Stop Whining on Bruschi and the refs

plenzmd1

The Bills did not lose this game because of the refs or the coverage on ESPN. They lost because thay are a pathetic excuse for a mentally strong football team. My worst fear about this game was a close loss influenced somewhat by a controversial call late in the game. If I hear one friggen comment about how they played the world champs close at their house, only to have the refs suck the life out of them with the PI on Moulds, I'm gunna scream.

I am one of these guys who thought going in that we were in good shape, so its hard for me to flip flop on TD now. However, when I will get pissed is if they refuse to say we were wrong, this squad ain't getting it done, so we are going to a youth movement. I don't care if it pisses the vets off, they are going to gone next year anyway. Screw em, they really couldn't give a rats behind about the Bills or the fans, so i say off with them. Play the stinking youngsters, and I may still go to the Denver game. If we keep playing with these sorry no account guys, I am in no way gunna be there.

BTW, why does Sam need to be benched once a year?

The Bills did not lose this game because of the refs or the coverage on ESPN. They lost because thay are a pathetic excuse for a mentally strong football team. My worst fear about this game was a close loss influenced somewhat by a controversial call late in the game. If I hear one friggen comment about how they played the world champs close at their house, only to have the refs suck the life out of them with the PI on Moulds, I'm gunna scream.

I am one of these guys who thought going in that we were in good shape, so its hard for me to flip flop on TD now. However, when I will get pissed is if they refuse to say we were wrong, this squad ain't getting it done, so we are going to a youth movement. I don't care if it pisses the vets off, they are going to gone next year anyway. Screw em, they really couldn't give a rats behind about the Bills or the fans, so i say off with them. Play the stinking youngsters, and I may still go to the Denver game. If we keep playing with these sorry no account guys, I am in no way gunna be there.

491861[/snapback]

Agreed. The team folded when it mattered. The coaches, the quarterback and the defence failed when the game was on the line.

Coaches - why go away from the run when it has been so successful? Especially in the fourth quarter with the lead? Why was the quarterback informed that Moulds would be 8 yards short of the required first down yardage.

Quarterback - why throw it to a double covered decoy well short of the first down. Proved why he is a career backup.

Defence - way to step up when the team needed you. Two plays to score the go ahead TD? They have consistently shown that when there is a bad call, or a missed kick they can not pick the team up. Horrible

Definately the calls from the officials did not help, but the team's mental toughness comes through.

491861[/snapback]

No, they didn't lose because of Bruschi or the refs. However, that doesn't make the announcing crew's Bruschi-worship any less nauseating, nor does it make the officiating any less bogus.

NO ONE IS OUT TO SCREW YOU OR THE BILLS.

We know that. They're out to help the Patriots. There's a big difference.

Notice I didn't say, "Let the Patriots win," or anything like that. But all of the big calls in the 4th quarter went against the Bills, and even the one-sided announcing crew seemed dumbfounded on both the reception and the Moulds PI call.

Of course they didn't catch the block in the back on #92, just like the refs missed it...

CW

Once the storm clouds dissapear, all's not bad. The Bills went into the home of the defending World Champions, and held the lead deep into the fourth quarter, physically dominated the Pats, and had a 2-to-1 margin in time of possession. It could be a harbinger of good things to come.

I think offensive playcalling might be shaky, FWIW.

We know that.  They're out to help the Patriots.  There's a big difference.

CW

492130[/snapback]

And you believe that crap?

Then why did the Pats lose by 24 at home to a San Diego team that is down a notch from last year?

Then why have the Pats been merely average all season? The problem is that the Bills are merely average right now...or slightly below average, I'm afraid.

We'll see next week when New England plays the undefeated Colts how much they are "out to help the Patriots".

Mike

And you believe that crap? 

Then why did the Pats lose by 24 at home to a San Diego team that is down a notch from last year?

Then why have the Pats been merely average all season?  The problem is that the Bills are merely average right now...or slightly below average, I'm afraid.

We'll see next week when New England plays the undefeated Colts how much they are "out to help the Patriots".

