I think JP gives us a good chance to win now.

TC has finally seen the light about running Willis 25 times a game. That takes a load off of JP right there. The OL is being shuffled to give JP more time.

JP is definately more mobil than Holcomb. JP has a better arm than Kelly Holcomb. Now is right time to re-start JP and get the winning ways back on track. But heh ! It's just IMHO !

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. I 100% think that JP needs to be back in the starting line up for the last 8 games...

Whether he gives us a better chance to win is questionable - I don't really think he does - because Holcomb has a degree more smarts than JP does right now. But regardless, he should start...

TC has finally seen the light about running Willis 25 times a game. That takes a load off of JP right there. The OL is being shuffled to give JP more time.

JP is definately more mobil than Holcomb. JP has a better arm than Kelly Holcomb. Now is right time to re-start JP and get the winning ways back on track. But heh ! It's just IMHO !

497510[/snapback]

It is worth very serious consideration. I'd probably start Holcomb this next week and if he falters put in JP. I don't think Holcombe can throw the deep ball, and don't believe JP was all that bad (however, he wasn't all that good.) I think it is time for him to show what he has over the next eight games.

JP has a better arm than Kelly Holcomb.

497510[/snapback]

JP has a stronger arm than Holcomb, but was a lot less accurate IMO. Maybe some of that was nerves and the guy was screwing up throws he could normally make in his sleep, I don't know.

It is worth very serious consideration.  I'd probably start Holcomb this next week and if he falters put in JP.  I don't think Holcombe can throw the deep ball, and don't believe JP was all that bad (however, he wasn't all that good.)  I think it is time for him to show what he has over the next eight games.

497525[/snapback]

I agree. The fact that division is a mess will set this team back for a year or two as the front office will actually believe we have a chance to win. Let's say we finish strong, end up 8-8 or even 9-7 and miss the playoffs with KH at the helm? Or even make the playoffs and get smashed? I'll guarnatee that in 2006 JP will be force fed to us and all the coaches will play the same story they played in 2005 where he is playing so great in practice and sleeps in the film room and blah, blah, blah! Really if he hadn't broken his leg last preseason and he had taken over last year when we where 3-5 maybe we wouldn't be 3-5 this year; at least we'd have a better idea of where he stood as a QB.

So in comes 2006. If he doesn't come in and walk on water or the Bills lose he will be labaled a bust in Buffalo land and will never get a chance a redemption. Then we will have had 2 years of analysis wasted his first years while we flirt with being average. I'd hate to be 3-5 next year while the team tries to develop JP and then he finally gets it and we finish strong, end up 8-8 or 9-7, miss the playoffs and have to wait unil 2007 for us to compete.

Here's your choice, start KH and keep Moulds after this year or start JP and piss off all the vets on the team. We have a LOT of vets who came here to win now. I say start JP although he hasnt shown me a damn thing in any game

497622[/snapback]

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to piss off the vets. Exactly what have they shown to merit the team sacrificing its future for their desire (probably not the right word b/c they have no desire) to "win now"? I honestly don't see how anyone can say that there's a big difference b/w Holcomb and JP, except that Losman doesn't have a limp arm and fart dust, by NFL terms.

Moulds can get bent when the season's done, and looking at what the QB situation is here he probably doesn't want to waste his time staying.

Here's your choice, start KH and keep Moulds after this year or start JP and piss off all the vets on the team. We have a LOT of vets who came here to win now. I say start JP although he hasnt shown me a damn thing in any game

497622[/snapback]

the vets wanna win now, yet they dont have the heart or talent to win now...they showed their true desire to win in the 4th quarter against NE. The time to start JP is now, and not look back until the seasons over. 3-13 or 11-5, at least we'll know something then.

497622[/snapback]

Screw the vets. If they don't have the stones to nut up and help out their QB, fug'em. I watched the Jests rally behind freaking Brooks Bollinger and almost steal a win. Chrebet may have even ended his career. Bench Sparky, and get JP in there, and bench every vet that says a word about it.

Well were 3-5 right now...

would we be 3-5 if the move to Holcomb was never made and we stuck with JP....I think so(we win MIA/NYJ @ home w/ JP anyways)....

