Peters' performance?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody go to the videotape and analyze him at all at tackle?  I'm curious.

493009[/snapback]

Sportline team report said he received "high grades"

--Second-year OT Jason Peters, a converted tight end, earned his first start at right tackle for an injured Mike Williams (ankle) and earned some high grades. Williams dressed, but saw action only on special teams.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/9015853

Anybody go to the videotape and analyze him at all at tackle?  I'm curious.

493009[/snapback]

He's AWESOME. I haven't re-watched the game because the way it ended but I can't remember one play where he got beat.

Not only that, he's an athletic beast. The Pats d-men where trying to avoid being manhandled by Peters rather than trying to get to the QB.

He's AWESOME. I haven't re-watched the game because the way it ended but I can't remember one play where he got beat.

Not only that, he's an athletic beast. The Pats d-men where trying to avoid being manhandled by Peters rather than trying to get to the QB.

493114[/snapback]

There was that sack on the second offensive play where he simply got beat to the outside, but it was called back for defensive holding. He did not get beat outside after that. There was another play where he struggled to move inside on a blitzing linebacker, but one-on-one, he was too quick to get around.

101 views (not all mine :wub:) and no assessments.  What gives?  <_<

493095[/snapback]

I'm guessing that of the few who did tape it, nobody has the heart or stomach to sit through it again.

I don't have a tape but off-hand I'd say he looked very good most of the night, especially when you consider how green he is. Tortured Soul above listed a couple problems he had and I would add that on that fateful 4th/7 he probably should have been called for holding a Pats LB (McGinnest?).

But he was certainly wayyyy better than Jerman and maybe even as good as teh hobbled Mike Williams. If he keeps working at it I definitely think he has a real future as an NFL Tackle.

Cya

I'm no expert (talk to Bill in NYC and John from Hemet)...but from what I saw he looked darn good. But, of we use him at tackle, won't this cut into his time at QB, CB, DT and Safety?

The future at LT for the Bills. He'll allow them to move Gandy inside to LG, and then with Preston at center, Villy or Geisinger at RG (maybe even moving Anderson back to RG), and Big Mike at RT (probably will need to draft/groom a RT for those times Big Mike is injured), the Bills could have the makings of a really good O-line.

He was beat twice, the first, as someone mentioned above was offset by a holding penatly and the second one, he was beat on the inside by McGinnest but Holcomb made a positive play by releasing the ball quickly (for a completion).

Overall I'd say he did have a high grade for his first start at OT.

the Bills could have the makings of a really good O-line.

493160[/snapback]

<_<:wub: I'll believe that when I see it. What I do think could happen is that McNally moves Big Mike to LG... Big Bennie sucks. He was quoted on several occasions saying that he thought MW was a natural guard. Perhaps, we need to start getting the "BIG" out of our vocabulary when it comes to OL. Look at Denver. They've had the most consistent run producing offense in the league over the last 10 years and all their O-linemen are athletic types with good technical skill - minus the "BIG."

Shovel

:wub:  :wub:  I'll believe that when I see it.

Well yeah, it WOULD involve getting those players into the lineup. <_<

What I do think could happen is that McNally moves Big Mike to LG... Big Bennie sucks.  He was quoted on several occasions saying that he thought MW was a natural guard.  Perhaps, we need to start getting the "BIG" out of our vocabulary when it comes to OL.  Look at Denver.  They've had the most consistent run producing offense in the league over the last 10 years and all their O-linemen are athletic types with good technical skill - minus the "BIG."

Big has nothing to do with anything. It's just easier than typing out Mike Williams. And if moving him inside to OG is where they see him best, so be it. But the Bills would still need a RT.

There was that sack on the second offensive play where he simply got beat to the outside, but it was called back for defensive holding. He did not get beat outside after that. There was another play where he struggled to move inside on a blitzing linebacker, but one-on-one, he was too quick to get around.

Do you think he has the athleticism and footwork to play LT? I ask for our OL gurus to chime in here if they can stomach reviewing some film...Bill in NYC, R. Rich and John from Hemet.

you know what i think, i love big peters . i think he is going to be a keeper . he will fit in very well with some game time under his belt .

493192[/snapback]

I don't think I love him <_<, but I definately think he's a keeper.

The future at LT for the Bills.  He'll allow them to move Gandy inside to LG, and then with Preston at center, Villy or Geisinger at RG (maybe even moving Anderson back to RG), and Big Mike at RT (probably will need to draft/groom a RT for those times Big Mike is injured), the Bills could have the makings of a really good O-line.

493160[/snapback]

I agree with you on all but Anderson. He just has to be moved off the roster.

No question that Andersen is a disaster.

Peters had a good, but not exactly a great, first outing. He had a TE welded to his right hip most of the game. He got beat several times late in the game. However, he did not embarrass himself and definitely should be given more time to get experience, as Gandy is no long term answer at OLT. Peters needs to learn to keep his head up and not overcommit to first moves. If and when the Bills get eliminated, putting in Peters at OLT and Geisinger at OLG really makes sense, as those two should start there next year.

<_<  :wub:  I'll believe that when I see it.  What I do think could happen is that McNally moves Big Mike to LG... Big Bennie sucks.  He was quoted on several occasions saying that he thought MW was a natural guard.  Perhaps, we need to start getting the "BIG" out of our vocabulary when it comes to OL.  Look at Denver.  They've had the most consistent run producing offense in the league over the last 10 years and all their O-linemen are athletic types with good technical skill - minus the "BIG." 

Shovel

493166[/snapback]

Denver uses zone blocking, so I think they're looking for different types than we are (although I'm no expert).