Who knocked the Jets player on his ass

Thailog80

At the end of the game? Was it Teague? That was pretty funny.

477689[/snapback]

I don't know, but I did see Reed knock a Jet on his ass clearing the way for a Bill first down. Do we have the best blocking receivers in the league? I can't beleive I'm saying this but I wouldn't mind seeing Reed stick around after this season.

477689[/snapback]

That was a smackdown by Teague. Funny thing is, the Jets did nothing about it. Either Ellis was acting or they just thought "!@#$ it, game's over".

I don't know, but I did see Reed knock a Jet on his ass clearing the way for a Bill first down.

477710[/snapback]

Josh Reed won the "unsung hero" award yesterday. Terrific downfield blocking.

He's quietly having a great year; I hope they figure out how to get him on the field when Roscoe comes back.

477689[/snapback]

I Tivo'd it as well and played it back a few times since it seemed amusing to me at the time. I am pretty sure that it was Teague who was hit by Ellis but that it was actually Bennie Anderson who sent Ellis flying in retaliation for what he did to Teague.

did anyone see the play where Milloy was sent on a blitz of the left edge and before he could even make it to the line of scrimmage the TE Baker released and knocked milloy on his ass, it was funny because it seemed like baker wasnt even paying attention and the contact with milloy was nothing.

did anyone see the play where Milloy was sent on a blitz of the left edge and before he could even make it to the line of scrimmage the TE Baker released and knocked milloy on his ass, it was funny because it seemed like baker wasnt even paying attention and the contact with milloy was nothing.

Baker is a big boy and he suckered Milloy into thinking he was trying to get a clean release. At that point Milloy can't break down and take him on or there's no chance he's going to get home on time on the blitz. His only two choices are to try and go around Baker which is going to make him later to the QB; or to try and slip by Baker, exposing himself to a big shot in the hopes that the TE will head out on the route and Milloy can finish his blitz in a timely manner.

Milloy chose the more courageous second option in hopes of making the blitz effective and preventing his teammates from being hung out to dry. He got knocked ass over tincups for his efforts but I think the pass was incomplete and the Jets were forced to punt anyways.

Props to Lawyer for being willing to sacrifice his exposed body in an effort to make a play.

Cya

billsfanone Posted Today, 04:32 PM

I'm guessing you're not talking about this play:

http://cmsimg.democratandchronicle.com/app...xW=550&MaxH=430

I remember that play. :blink:

I knew McGahee threw the stiff arm, but I did not see who was blocking the Jets defender. Reed is doing great this season, I hope the Bills give him a new contract by season's end.

BTW, after the interception by McGee, we had the 2 personal fouls on the Jets & Bills. I saw the penalty of Wayne Chrebet on tv, but did not see the penalty called on Eric King. Did anyone else see this?

478410[/snapback]

Milloy got even later in the game. He nailed McCairns by the sideline after a reception and the guy had to take the next play off, it looked like his eyes were rolling. Troy Vincent on the other hand hits like a girl. I used to love when Kurt Shultx would nail someone when he was our free safety.

BTW definite props to Aiken for his block on Fast Freddie's td and to Reed for blocking on Mould's td. That was some textbook stuff (especially Reed's block).

Josh Reed won the "unsung hero" award yesterday.  Terrific downfield blocking.

He's quietly having a great year; I hope they figure out how to get him on the field when Roscoe comes back.

477998[/snapback]

Lee isn't so bad either. He sprang Eric for that TD.

I got it Tivo'd

It was Teague,  He threw that guy about 5 feet.  Me and the wife were laughing.

Ellis kept pushing his way to the QB after the play and Teague pushed him up and out.  That was funny.  I can audio/video clip it to the computer if anybody missed it.

477999[/snapback]

Yes, please share. Thanks for the offer.

I have to agree, Josh Reed made that one defender look silly with that block. He destroyed him....

478392[/snapback]

I'm guessing you're not talking about this play:

http://cmsimg.democratandchronicle.com/app...xW=550&MaxH=430

478412[/snapback]

Reed was all over the field blocking; he was the man going left and right in backfield and was acting like he needed to knock over defenders to keep his job. Great game for him which shows you that individual stats do not mean everything.