Kevin Everett-great news!

Pete

News: Bills TE Kevin Everett had surgery to remove scar tissue in his left knee that was hindering his ability to run. The rookie out of Miami, who underwent ACL surgery in the spring, could hit the practice field in the next week or two. Buffalo hopes he can see some playing time this year.

I would LOVE to see Everett play this year...but ONLY if he's 100% healthy. Anything other than that is a setup for injury. I'd even go so far as to put him on the active roster and cut Neufeld if he isn't 100%, hoping that by the end of the season he IS 100% and can at least give the Bills a glimpse of what's to come (if only even in practice) so they can plan accordingly.

:D

This is great news. The Beginning of the end for cement shoes campbell. Finally we'll get someone with speed and athleticisim at the te position. Obviousily I don't expect a huge impact just enough to see what we have for the future at the te position. Someone with the speed to stretch the seems and be a good receiving option which we currently do not have. I've been looking foward to seeing Everett since we drafted him. Just another reason to keep on watching.... :o

I would LOVE to see Everett play this year...but ONLY if he's 100% healthy.  Anything other than that is a setup for injury.  I'd even go so far as to put him on the active roster and cut Neufeld if he isn't 100%, hoping that by the end of the season he IS 100% and can at least give the Bills a glimpse of what's to come (if only even in practice) so they can plan accordingly.

498342[/snapback]

KE would probably take Wilson's roster spot. Wilson has only been active for 1 game, so he can go to the practice squad.

I would love to see him play too! During this past draft, he was the only pick I was really excited about. The Bills don't throw to the TE all that much, but we haven't really had one that was a real offensive threat since Metz and Riemersma (to a much less, and limited extent). I would love to see the team get a lot more production from that position. I was told by someone who is in the media that Everett, if he reaches his potential, is a player, who could be better than Shockey. He also told me, incidently that he was doubtful of the impact Parrish would have in the NFL, and that Willis McGahee was maybe the hardest worker of anyone who has played for the Hurricanes over the last 10-15 years.

News: Bills TE Kevin Everett had surgery to remove scar tissue in his left knee that was hindering his ability to run. The rookie out of Miami, who underwent ACL surgery in the spring, could hit the practice field in the next week or two. Buffalo hopes he can see some playing time this year.

498310[/snapback]

What's the source on this?

Great news.

He's coming off a serious injury, I dont expect much this season

498325[/snapback]

I agree. I don't think he'll be activated. He's supposed to be the best athlete among the Bills tight ends, but no way will he be able to go full tilt for a while. The injury brings him back to the pack as far as his athleticism is concerned untill he has a lot more time to make it stronger and get comfortable with running and cutting again. Then there is the issue of his preparedness for the NFL. He was one of the least polished tight ends in the draft having had limited playing time in college (behind Kellen Winslow Jr. most of his college career). He may have been studying the Bills playbook during his recuperations, but I have to believe there is a big difference between head knowledge and polishing technique through reps on the practice field.

It's great that he's coming along well. It will get him on the practice field where he can get some much needed reps, but the Kevin Everett story is going to begin in 2006.

it seems that players who played behind established or great guys at Miami come out and do well, i think it is because the compete so hard for the roster spots that they really have an idea of what it takes to get to the next level.

Winslow was behind shockey, and evrett was behind him

parish was behind moss/competing with the other moss

portis is a good example, was a bit under the radar but was prepared to play at a high level after having competed with some super athletes year long at miami.

lets hope roscoe and evrette are more of the same

I'm with MadBuffaloDisease only if he's 100%.  No sense in risking his future on THIS season.

498485[/snapback]

Given the way they managed the McGahee situtation and also the way they oversaw Campbell coming back after ACL surgery quicker than expected while Euhus has neither been rushed back or prematurely IR'ed the Bills seem to have a pretty good record of letting the individual injury dictate how it is treated.

Well I learned something about the PUP list. Originally I thought that you had only from the 6th week to the 10th week to make a decision about a player on the list. But I guess it's that after the 6th week you can bring the player back at anytime (or until a certain time like week 13, for instance) and then from THAT point have 3 weeks to do something with him. That makes more sense.

According to KFFL.com, here is an update:

Bills | Everett Returns to Practice

Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:10:23 -0800

Gregg Pastore, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills TE Kevin Everett (knee) practiced Wednesday, Nov. 9, for the first time since April. Everett was very limited during practice.