Dilbert

Fan in Chicago

Anyone who has ever worked in an IT dept., would swear that the guy who writes the Dilbert cartoons is employed at your place of work..  He is on the money almost 100% of the time.

35085[/snapback]

He worked in a cubicle for Pacific Bell (now SBC) in San Ramon, CA. He kept the job for the first year or two of the strip. They "advised" him that he should devote all his time to the strip.

He accepts ideas for the strip. I sent one in and part of it was in a strip a few months later.

He's approachable. He owns two restaurants and once a month he appears and signs books you bring in or drop off in person.

He accepts ideas for the strip.  I sent one in and part of it was in a strip a few months later.

35220[/snapback]

What was your idea? I'm just wondering if I'd remember it. I know I have a few things I've seen at work that may be good for a strip or two.

I told him that a week after they laid off most of the R+D in the company, the company had a Scientific Advisory Board meeting. The Chief Science Officer said that the meeting was the best ever. In a strip he had the pointy haired boss saying that to finance the future products the company had, they were going lay off the R+D department. So it was sort of in there.

Go to the web site for the strip for contact info. I get the Dogbert's New Ruling Class Newsletter- it comes out sporadically. Has true tales of In-duh-viduals and cow-orkers (people who don't belong to Dogberts's New Ruling Class-(those people who will take over when the revolution comes because of their superior intellect :blush: )).

One of my favorite stips was someone telling Dilbert "I'm here to con you and insult you- I'm a consultant."