DAMN... the next two weeks.

Wow we're about to find out what this team is made out of. The next two weeks we'll be facing wounded animals in their dens. The Raiders need a win this week to turn their season around, and their players (and fans) are gonna be fired up. They will be physical as always, and despite their weak stats, their D is stout up the middle, from Sapp/Washington back to Charles Woodson at free safety.

Then comes New England, who are reeling from a horrid loss in Denver, and will have two weeks to prepare. Oh, and this is what, their 2nd or 3rd home game this season? It'll be LOUD. Plus they get Bruschi back just in time to shore up their struggling run defense... ugh.

Time to find out if our guys have stones. Bring it on.

Wow we're about to find out what this team is made out of.  The next two weeks we'll be facing wounded animals in their dens.  The Raiders need a win this week to turn their season around, and their players (and fans) are gonna be fired up.  They will be physical as always, and despite their weak stats, their D is stout up the middle, from Sapp/Washington back to Charles Woodson at free safety.

Then comes New England, who are reeling from a horrid loss in Denver, and will have two weeks to prepare.  Oh, and this is what, their 2nd or 3rd home game this season?  It'll be LOUD.  Plus they get  Bruschi back just in time to shore up their struggling run defense... ugh.

Time to find out if our guys have stones.  Bring it on.

480040[/snapback]

Bruschi will NOT be back in time for the Bils game.

The Raiders are a beat up team with a good running game. We will get to Collins 5 times and take the passing game out of the equation but Lamont Jordan could hurt us if he gets to the secondary during his runs.

CMON Fletcher,Posey ,and Crowell we need you guys to come up BIG!

I like the Bills winning in Oakland. I think Willis gets it done and the other Kelly breaks 200 yards and throws a couple of td's. Oakland keeps it close as the Bills have difficulty with Lamont Jordan but the passing d is all over Kerry Collins and gets a few picks (especially if Moss is out). Bills win 20-17.

BTW Oakland is ranked 10th in the afc against the run and 15th against the pass (14th in overall defense in the afc according to nfl.com)

Now New England the week after...let's talk after the Raider game. :(

I don't think we have that much success running the football against the raiders. Their entire dline in the 4-3 base is close to over 300lbs each

Bobby Hamilton-285

Ted Washington-365 (if he's only 365 I'm the toothfairy)

Warren Sapp- 300 (same as Ted, he's probably close to 330-340)

Tommy Kelley- 300

olb- tyler brayton- 285

Olb- Grant Irons- 285

Mlb- Danny Clark- 250

I believe rushing yards will be hard to come by, however the raiders can be had with plenty of short passes and wr screens. Make their lb's run sideline to sideline to tire them out and later in the game attack them with the run game. This is another game we should win, but the raiders are also a little better then their record indicates. I'll still be bummed if we don't win this though.

didnt u see what LT did to them? we need to give the ball to willis this game and he'll dominate

I don't think we have that much success running the football against the raiders. Their entire dline in the 4-3 base is close to over  300lbs each

Bobby Hamilton-285

Tommy Kelley- 300

olb- tyler brayton- 285

Olb- Grant Irons- 285

Mlb-  Danny Clark- 250

I believe rushing yards will be hard to come by, however the raiders can be had with plenty of short passes and wr screens. Make their lb's run sideline to sideline to tire them out and later in the game attack them with the run game.  This is another game we should win, but the raiders are also a little better then their record indicates. I'll still be bummed if we don't win this though.

480076[/snapback]

didnt u see what LT did to them? we need to give the ball to willis this game and he'll dominate

480085[/snapback]

no I really didn't watch the sd/oakland game just saw the highligts of tomlinson wide open on his td reception. Which is why I said plenty of short passes, make their backers run sideline to sideline covering rb's and te's and they can be had for the running game as the game progresses.

We're definitly gonna run this game, but I just think it's a better idea to tire them out by making their backers respect the pass game forcing them into coverage which they're not good at, then having them crowd the line of scrimmage and due to the size of their front 7 I think it will be problemmatic to run.

I don't think we have that much success running the football against the raiders. Their entire dline in the 4-3 base is close to over  300lbs each

Bobby Hamilton-285

Tommy Kelley- 300

olb- tyler brayton- 285

Olb- Grant Irons- 285

Mlb-  Danny Clark- 250

I believe rushing yards will be hard to come by, however the raiders can be had with plenty of short passes and wr screens. Make their lb's run sideline to sideline to tire them out and later in the game attack them with the run game.  This is another game we should win, but the raiders are also a little better then their record indicates. I'll still be bummed if we don't win this though.

480076[/snapback]

If they are that big, they have to be giving up something, namely mobility. The obvious counter to their size is to run outside and use a lot of pulling linemen. Ted Washington will have a heart attack if he tries to chase Willis McGahee to the sideline on every play.

I don't know why everyone is so worried about NE having an extra week to prepare.  What good will it do them if they don't know who our starting QB is?

480307[/snapback]

:D:doh:0:)

It is a must WIN game for the Raiders....They are going to come out charging

out of the gate....We need to be as pumped as them to win this game....

480626[/snapback]

Well, one would think that the Bills certainly need to win one of the next two games to contend, so this is certainly a critical football game for us as well.

The Raiders defense is not all that. As far as I am concerned, TW and Sapp are obese has beens. If Moss is truly out, this will serve to limit the entire offense as well.

As for the Bills, it is hard to know what to expect right now.

Although I was one who wanted to keep Bledsoe, I too bought into the JP hype. I expected to see him using his mobility and completing passes with his "cannon," instead of giving high fives on the sidelines. The injury to TKO was devestating as well.

The thing is, Crowell might not be so bad. Also, with KH, the Bills will be less exciting than we had expected, but perhaps more efficient.

The OL is healthy, for what it's worth. The QB has done his job for 2 weeks. MM is growing into his job imo. We are strong at DE, WR, CB, and perhaps other critical positions. MaGahee is pretty good too. :doh: There is no reason for me to believe that we cannot beat this disaster of a raider team on the road.

The jests are done. Goodbye! :D The phish suck and NE is hampered by coaching losses and injuries.

I want this game in the worst way!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!