I think its time to go back to JP, and ride the rest of the season with him....he needs to get his time, on the field and learn this offense now....not later...

Screw the vets.  If they don't have the stones to nut up and help out their QB, fug'em.  I watched the Jests rally behind freaking Brooks Bollinger and almost steal a win.  Chrebet may have even ended his career.  Bench Sparky, and get JP in there, and bench every vet that says a word about it.

497648[/snapback]

Chrebet on the ground, blinking his eyes over and over.... shivers down my spine to see how tough and balls to the wall that guy is and he still puts himself up there catches everything sent his way, especially on 3rd down. That, ladies and gentlemen, is a football player. I hope he does the sensible thing now and retires gracefully.

Chrebet on the ground, blinking his eyes over and over.... shivers down my spine to see how tough and balls to the wall that guy is and he still puts himself up there catches everything sent his way, especially on 3rd down. That, ladies and gentlemen, is a football player. I hope he does the sensible thing now and retires gracefully.

497686[/snapback]

The man has nothing left to prove. He got his bell rung playing all-out on a team going nowhere for a rookie QB. That's a football player. You won't see him milking a comeback. You'll never see ESBN slobbering all over Chrebet for 4 hours. I tip my cap to him.

the vets wanna win now, yet they dont have the heart or talent to win now...they showed their true desire to win in the 4th quarter against NE. The time to start JP is now, and not look back until the seasons over. 3-13 or 11-5, at least we'll know something then.

497643[/snapback]

I felt the Bills played with a lot of heart against NE. Their main problems were caused by the refs (such as the catch that wasn't a catch, the offensive pass interference that hadn't been called as such all game). The scrubs also created some problems, like Gandy's missed block that caused the fumble. Then there was that playcall on 4th and 7 which had only two guys--both 5'10"--go beyond the first down marker. Even though the Bills ultimately went down to defeat, I felt that for the most part, their core veterans played with a lot of passion and desire. When a man gives a task everything he has, you have to give him credit for that, win or lose.

497622[/snapback]

If the vets want to win now, maybe they should start playing to win. I hate statements like this, we are not losing just because of the QB. The veterans on this team need to start worrying about their jobs and not the QB job. If they don't want to be on a team with JP as the starter, pack your bags and get the hell out.

Totally agree. I 100% think that JP needs to be back in the starting line up for the last 8 games...

Whether he gives us a better chance to win is questionable - I don't really think he does - because Holcomb has a degree more smarts than JP does right now.  But regardless, he should start...

497511[/snapback]

Shh...Sshh....Nick. Butfex and Dawgg will be ready to pounce on you for

saying that.....The holy grail is Holcomb is the sole reason for our turnaround

and not McGahee running 25 times.....

holcomb is playing well.

and MUCH better than JP.

how many yards a game did JP average? was it 80 or so. yeah. if we go with JP now, we are trashing our season. and with the pats lossing, its far from over.

497693[/snapback]

I have no problem trashing our season--this team isn't going anywhere this year anyway, and should be thinking about what's best for next year. Obviously a seasoned vet like Holcomb is going to be better than a first-year starter like Losman, at least in the short term. The Bills should start whichever QB they believe has the potential to be the better answer in the long term.

By starting Holcomb, you get to see whether he can sustain his high QB rating over the course of an entire season. By starting Losman, you can see whether whatever success he may be having in practice will carry over into games. Of course, if Losman does a lousy job in practice, it's an easy decision. Give the game snaps to Holcomb, because you already know Losman isn't ready.

I have no problem trashing our season--this team isn't going anywhere this year anyway, and should be thinking about what's best for next year. Obviously a seasoned vet like Holcomb is going to be better than a first-year starter like Losman, at least in the short term. The Bills should start whichever QB they believe has the potential to be the better answer in the long term.

By starting Holcomb, you get to see whether he can sustain his high QB rating over the course of an entire season. By starting Losman, you can see whether whatever success he may be having in practice will carry over into games. Of course, if Losman does a lousy job in practice, it's an easy decision. Give the game snaps to Holcomb, because you already know Losman isn't ready.

497716[/snapback]

2-2. Ratings mean squat.