LOST 2.06 Discussion Thread

UConn James

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thought here regarding Shannon's possible death...could she be seriously wounded, giving Jack the opportunity to atone for not making an effort at saving her father?

499397[/snapback]

Duey, you are a smart man. I was thinking the same thing but with an added twist. I think Jack will be forced to decide again who he should save. Shannon or Sawyer.

2. Sayid "loving" Shannon is also a joke.  Other than her blond locks and tight booty, there is nothing there for a guy like Sayid to "love" and he seems many years removed from "horny teenager, says anything for booty" age.

499207[/snapback]

I can buy your other points, but this one I think is a stretch. I mean if I have to explain what's attractive to a man on a desserted island that is constantly facing his own mortality about Shannon then I'm afraid you wouldn't understand anyway.

Duey, you are a smart man. I was thinking the same thing but with an added twist. I think Jack will be forced to decide again who he should save. Shannon or Sawyer.

499437[/snapback]

Nice twist...I can see it. Poor Jack...that dude is always in the middle of those life and death decisions. But then again...he's a doctor.

Nice twist...I can see it.  Poor Jack...that dude is always in the middle of those life and death decisions.  But then again...he's a doctor.

499447[/snapback]

If that's the case he has to save Sawyer for the whole love square (vs triangle) of Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Ana Lucia develop.

Said that after the first ep she was in this season. She's got a tough exterior and tries to say what she thinks a survivalist/most-good-for-the-most-people philosopher would say. Unfortunately, this means that she has officially crossed into animal ethics rather than being a human. And since most of the others in her section are so quiet (like how she told Eko, 'So now that you decide to speak so much, you go off to find him') she's the vocal minority. Eko would just have to say "Shut up" but he's too nice. A-L has a strategy of Save Yourself but in this situation it won't defeat the Others. Like Jack said in White Rabbit, there's a choice... Live together, die alone. The tail section died alone.

499203[/snapback]

Wow, great analysis.

There's going to be some recourse for this. It's not, "Oh well. You shot one of us. Have a good day." Looked like Sayid was ready for some revenge. And isn't that a kicker, (but it seems to be a pattern in his life). He just told Shannon he loves her, and BAM.
I'll look forward to that. Sayid is basically the only character on the show without a flaw and it's really getting on my nerves. It's way past time for someone on the island to do something completely horrible and Sayid has been way too squeeky clean. Killing Ana in cold blood would be the powerful episode we've been hoping for this season.

Was also thinking about the Claire/Charlie/Locke scenes. Claire as the unprepared mother (b/c she didn't plan on keeping Aaron), but Charlie is judging her? Like Locke said, 'This, from a heroin addict?' Charlie: "Recovering addict." Locke didn't call him out on the statute (Doesn't Locke know that Charlie knows there's heroin in them? Pretty sure, but my Season 1 DVDs are w/ my brother so I can't check).
The scene with Charlie and Locke playing backgammon (?) last night was my favorite. They were both trying to keep secrets while calling the other guy out. Looks like trouble in paradise for Claire and Charlie. And are they even a couple? Have they ever kissed? Does she love him but she's no "in love" with him? And yet they're taking care of a baby together. I got the impression last night that Charlie feels he's really unappreciated by Claire for everything he's done for her thus far.

I can buy your other points, but this one I think is a stretch.  I mean if I have to explain what's attractive to a man on a desserted island that is constantly facing his own mortality about Shannon then I'm afraid you wouldn't understand anyway.

499446[/snapback]

I guess if you were twelve I could see your point....

Of course, no one said anything about "attractive". Sayid, a very smart man declared his LOVE for Shannon, not his lust, so unless you think he is a horny teenager that is just saying that to get laid (which if that were the case he would have told her he believed her about Walt) - then no, Sayid seems to be the wrong person to declare his LOVE for the female with the worst personality on the show. Sawyer yes... Sayid no.

If that's the case he has to save Sawyer for the whole love square (vs triangle) of Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Ana Lucia develop.

499453[/snapback]

How ironic would it be if he presides over Shannons death just as he did with Boone.

I'll look forward to that.  Sayid is basically the only character on the show without a flaw and it's really getting on my nerves.  It's way past time for someone on the island to do something completely horrible and Sayid has been way too squeeky clean.  Killing Ana in cold blood would be the powerful episode we've been hoping for this season.

499456[/snapback]

Let's not forget that fact that Sayid tortured Sawyer last season. Not exactly model citizen behavior there.

