LOST 2.06 Discussion Thread

UConn James

1. Charlie is the most absurd character on the show. 

2. Sayid "loving" Shannon is also a joke.  Other than her blond locks and tight booty, there is nothing there for a guy like Sayid to "love" and he seems many years removed from "horny teenager, says anything for booty" age.

3. No way a guy like Michael listens to A-L.  At least he finally spoke up, but those scenes with her are so impractical that it ruins the story.

4.  I haven't seen the question asked "what makes the whispers?" that brought the two parties together.

5.  The dog ran towards the other group (I think) - surely Michael would have seen Walt's dog before Shannon was shot?

499207[/snapback]

Good post, SDS. This show is tanking hard. Much of these episodes are total filler and teases for the next week's "big" show. I'll continue to watch because I invested ( :w00t: ) the time to do so already, and there's nothing else on at 9:00 on Weds. As my wife so eloquently put it last night..."This show blows, now."

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Charlie is the most absurd character on the show. 

2. Sayid "loving" Shannon is also a joke.  Other than her blond locks and tight booty, there is nothing there for a guy like Sayid to "love" and he seems many years removed from "horny teenager, says anything for booty" age.

3. No way a guy like Michael listens to A-L.  At least he finally spoke up, but those scenes with her are so impractical that it ruins the story.

4.  I haven't seen the question asked "what makes the whispers?" that brought the two parties together.

5.  The dog ran towards the other group (I think) - surely Michael would have seen Walt's dog before Shannon was shot?

499207[/snapback]

All good points Scott. I would add...

1. Charlie being so possessive of both Claire and the baby is marginally acceptable as he has shown to have an addictive personality. At the same time, I think his jealousy, which has come on suddenly, was a bit overdone.

2. I agree completely. He still has the love of his life back here in the US. However, I would only add that his declaration of love for Shannon is probably a strong indication of his believing that they will never get off the island.

3. Given their volatile personalities, I would have thought anyone of the three guys would have told her to shut the f up. I too am surprise at how willing they have been to take her crap.

4. Whispers have been heard many times throughout Season 1, but this is the first time they have been directly associated with the Others.

5. Even if they saw the dog, I still think the B word would have shot Shannon. Ironic that she admonished Sawyer, et al ealier in the show ("One bullet will do nothing against them," or something like that), yet she was pretty damn quick to pull that trigger herself.

I'm leaning towards the possibility that Shannon lives, and that other chick is gone for good. We shall see.

Good post, SDS.  This show is tanking hard.  Much of these episodes are total filler and teases for the next week's "big" show.  I'll continue to watch because I invested ( :w00t: ) the time to do so already, and there's nothing else on at 9:00 on Weds.  As my wife so eloquently put it last night..."This show blows, now."

499209[/snapback]

Hmmm...perhaps a bit harsh on the criticism, but I agree that the shows aren't as begining to end gripping as they were last season.

499207[/snapback]

The whispers question is something that goes back to last season. We really don't know where they come from. Voices of other apparitions like Walt?

I thought Vincent ran off (well, the leash was dropped) shortly after Shannon gave him the shirt to smell. She stopped at Boone's grave. Vincent was gone.

-----

There was just a "Lost Scene"/unaired segment on GMA. At Shannon's father's wake. Her and Boone's mother were cleaning up the pot luck stuff and there was beef stroganoff(?) that the mother was saying Ughh to.

Shannon: My dad loved beef stroganoff.

Mother: Well, he's not going to be eating it now.

(awkward pause as the mother realizes she let it slip that she's a miserable B word)

You know Shannon, I did love him.

Shannon: So do I.

Mother: I guess that's the one thing we have in common.

Shannon: Yeah.

Mother: So... when are you moving out?

:w00t:. So, I think we now see Shannon's manipulation in a much different light. The mother took/stole all of her father's money to start her own wedding business. She was pushing Shannon out of the house at her father's wake!

3. Given their volatile personalities, I would have thought anyone of the three guys would have told her to shut the f up.  I too am surprise at how willing they have been to take her crap.

4. Whispers have been heard many times throughout Season 1, but this is the first time they have been directly associated with the Others.