Mike

492137[/snapback]

Again, I didn't say the refs were out to fix the game every week. I said that all calls seem to go in favor of the Patriots.

How can you dispute the replay of the "catch" that setup the beginning of the Pats comeback? Or the "missed" block in the back on #92 (right in front of the official I might add). Or the PI call against Moulds? When (aside from the game against the Pats in '98) can you remember such a lame call at the end of a game?

If the Bills had scored more points in the first three quarters, it wouldn't have mattered. However in a close game, the Pats always seem to get the calls whether intentional or not.

CW

Once the storm clouds dissapear, all's not bad.  The Bills went into the home of the defending World Champions, and held the lead deep into the fourth quarter, physically dominated the Pats, and had a 2-to-1 margin in time of possession.  It could be a harbinger of good things to come.

I think offensive playcalling might be shaky, FWIW.

492135[/snapback]

Problem is, your "defending world champions" played like sh--, and not for the first time this season. The drop-off in performance by the Pats this year, and the corresponding increase in performance by Notre Dame, makes one wonder if the genius behind Bill Belichek's coaching existed somewhere other than his own head...

If the Bills had scored more points in the first three quarters, it wouldn't have mattered. 

492144[/snapback]

Exactly. This team can't seem to get it done when it counts.

However, I thought it WAS a catch. And Moulds pushed off, which was pretty dumb, IMO.

Mike

Exactly.  This team can't seem to get it done when it counts.

However, I thought it WAS a catch.  And Moulds pushed off, which was pretty dumb, IMO.

Mike

492154[/snapback]

I think you were the only one who thought it was a catch... Even dumb, dumber, and dumbest thought it was incomplete. The Pats must've thought the same thing, since they rushed up to the line to try getting another play off right away.

I'm actually more upset about the missed clip (10 or 15 yard penalty, I can't remember) that was missed two or three plays later. When a player stands up and says, "What the hell, ref?!" (because he was clipped right in front of the ref), you know it's a blatant miss.

CW

I think you were the only one who thought it was a catch...  Even dumb, dumber, and dumbest thought it was incomplete.  The Pats must've thought the same thing, since they rushed up to the line to try getting another play off right away.

I'm actually more upset about the missed clip (10 or 15 yard penalty, I can't remember) that was missed two or three plays later.  When a player stands up and says, "What the hell, ref?!" (because he was clipped right in front of the ref), you know it's a blatant miss.

CW

492157[/snapback]

While I may not THINK it was a catch after watching the replay, i thought it was when the play occured. And after watching the replay, I also thought there was no way you could overturn it.

While the Moulds call was rinky dink, it was Offensive Pass Interferance.

Like I said, the refs didn't lose this game for us, it was the mental toughness, or lack thereof, that does this team in season after season

Like I said, the refs didn't lose this game for us, it was the mental toughness, or lack thereof, that does this team in season after season

492170[/snapback]

Agreed.

I just wish that for once we could play only the Patriots and lose 100% of our own accord instead of 95% of our own accord and 5% of the refs accord, you know? :(

CW

Having awful calls against you on critical plays certainly doesn't help! That was an awful call. What happens if the Bills have 1st and 10 at the 25? The game may have turned out differently so you can't say it was not a factor! It was!

Once in the past two years.

Maybe you should just "get over it"?  :(

492181[/snapback]

Actually, maybe a name change would be in order...but I'd hate to lose all of the love I feel from the rose colored glasses wearing sheep blinding following TD on this board. You seem to be in a PMS'ing little b-tch of a mood today. Are you upset you stayed up past your bedtime to watch your beloved's get bent over a table?

It's people like me that inact the changes needed....Not blind sheet that wear their colors proudly without demanding better. Now get your pom-poms out and start dissecting the Chiefs for week after next. perhaps you can figure out how to prevent them from rushing for 300 yards against this pathetic defense. Don't forget - cheer really loud and think "they'll win...they'll win...I know they will...". Sheep.

Agreed.

I just wish that for once we could play only the Patriots and lose 100% of our own accord instead of 95% of our own accord and 5% of the refs accord, you know? :(

CW

492173[/snapback]

That's it, Fez. Don't let the moral high-grounders keep you from complaining about something legitimate.