Let's not forget that fact that Sayid tortured Sawyer last season.  Not exactly model citizen behavior there.

499467[/snapback]

I did forget that but that was still a matter of trying to save someone else (Shannon, ironically) and he really didn't have a choice because Sawyer was being pretty irrational. Jack was pushing for it so it was sort of a community decision. And he even punished himself for that by going into exile.

I'd like to see him be flat out bad for his own purposes. Mostly, he's the nice guy that everyone turns to when they have issues/questions about electronics, concrete, moving around the island, everything. It's dull when someone so capable is so selfless at the same time.

I did forget that but that was still a matter of trying to save someone else (Shannon, ironically) and he really didn't have a choice because Sawyer was being pretty irrational.  Jack was pushing for it so it was sort of a community decision.  And he even punished himself for that by going into exile. 

I'd like to see him be flat out bad for his own purposes.  Mostly, he's the nice guy that everyone turns to when they have issues/questions about electronics, concrete, moving around the island, everything.  It's dull when someone so capable is so selfless at the same time.

499471[/snapback]

Nah...he'll stay good, for the most part. Oh, he may go mental on Ana, but that would be allowed (i.e. Charlie blasting Ethan away...still one of my favorite Lost moments!).

I guess if you were twelve I could see your point....

Of course, no one said anything about "attractive".  Sayid, a very smart man declared his LOVE for Shannon, not his lust, so unless you think he is a horny teenager that is just saying that to get laid (which if that were the case he would have told her he believed her about Walt) - then no, Sayid seems to be the wrong person to declare his LOVE for the female with the worst personality on the show.  Sawyer yes... Sayid no.

499458[/snapback]

There're a lot of smart men in this world that fall in love with women that are not their peer intellectually. It's human nature. I think in Sayid's case he sees a hot chick that needs protecting.

I did forget that but that was still a matter of trying to save someone else (Shannon, ironically) and he really didn't have a choice because Sawyer was being pretty irrational.  Jack was pushing for it so it was sort of a community decision.  And he even punished himself for that by going into exile. 

I'd like to see him be flat out bad for his own purposes.  Mostly, he's the nice guy that everyone turns to when they have issues/questions about electronics, concrete, moving around the island, everything.  It's dull when someone so capable is so selfless at the same time.

499471[/snapback]

If Shannon does die don't expect Sayid to be Mr. Nice guy towards Ana Lucia.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I'd like to add to it. I am becoming extremely annoyed with A-L. Not her character, but the acting by Michele Rodriguez. It's terrible. She is overacting in a big way. Every scene she has where she tries to act tough just reminds me of the previews of some of her other "tough chick" roles like from the movie S.W.A.T. For all the other characters I think the casting has been excellent, but IMO Rodriguez was a terrible choice. There's no subtly in her acting. I don't think it's the writing either. I get the point that she is supposed to be tough, but it's overdone the way her face contorts and her voice raises every time she is trying to assert herself.

If Shannon does die don't expect Sayid to be Mr. Nice guy towards Ana Lucia.

499487[/snapback]

Yeah, but I don't want him to be "grumpy" with her for like two episodes.

I'd like to see him kill her, or better yet try to kill her and accidentally kill someone else (imagine that).

Though I know it's more likely that he'll be mad at her for a few episodes and then she'll save his life somehow and they'll get along after that. BOOOOORING.

And the more I think about it, it would have been better to just kill Sayid last night. MUCH bigger surprise and they'd have a much better Shannon storyline going on after that (what with all the men in her life constantly getting bumped off and all the women in her life screwing her over (her mom, Ana))....

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I'd like to add to it.  I am becoming extremely annoyed with A-L.  Not her character, but the acting by Michele Rodriguez.  It's terrible.  She is overacting in a big way.  Every scene she has where she tries to act tough just reminds me of the previews of some of her other "tough chick" roles like from the movie S.W.A.T.  For all the other characters I think the casting has been excellent, but IMO Rodriguez was a terrible choice.  There's no subtly in her acting.  I don't think it's the writing either.  I get the point that she is supposed to be tough, but it's overdone the way her face contorts and her voice raises every time she is trying to assert herself.

499497[/snapback]

Michelle Rodriguez plays the same character in every movie/TV show.

Yeah, but I don't want him to be "grumpy" with her for like two episodes.

I'd like to see him kill her, or better yet try to kill her and accidentally kill someone else (imagine that).

499499[/snapback]

or better yet have Sayid kill Ana Lucia and then kill himself to prove that he truly did love Shannon.