It's not over...'til it's over" Dierdorf, and Beastly Reese (yeah, I know it's "Beasley".  But he'll always be "beastly" to me.  :doh:)  With Eric Dickerson doing sideline reporting.

502077[/snapback]

<_<

Scary thing is, he's not even the biggest moron in a booth.  My nightmare announcing team: Norman Theisman, Dan "It's not over...'til it's over" Dierdorf, and Beastly Reese (yeah, I know it's "Beasley".  But he'll always be "beastly" to me.  <_<)  With Eric Dickerson doing sideline reporting.

502077[/snapback]

It's really sad that Dickerson is even worse at sideline reporting than Lisa Guerrero.