Bennie Anderson

Frez

I just watched the 4th quarter of last weeks game. Wow, did Bennie Anderson get schooled on those passing plays. Looking at some of the running plays and he just tries to make a block and misses totally. Who signed this guy? No wonder the Ravens didn't want his fat ass back, he stinks!

#66 sucks! :ph34r:

I just watched the 4th quarter of last weeks game. Wow, did Bennie Anderson get schooled on those passing plays. Looking at some of the running plays and he just tries to make a block and misses totally. Who signed this guy? No wonder the Ravens didn't want his fat ass back, he stinks!

#66 sucks!  :ph34r:

496150[/snapback]

DING !!! DING !!! DING!!!

We Have a Winner!!!. Johnny tell Frez what he has won.

"Well Bob, Frez has won a brand new car!!!"] :(

I had to inject a little humor into today :lol:

#66 sucks! :ph34r:

496150[/snapback]

[/quote

When TD arrived we were cash strapped and in cap hell, we all know that. He said he was going to pursue "2nd tier free-agents". His mentality has never changed. He went on another 2nd tier Offensive Line Blue Light Special shopping spree- Bennie Anderson was on aisle 5...........

When TD arrived we were cash strapped and in cap hell, we all know that. He said he was going to pursue "2nd tier free-agents". His mentality has never changed. He went on another 2nd tier Offensive Line Blue Light Special shopping spree- Bennie Anderson was on aisle 5...........

496157[/snapback]

Ross Tucker wasn't even 2nd-tier, and Bennie's much lower than that; he's Pucillo-tier.

Ravens fans here in Baltimore don't have too much to smile about this year,

but they do enjoy asking me how Bennie's doing. :ph34r:

496157[/snapback]

Anderson is far from 2nd tier, 2nd tier was Rick DeMulling who signed with Detroit over us. And of course you get what you pay for as it's thought DeMulling got a two-year deal worth $4.45 million where Anderson got a three-year for $5.1 million.

A quick stat comparison:

DeMulling vs Anderson.

Ross Tucker wasn't even 2nd-tier, and Bennie's much lower than that; he's Pucillo-tier.

Ravens fans here in Baltimore don't have too much to smile about this year,

but they do enjoy asking me how Bennie's doing. :ph34r:

Like we were talking about in another thread, ask them how Jamal is doing. That should shut them up right quick.

Like we were talking about in another thread, ask them how Jamal is doing.  That should shut them up right quick.

496225[/snapback]

Oh, I do, believe me. :( Lots of prison jokes this year indeed... but that's a totally different story. There's no comeback when it comes to Bennie, just humiliation. :ph34r:

Oh, I do, believe me. :( Lots of prison jokes this year indeed... but that's a totally different story. There's no comeback when it comes to Bennie, just humiliation. :ph34r:

Well, Keydrick Vincent isn't look too great either. He has 5 penalties for 48 yards and has given up 2.5 sacks, versus Anderson who has 6 penalties for 47 yards and has given up 4.0 sacks. And Willis is having a better year. :lol:

Year Team G GS Pen Yds False Start Holding Sacks Allwd Yds

2005 Buf 6 4 0 0 0 0 4.00 38.00 - Mike Williams

2005 Buf 7 7 0 0 0 0 0.50 4.50 - Chris Villarrial

2005 Buf 8 8 2 15 1 1 0.50 8.00 - Trey Teague

2005 Buf 8 8 6 47 3 2 4.00 39.50 - Bennie Anderson

2005 Buf 8 8 5 44 0 5 2.00 18.00 - Mike Gandy

Thought this would be an intresting makeup to see who's responsible for giving up sacks and committing penalties. The Right side of our line seems pretty solid as far as not giving up penalties. Big Mike has to get better with pass protection 4 starts and 4 sacks given up.... :ph34r:. Villarrial seems solid in both areas. Teague seems average.

I figured Teague would have been credited with giving up more then .50 sacks. Bennie Anderson commits too many penalties and for a man his size playing guard has given up too many sacks. Mike Gandy is pretty much where I expected.

I also looked up Mcgahee's rushing stats to see where he gains more yards to the left/middle/right. It's pretty split even. His higher ypc avg seems to be rushing to the left side of the line where he has 45 rushes for 227 yards 2 tds and a 5 ypc average. He's run the most up the middle 78 times for 282 yards and a 3.6ypc average. To the right he's ran 39 times for 187 yards for 4.8ypc and 2 td's.

