Sestak or Gilchrist?

Tony P

Which former Bills great should I put on a TB Jersey?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which former Bills great should I put on a TB Jersey?

• Tom Sestak
    • Cookie Gilchrist

I'm torn between my two favorite old-time Bills on which name to put on a Throw- back Jersey that I'm going to order. Sestak was the heart & soul of those AFL Championship teams but Cookie was the horse that they road.

Your opinions are appreciated!

Cookie was also a loon.  Go with Sestak.

480345[/snapback]

He was the AFL's 1st 1,000 yard per season running back, AND he lost his shirt on investments in Canadian (or Alaskan) mining companies. Is that what you mean?

Gilchrist was also locker room poison and was traded for his loon-acy!

Both are good choices...as is James.  But, of the two, Cookie get my vote.

480421[/snapback]

James wasn't on the Bills in those years was he? I think Butch Byrd, Charlie Warner, Hagood Clarke and George Saimes were the dbacks, Jacobs Tracey and Stratton at linebackers and Sestak Day Dunaway and McDole.

What about Billy Shaw as a possible inclusion for those who appreciate o linemen?

Pete Gogolak contributed too, but who wants a field goal kicker jersey?

James wasn't on the Bills in those years was he?  I think Butch Byrd, Charlie Warner, Hagood Clarke and George Saimes were the dbacks, Jacobs Tracey and Stratton at linebackers and Sestak Day Dunaway and McDole. 

What about Billy Shaw as a possible inclusion for those who appreciate o linemen?

480425[/snapback]

You're right, sorry. James cam in 68 or 69. So right after that era.

Yeah Byrd was the corner back then.

James wasn't on the Bills in those years was he?  I think Butch Byrd, Charlie Warner, Hagood Clarke and George Saimes were the dbacks, Jacobs Tracey and Stratton at linebackers and Sestak Day Dunaway and McDole. 

480425[/snapback]

Didn't know it was restricted to that era. He only said "old-time Bills". I think Robert James qualifies as an "old time Bill".

he lost his shirt on investments in Canadian (or Alaskan) mining companies. Is that what you mean?

480423[/snapback]

Didn't he lose a bunch on thousands of ear-muffs he bought in Canada and couldn't get them accross the border in time for a late-season Bills game?

Remember reading about that one time... :D

480425[/snapback]

Warner was also later, it was Booker Edgerson. (cant remember last week tho)