Mayor wants to keep Mexicans out of his city

Did Nagin mean he's concerned about ILLEGAL immigrants, or Mexicans, in general? Huge difference.

Either way, the Black Democrats..and Democrats as a whole are shitting water BIG time. They know their New Orleans stronghold is about to go up in smoke one way or the other, be it from residents who evacuated and wont come back or because new folks, like these workers, are now in New Orleans to stay.

I don't know a thing about Nagin, and I am NOT a fan of Jesse Jackson, who I consider a modern day gangster, but poor choice of words aside, (saying "Mexicans" instead of Illegal Aliens), and putting aside their greedy political motivation, could they in fact be correct?

If these workers ARE illegal (does anyone seriously doubt this?), I would rather see them deported than taking American jobs. I hope that Jackson DOES pay for buses and bring potential workers back to the city.

It seems as if a devestated city in America is being rebuilt by tax dollars being shelled out to companies who are saving money by hiring illegal workers.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture? :ph34r:

I don't know a thing about Nagin, and I am NOT a fan of Jesse Jackson, who I consider a modern day gangster, but poor choice of words aside, (saying "Mexicans" instead of Illegal Aliens), and putting aside their greedy political motivation, could they in fact be correct?

If these workers ARE illegal (does anyone seriously doubt this?), I would rather see them deported than taking American jobs. I hope that Jackson DOES pay for buses and bring potential workers back to the city.

It seems as if a devestated city in America is being rebuilt by tax dollars being shelled out to companies who are saving money by hiring illegal workers.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?  :ph34r:

481004[/snapback]

No, Bill, you're way off. Get on message! NAGIN BAD!

[/sarcasm]

Your point is extremely well taken, but the possibility does loom that he is right.

481389[/snapback]

He wants New Orleans residents to get the jobs in New Orleans - I don't see the problem with this, but everyone is so polarized about Ray Nagin now, it must be a bad thing.

Good thing he's not a white Republican, otherwise he'd be a racist.

481368[/snapback]

Thanks, once again on the PPP we have been reminded for the umpteenth time that false charges of racism against white republicans is a bigger problem than actual racism. Whew, thank goodness because I almost forgot.

I simply can't imagine why the President is polling at 2% among African Americans. It really is a mystery.

Thanks, once again on the PPP we have been reminded for the umpteenth time that false charges of racism against white republicans is a bigger problem than actual racism.  Whew, thank goodness because I almost forgot. 

I simply can't imagine why the President is polling at 2% among African Americans.  It really is a mystery.

482129[/snapback]

I don't thnk that he said this at all Mickey. Where did he say that it was a "bigger problem" than actual racism?

I don't thnk that he said this at all Mickey. Where did he say that it was a "bigger problem" than actual racism?

482215[/snapback]

He didn't. Mickey just likes making sh-- up so that he can bash Republicans.

Your point is extremely well taken, but the possibility does loom that he is right.

481389[/snapback]

Obviously he is right. But it's more than a bit ironic that a Dem is whining about illegal immigrants in his city when it is the policies of the left wing that are ensuring that those people are granted "rights" in this country. See California and NYC for prime examples of this lunacy.

Obviously he is right.  But it's more than a bit ironic that a Dem is whining about illegal immigrants in his city when it is the policies of the left wing that are ensuring that those people are granted "rights" in this country.  See California and NYC for prime examples of this lunacy.

482679[/snapback]

He wants the Feds to protect him from so much from everything, he should be called "Bubble Boy Nagin". I'm sure he'll sue Bush and the GOP for damages if he doesn't get re-elected. He must be a graduate of Herm Edwards' School of Accountability.

Obviously he is right.  But it's more than a bit ironic that a Dem is whining about illegal immigrants in his city when it is the policies of the left wing that are ensuring that those people are granted "rights" in this country.  See California and NYC for prime examples of this lunacy.

482679[/snapback]

Sadly KD, I must admit that the repubs are not helping much either wrt protecting our borders. Recently, they are talking a good game, but I don't believe them.

Imo, it is unthinkable to have illegals "flooding" into N.O. while the government knows about it. It leads one to think that they condone it.