499217[/snapback]

I'd say that Sawyer would've B word-slapped her early on if he didn't have the whole bullet wound thing. Also, that she had the gun. She's not exactly an Island Favorite at this point, and usually in any story, a person who makes a mistake as big as that is dealt with. I would guess that A-L gets hers before too long.

I wouldn't necessarily say that the whispers eminate from the Others. Way too speculative to say that.

I agree with SDS RE Shannon. She's attractive to look at, yet I've been holding out hope for her death for a while.

This was alluded to above, I think, but here's a big connection. Jack's wife killed the other driver, right? And we all remember that Jack had to choose between saving the woman who became his wife, and the other guy. That other guy had to be Shannon's dad, no? I mean, Shannon and Jack were in the hospital at the same time. Shannon's dad was killed in a car crash. QED.

I agree with SDS RE Shannon. She's attractive to look at, yet I've been holding out hope for her death for a while.

This was alluded to above, I think, but here's a big connection. Jack's wife killed the other driver, right? And we all remember that Jack had to choose between saving the woman who became his wife, and the other guy. That other guy had to be Shannon's dad, no? I mean, Shannon and Jack were in the hospital at the same time. Shannon's dad was killed in a car crash. QED.

499295[/snapback]

In that episode, the guy's name was Rutherford. It had also been established that Shannon's father's name was Rutherford. This was guessed at last season, and solidified in the Jack-centric ep earlier this season.

499295[/snapback]

I agree with you Jack choose his eventual wife over Shannon's dad.

In terms of last night, best episode of the season bar none. I'm surprised more haven't discussed Sawyer's apparent coma.

In terms of Shannon, I hope she lives as now that we see what a b!tch Boone's mom was, I see Shannon in a different light. Though Outkast does bring up a good point and is correct that Maggie Grace is one of the stars of Fog and could be looking to be in movies instead of TV.

I agree with you Jack choose his eventual wife over Shannon's dad.

In terms of last night, best episode of the season bar none. I'm surprised more haven't discussed Sawyer's apparent coma. 

In terms of Shannon, I hope she lives as now that we see what a b!tch Boone's mom was, I see Shannon in a different light. Though Outkast does bring up a good point and is correct that Maggie Grace is one of the stars of Fog and could be looking to be in movies instead of TV.

499316[/snapback]

but why do a backstory on her only to kill her off? Just to make her death more tragic? :w00t:

It seems as though this was a self-contained episode that you could have missed and not missed any of the storyline.

I'm glad the spoiler that was aired previously here came out this episode and not in the future, made it a little easier to take.

I thought this was a pretty good episode, interaction between Boone and Shannon was interesting...do you think they had hooked up at this point?

I think Shannon's dad was pretty far gone by the time he came to the hospital. They said they couldnt resucitate him, so I dont think the choice came to Jack at all.

499304[/snapback]

Jack did make a choice, though it was an easy choice to make. He chose not to try at all to save Rutherford, instead going with the girl because she had some chance at making it.

A thought here regarding Shannon's possible death...could she be seriously wounded, giving Jack the opportunity to atone for not making an effort at saving her father? The fact that Cyndi was apparently taken last night, and Shannons death not confirmed makes me have just an inkling of a feeling that Shannon may pull through. My gut says no...that she's done and that her death will fuel major hatred between Sayid and Ana. But as well all have found out with this show...things are rarely as they seem.

Good post, SDS.  This show is tanking hard.  Much of these episodes are total filler and teases for the next week's "big" show.  I'll continue to watch because I invested ( :w00t: ) the time to do so already, and there's nothing else on at 9:00 on Weds.  As my wife so eloquently put it last night..."This show blows, now."

499209[/snapback]

Undoubtedly, LOST is like that super hot girl at the party that no one can get with. For whatever reason she takes a liking to you and flirts with you all night long. It's fun flirting all night and then it gets even better at the end of the night when she asks you to come back to her place. You get there, you both get naked and then BAM ... she tells you to put your clothes back on and come back next week.

You figure nothing will come of it but do you come back? Yes, because she's the best game in town.

LOST is far from jumping the shark.