Since when was a conspiracy needed to complain about poor reffing? The play that miffed me most was the non-reversal of the catch, which was not at all about "evidence" or "angles". There was an angle where the ball very clearly moves. In today's NFL, that's not a catch. Can't say I love that rule, but I've seen it called countless times, and moreso, I've seen catch calls overturned with less movement than was there last night.

Tiny movement != Tiny evidence of movement

To be honest, despite the fact that it was an interesting call at the time, I have little problem with the PI on Moulds. At least that really happened a little bit, (just like the ball REALLY moved a little bit on the challenged play.)

Yes, the Bills blew it too. Yes, every team goes through things like this (though some more than others.) I'm sure Fez has a lot of complaints about the team too. What does that have to do with the officiating sucking?

It's people like me that inact the changes needed....

:( You actually think you control the team, even 0.0000000000001% ?!?!?!?!?!

:lol:

Delusions of grandeur at their finest. ;)

Thanks for the laugh. Sorry it was at your expense. :blink:

CW

I think Moulds and the guy pushed each other, but Eric's a little stronger, so it looked like he interfered. It was an unnecessary call.

But the Bills had chances to stop the Pats, and they did not get it done. It was a valiant effort on the road, much better effort than they showed in Oakland.

Maybe there is hope. Chiefs will be tough, they've got a strong offense, but not much defense. Who's favored?

Exactly.  This team can't seem to get it done when it counts.

However, I thought it WAS a catch.  And Moulds pushed off, which was pretty dumb, IMO.

Mike

492154[/snapback]

I agree Moulds earned the flag- on the other play the network offered us just one angle but even on that it appeared very clear to me that the ball visibly moved when he hit the playing surface. I can't believe there wasn't any other look at that play with it being ESPN's one big viewership shot each week.

It's people like me that inact the changes needed....

492199[/snapback]

No, it's people like you that drive posters away and make people hate the sport in general... You know, miserable bastards who think that when the Bills win it validates their existance.

The Bills winning a Super Bowl doesn't make the losers in the seats winners....

Actually, maybe a name change would be in order...but I'd hate to lose all of the love I feel from the rose colored glasses wearing sheep blinding following TD on this board.  You seem to be in a PMS'ing little b-tch of a mood today.  Are you upset you stayed up past your bedtime to watch your beloved's get bent over a table?

It's people like me that inact the changes needed....Not blind sheet that wear their colors proudly without demanding better.  Now get your pom-poms out and start dissecting the Chiefs for week after next.  perhaps you can figure out how to prevent them from rushing for 300 yards against this pathetic defense.  Don't forget - cheer really loud and think "they'll win...they'll win...I know they will...".  Sheep.

492199[/snapback]

I suggest "Member 5070 Swallows"

It seems appropriate.

While the Moulds call was rinky dink, it was Offensive Pass Interferance.

492170[/snapback]

Disagree with you on that one. He marginally pushed off much before the ball got there. Most of the cases, the officials let it go. Fez's point is that these kind of calls - potentially game changing at critical times - is what always seem to go NE's way (esp in NE). Even the idiotic Paul Maguire initially said that is not PI and then the Pu$$y changed his tune after the official call.

If you don't think the refs handed thae game to the Pats you are an idiot. NO team can overcome refs when they want one team to win over another. All the refs have to do is not overturn an obvious non catch, call offensive pass interference on a critical play, ( or holding - real popular call when refs want to stop a drive ). I beleive NFL games ( not just the Bills ) are being predetermined who will win or lose ala wrestling.

491861[/snapback]

Absoultely. We didn't lose becuase of the officials. We lost becuase we played poorly in crunch time. All teams get calls are going to get there share of calls during the season, but its the good teams that take advantage of them.

Damn Rosa Parks and MLK Jr. for demanding fair treatment, instead of just changing the color of their skin!  Whiners.  :ph34r:

495867[/snapback]

speaking of Rosa Parks, not to take anything away from what she accomplished, but when I was in Junior/Senior High, the back of the bus was were all the cool people sat.