The best thing about this TO debacle....

The Poojer

is how nearly all the talking heads, former athletes(ie, tim brown) and present athletes are slamming Rosenhaus and putting almost equal blame on him.  Hopefully his 15 minutes is going to come to a crashing halt very soon!

499547[/snapback]

Yeah...I agree. That "press conference" the other totally exposed Rosenhaus as the complete moron that he is. He was totally embarassed and mocked by the media, and it was truly a beautiful thing.

Hopefully this will cause a backlash against him from his other clients.

is how nearly all the talking heads, former athletes(ie, tim brown) and present athletes are slamming Rosenhaus and putting almost equal blame on him.  Hopefully his 15 minutes is going to come to a crashing halt very soon!

499547[/snapback]

His "15 mins"????? Hell, he's been doing this kind of stuff for years! And if TO does get a huge contract next year, then this is just the "press" Rosenhaus wants. Young kids from college will surely know his name and the big bucks he brings in!

His "15 mins"????? Hell, he's been doing this kind of stuff for years! And if TO does get a huge contract  next year, then this is just the "press"  Rosenhaus wants. Young kids from college will surely know his name and the big bucks he brings in!

499632[/snapback]

But he may be making himself into too much of a detriment. If he is perceived as repeatedly putting his clients in bad positions purely for financial gains, new and existing clients may start looking elsewhere.

I'll tell you what...Willis may be thinking twice about his inevitable renegotiation tactics.

I'll tell you what...Willis may be thinking twice about his inevitable renegotiation tactics.

499674[/snapback]

Willis doesn't strike me as being in any danger of being nominated for any noble prizes in chemistry and physics. Could be trouble...

Reporter: "Drew, in the last five months, what have you done for Terrell other than get him kicked off the team?"

Rosenhaus (with Owens standing behind him, trying - but failing - to not crack a smile): "Next question."

Freakin' priceless.

There was another run where DR answered six or seven questions in a row with "Next question." Funny stuff. I'll see if I can find a transcript....

Update - haven't found the text yet, but here's a video from the NFL Network:

Video

The "Next question" string starts at about 11:00 into the video; the "get him kicked off the team" question is at 15:35.

Reporter: "Drew, in the last five months, what have you done for Terrell other than get him kicked off the team?"

Rosenhaus (with Owens standing behind him, trying - but failing - to not crack a smile): "Next question."

Freakin' priceless.

There was another run where DR answered six or seven questions in a row with "Next question." Funny stuff. I'll see if I can find a transcript....

Video

The "Next question" string starts at about 11:00 into the video; the "get him kicked off the team" question is at 15:35.

499812[/snapback]

Excellent, thanks Lori!

499812[/snapback]

In the midst of that smile it almost looks like TO gives a little nod and a wink to the guy that asked the question (around 15:48).

499812[/snapback]

That one question, with TO trying like hell not to crack up, made that whole lame ass interview worth watching.

I thought this from Boomer Esiason 's NFL.com article was pretty ballsy.

Rosenhaus is the ultimate piranha in the fish tank known as sports agents. He catapults himself to the forefront by cannibalizing existing agents -- over-inflating the egos of potential clients with falsehoods and misguided advice when these clients are unhappy with their current contract situations. It has become Rosenhaus' M.O. to whisper into the ear of any disgruntled athlete who will listen to him and mesmerize the athlete to believe he can get an unbelievably advantageous contract if the athlete puts trust in him.

Rosenhaus and T.O. have finally realized this fiasco has cost Owens and his former agent, David Joseph, millions of dollars, yet it cost Rosenhaus nothing since he didn't negotiate the original contract. That's probably why Rosenhaus had been demanding a new contract for Owens -- so he could get a piece of the pie.

Talk about exploitation. This could be considered the worst case in NFL history of a player being misrepresented by his agent.

at about 12 minutes into that interview rosenhaus tries to turn it into a little promotion about himself. the guy is narcissistic poison with a purple tie. and probably a multimillionaire too. how many times did he say "next question" rather than even attempt a lame answer....it is relatively harder to criticize mike williams for being lazy & greedy when rosenhaus makes so much money by being nothing but an absolute scum.

Freakin' priceless.

Video

499812[/snapback]

ROFL! Thanks for the link. I was dying to see his reaction to that question again. ;)

TO was winking and trying soo hard not to burst out laughing. That was hilarious! I wouldn't be surprised if Rosenass is not his agent for the offseason. :lol:

at about 12 minutes into that interview rosenhaus tries to turn it into a little promotion about himself.  the guy is narcissistic poison with a purple tie.  and probably a multimillionaire too.  how many times did he say "next question" rather than even attempt a lame answer....it is relatively harder to criticize mike williams for being lazy & greedy when rosenhaus makes so much money by being nothing but an absolute scum.

500207[/snapback]

He is just doing his job.....

Your comparisons don't make sense...It is like saying a home builder should

not make the big money and it should be the carpenter because he is the

one who is doing the actual framing.....Company CEOs should not be the

highest paid, it should be the s/w programer who actually writes the software...

He is doing what he is supposed to do....be the agent.....I don't think he has

done anything wrong....May be you are jealous of his riches.

Also calling him narcissistic poison seems stupid...Just last summer the same

guy saved a kid from drowing in a pool in florida....

I am not defending this guy....He has done things to provoke something inside

his players...Some players have listened to him and ignored his advice...Others

have adhered to it and paid the penalty.....But for TO, I think it is neither....

TO plays the game all by himself.....

Lots of Agents hold their players from coming to camp....This guy gets the

players to camp and then fights a battle....

That's right, saving that kid in Florida wiped the slate clean. Rosenhaus gets good money for his clients, but the way he conducts himself leaves much to be desired.

He is just doing his job.....

Your comparisons don't make sense...It is like saying a home builder should

not make the big money and it should be the carpenter because he is the

one who is doing the actual framing.....Company CEOs should not be the

highest paid, it should be the s/w programer who actually writes the software...

He is doing what he is supposed to do....be the agent.....I don't think he has

done anything wrong....May be you are jealous of his riches.

I am not defending this guy....He has done things to provoke something inside

his players...Some players have listened to him and ignored his advice...Others

have adhered to it and paid the penalty.....But for TO, I think it is neither....

TO plays the game all by himself.....

Lots of Agents hold their players from coming to camp....This guy gets the

players to camp and then fights a battle....

500594[/snapback]

Why can't a narcissist know CPR? In the end the incident gained him some adulation and fed his ego.

You are right, he was just being an agent for TO and doing his job. Agents are slimebags in general. He just epitomizes the profession.