Basically what this tells me is we either run too much up the middle or that's where we need to improve our line as far as run blocking though. Maybe get a center who can get push in the run game. While Teague hasn't played bad, his run blocking leaves something to be desired. Bennie Anderson needs to be replaced. Mike Gandy can stick around maybe move him to guard where he's more of a natural athlete. He's quick enough where we could pull him on traps and counters, which I don't see done with Bennie Anderson.

I don't see LT as our biggest need offensivly the biggest weakness seems to be the interior of the line center/lg. I'd play peters a little more as the season goes on see where he stands as far as a future lt with us. Let the Duke get some time at center and I think we'll have the makings of a good oline.

Stuff like this doesn't really tell you much about blocking assignments etc, but as someone pointed out the other day maybe we need to get away from having huge linemen and instead go the denver route get smaller more athletic olinemen. But I don't think the entire oline has to be blown up.

I also don't think Oline is our biggest need. The Defensive Line on the other hand is where we need the most help

#66 sucks! :doh:

496150[/snapback]

[/quote

496157[/snapback]

But why is the Falcons O-line of nothing more than 5th rounders doing well?

System? Player? Player in the System?

Any idea if those five holding penalties on Gandy are on runs or passes? it goes a long way to determining where he should play. I can't believe Big Mike and Villarial have no penalties between them. It seems our line is always getting called for a killer hold.

And that system/players debate on the line, wasn't McNally supposed to have a great system?

TD signed hi to a very low salary for this year, but also gave him some sort of a signing bonus.

His next two years here look to be very overpriced based on this seasons performance. The guy flat out is horrible.

Fat Bennie's Salary Structure

I'm hoping they bring back Tucker and let Fat Bennie go. Tucker is not the greatest, but he at least is better than what we presently have. I also liked Tucker's attempts to lead. This is where he got into trouble with this "coaching staff". He was trying to think and this staff doesn't like to do that.

MM says that letting Tucker go had nothing to do with his injuries, but they chose to go in another direction. To bad that direction is backwards. Fat Bennie gets pushed backwards IF he stays on a blocking assignement.

Guest BackInDaDay
Mike Gandy can stick around maybe move him to guard where he's more of a natural athlete.  He's quick enough where we could pull him on traps and counters, which I don't see done with Bennie Anderson.

496529[/snapback]

Wouldn't it be nice to see some quickness there? It would be great if Gandy could make the transition. Besides the traps and counters, we'd have a better shot at getting Willis upfield on sweeps where he's a CB's worse nightmare.

I don't see LT as our biggest need offensivly the biggest weakness seems to be the interior of the line center/lg.  I'd play peters a little more as the season goes on see where he stands as far as a future lt with us.  Let the Duke get some time at center and I think we'll have the makings of a good oline.

496529[/snapback]

If Duke is all he's made out to be, Gandy/Preston/Villareal could make a nice interior. Peters could well be our starting '06 LT.

Stuff like this doesn't really tell you much about blocking assignments etc, but as someone pointed out the other day maybe we need to get away from having huge linemen and instead go the denver route get smaller more athletic olinemen. But I don't think the entire oline has to be blown up.

496529[/snapback]

Strength and quickness. I agree that Gandy and Preston would upgrade the line's quickness but we don't want DTs bull rushing them. If these guys show enough strength to engage and move the DTs out, we'd really be onto something. In a Peters/Gandy/Preston/Villareal/Williams line the right side would have the advantage power-wise, but that would be an agile left side. :doh:

I also don't think Oline is our biggest need. The Defensive Line on the other hand is where we need the most help

496529[/snapback]

We may have the '06 line on the roster. We may not. If Peters and Gandy can't produce, we'd have to go shopping. I don't like the idea of that. Neither would the front office.

In a Peters/Gandy/Preston/Villareal/Williams line the right side would have the advantage power-wise, but that would be an agile left side.  :doh:

496714[/snapback]

That's pretty much what the B'gals have done to decent effect.

Levi Jones and Eric Steinback on the left, Brabham at Center, and heavyweights Bobbie Williams and Willie Anderson on the right.

Guest BackInDaDay
That's pretty much what the B'gals have done to decent effect.

Levi Jones and Eric Steinback on the left, Brabham at Center, and heavyweights Bobbie Williams and Willie Anderson on the right.

496726[/snapback]

Must be fun watching the right side push and the left side pull.

Ugh. Something 'bout that doesn't sound right. :doh: