Peters' performance?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The future at LT for the Bills.  He'll allow them to move Gandy inside to LG, and then with Preston at center, Villy or Geisinger at RG (maybe even moving Anderson back to RG), and Big Mike at RT (probably will need to draft/groom a RT for those times Big Mike is injured), the Bills could have the makings of a really good O-line.

493160[/snapback]

Give me a break. You think that will end up being a good offensive line the way you've lined them up? I certainly don't think so. An effective LT is essential and Peters is not that guy. Maybe RT, but LT? Come on. LG with Gandy would be trouble, and I don't think Mike Willaims will be with us next season.

Give me a break.  You think that will end up being a good offensive line the way you've lined them up?  I certainly don't think so.  An effective LT is essential and Peters is not that guy.  Maybe RT, but LT?  Come on.  LG with Gandy would be trouble, and I don't think Mike Willaims will be with us next season.

Give ME a break. Williams isn't going anywhere because of the cap hit. As for Gandy being trouble at LG, he's more suited to OG than OT, but I'd be fine with him sticking at LT if that's what was needed. And as for how Peters "is not that guy," want to lend me that crystal ball?

The Ravens boosted their receiving corps by adding Derrick Mason and getting Todd Heap back, not to mention Boller getting hurt early.  The only change was Anderson for Vincent.

494614[/snapback]

Jamal isn't the same player as he was before prison, Chester Taylor has looked better. Wright has been horrible. Mason misses McNair, and Heap isn't the same player that he was before injuries. Plus the Ravens D is worse than last year thanks to age, defections, and injuries (deja vu. :D ). which hasn't helped matters for the O.

Vincent isn't going to the Pro Bowl any time soon, but he is a very nice improvement over Fat Bennie, their worst starter the past couple years .

Bennie Anderson = Mike Pucillo + 100 lbs. If the Bills moved him to RG and he matched his level of play with the Ravens, that level would still be totally unacceptable. :blink:

Give ME a break.  Williams isn't going anywhere because of the cap hit.  As for Gandy being trouble at LG, he's more suited to OG than OT, but I'd be fine with him sticking at LT if that's what was needed.  And as for how Peters "is not that guy," want to lend me that crystal ball?

494610[/snapback]

I'll give you the Williams thing but you said they have the makings of a good offensive line. That's why I asked you who are you kidding. Gandy at guard? Maybe as a backup. And yes, I don't think Peters would be a good fit at LT. But if the group that you mentioned is our OL next year, I think we'd have an average line, not a good line.

I'll give you the Williams thing but you said they have the makings of a good offensive line.  That's why I asked you who are you kidding.  Gandy at guard?  Maybe as a backup.  And yes, I don't think Peters would be a good fit at LT.  But if the group that you mentioned is our OL next year, I think we'd have an average line, not a good line.

494819[/snapback]

But it is probably going to end up being that way because we are going to need to either resign Moulds or find a suitable replacement.......franchise Clements and sign him or get a 1st and bring in a starting corner.......and then Willis will probably be talking holdout by that time.

We are going to need a space eating D linemen with that 1st pick......

The best we can hope for is for Peters to actually end up working out as a LT

Jamal isn't the same player as he was before prison, Chester Taylor has looked better. Wright has been horrible. Mason misses McNair, and Heap isn't the same player that he was before injuries. Plus the Ravens D is worse than last year thanks to age, defections, and injuries (deja vu. :D ). which hasn't helped matters for the O.

Lewis was in prison prior to the 2004 season. Last year he had 1006 yards in 12 games which works out to 1341 for a full season. Not too bad. Maybe Mason and Heap are missing their former QB or in decline, but again they're still upgrades over what the Ravens had LAST year, and the same goes for Wright playing over Boller, who is a crappy QB. Maybe though, everyone else on offense has gotten worse, and Vincent is the only upgrade? Could be. :blink:

I'll give you the Williams thing but you said they have the makings of a good offensive line.  That's why I asked you who are you kidding.  Gandy at guard?  Maybe as a backup.  And yes, I don't think Peters would be a good fit at LT.  But if the group that you mentioned is our OL next year, I think we'd have an average line, not a good line.

I think the Bills have had bad O-lines because they've lacked a true, dominating center since the days of Kent Hull. I think Preston could finally be that guy, and I think that his presence will have a ripple effect on the rest of the O-line (think the Jets' O-lines after Mawae arrived). I also think that Gandy will be better served at LG because he's a natural guard, and remember no one thought he'd worth a damn as a LT and he's been a pleasant surprise. As for Peters, that's more of a projection. I think that with his promising performance at RT, they'll accelerate his OT development. But again as I said, I could live with Gandy at LT next year.

Lewis was in prison prior to the 2004 season.  Last year he had 1006 yards in 12 games which works out to 1341 for a full season.  Not too bad.  Maybe Mason and Heap are missing their former QB or in decline, but again they're still upgrades over what the Ravens had LAST year, and the same goes for Wright playing over Boller, who is a crappy QB.  Maybe though, everyone else on offense has gotten worse, and Vincent is the only upgrade?  Could be. :D

494848[/snapback]

Anderson at LG for the Bills is displaying the exact tendencies that he showed with the Ravens at RG. All the grandiose dreaming on this board that JMac could make him into a legitimate NFL OL has gone up in smoke as predicted. But, if it makes you feel better, keep dreaming. Slide him over to RG again, and maybe Willis rushes for 2000 yards next year behind him & MW. :blink:

Anderson at LG for the Bills is displaying the exact tendencies that he showed with the Ravens at RG. All the grandiose dreaming on this board that JMac could make him into a legitimate NFL OL has gone up in smoke as predicted. But, if it makes you feel better, keep dreaming. Slide him over to RG again, and maybe Willis rushes for 2000 yards next year behind him & MW. :blink:

The same tendencies Anderson showed with the Ravens was as a crushing run-blocker, hence a major reason why Lewis has failed to record a single 100 yard game this year and Willis is 6th in yards rushing per game. You've heard the expression "the proof is in the pudding," although I GUESS it could all be due to Gandy. :D Notice that nowhere did I talk about Anderson's pass-blocked (in)abilities, I wasn't advocating him starting at LG next year, and had him as the 3rd option at RG. But keep building those strawmen to knock down. :huh:

"What indications do you have that Geisinger is not another Dylan McFarland-a guy who lasts 1 season because he was a draft choice & gets cut next camp?"

Um, well, I just watched him for four years in college... and at the Hula and Senior Bowls, where he dominated... but you clearly know he was a 6th round pick, so your opinion is clearly based on superior evidence... like the ability to parrot what you read somewhere...

"He definitely will NOT be starting next season-he was a friggin 6th round pick who has shown less than nothing"

LOL!!!

In the preseason game I watched him, the only mistake he made was on a stunt where he was late reading it and got caught holding the DE who stunted.  In that preseason game, Justin pancaked several defenders, twice on sweeps.  Justin got movement on his DT on run plays, and held up well in straight pass blocking situations.  As he was a four year OLT at Vandy, he will need time and experience to learn OG stuff like stunt recognition.  That won't stop him from being a good one.  But, heck, there is some quote from some reporter somewhere that formed the basis of "your" "opinion" of Justin... and parroting must be proof... 

"Now Peters was a pleasant surprise in his 1st NFL start"

I suppose that you are going to parrot yet another quote from some reporter as "your" opinion of that. Peters did exactly as I said above - played well for his level of experience, but had a ton of help and did get beaten badly several times late in the game.  Now, of course, had that reporter said Peters had been burned and looked awful, "your" "opinion" here would be... just that...

493492[/snapback]

Uh.... LaDairis, I don't know where you get off with such a condescending attitude after only 25 posts, but "Albany, n.y." has about 100 times as many posts as you for a reason - he's proven over the years to be one of the most cogent and *original* observers of the Buffalo Bills around. Which is not to say that he's always right..... but I'd respect what you're trying to say 'round these parts a lot more if you dropped the attitude.

JDG

"What indications do you have that Geisinger is not another Dylan McFarland-a guy who lasts 1 season because he was a draft choice & gets cut next camp?"

Um, well, I just watched him for four years in college... and at the Hula and Senior Bowls, where he dominated... but you clearly know he was a 6th round pick, so your opinion is clearly based on superior evidence... like the ability to parrot what you read somewhere...

"He definitely will NOT be starting next season-he was a friggin 6th round pick who has shown less than nothing"

LOL!!!

In the preseason game I watched him, the only mistake he made was on a stunt where he was late reading it and got caught holding the DE who stunted.  In that preseason game, Justin pancaked several defenders, twice on sweeps.  Justin got movement on his DT on run plays, and held up well in straight pass blocking situations.  As he was a four year OLT at Vandy, he will need time and experience to learn OG stuff like stunt recognition.  That won't stop him from being a good one.  But, heck, there is some quote from some reporter somewhere that formed the basis of "your" "opinion" of Justin... and parroting must be proof... 

"Now Peters was a pleasant surprise in his 1st NFL start"

I suppose that you are going to parrot yet another quote from some reporter as "your" opinion of that. Peters did exactly as I said above - played well for his level of experience, but had a ton of help and did get beaten badly several times late in the game.  Now, of course, had that reporter said Peters had been burned and looked awful, "your" "opinion" here would be... just that...

493492[/snapback]

You've earned nowhere near the credibility to talk smack at Harv. Harv is as good an evaluator of collegiate talent as anyone around here (his drafts over the years have been as good as any paid professional).

Settle down, rookie.

You've earned nowhere near the credibility to talk smack at Harv.  Harv is as good an evaluator of collegiate talent as anyone around here (his drafts over the years have been as good as any paid professional).

Settle down, rookie.

495394[/snapback]

Really, did he Draft on the clock, or do another one of those....

Round 1: Matt Leinart

Round 2: Ahmad Brooks

Round 3: D'Brickshaw Ferguson

Round 4: Reggie Bush

Round 5: AJ Hawk

type Drafts??

And, oh, yeah, what are my Draft qualifications??

LOL!!

Uh.... LaDairis, I don't know where you get off with such a condescending attitude after only 25 posts, but "Albany, n.y." has about 100 times as many posts as you for a reason - he's proven over the years to be one of the most cogent and *original* observers of the Buffalo Bills around.    Which is not to say that he's always right..... but I'd respect what you're trying to say 'round these parts a lot more if you dropped the attitude.

JDG

495385[/snapback]

OK, so # of posts = Draft expertise.

Got it.

Thanks for the education...

Really, did he Draft on the clock, or do another one of those....

Round 1:  Matt Leinart

Round 2: Ahmad Brooks

Round 3: D'Brickshaw Ferguson

Round 4: Reggie Bush

Round 5: AJ Hawk

type Drafts??

And, oh, yeah, what are my Draft qualifications??

LOL!!

495437[/snapback]

I think Bush should be higher on your board. <_<