Full Strength

Casey D

to see if the return of Williams, Villarrial and Euhus, along with the possiblility of Parrish playing, will give this offense a significant boost. With Holcomb at QB, and the starting O-line having a chance to play together for the first time since early in game 2, the O should be much better if it is inherently any good at all. We should get a much better idea of what we really have after Sunday... CD

to see if the return of Williams, Villarrial and Euhus, along with the possiblility of Parrish playing, will give this offense a significant boost.  With Holcomb at QB, and the starting O-line having a chance to play together for the first time since early in game 2, the O should be much better if it is inherently any good at all. We should get a much better idea of what we really have after Sunday... CD

474763[/snapback]

Interesting indeed. Once these guys return, TD will have pretty much the team that he wanted in place, other than of course the loss of TKO, one of the best LBs in the NFL. :doh:

The jests, although they have some talent, are in far worse shape than the Bills.

Fabini (who was injured and moved to RT), Mahwae, and Kendall are on the wrong side of 30, and average close to 4 million each.

Pennington will count a whopping 15 million dollars toward their cap next year, including a staggering 3 million dollar roster bonus on 03/01/06.

Abraham, a ufa, will almost certainly not be back. They are said to be 28 million over the 06 cap.

In summary, the wheels are falling off. :)

I am forced here to say that yes, I have been critical of TD's philosophy, but he really should be credited for not placing the Bills in this kind of a mess.

Curtis Martin makes a mint as well, and has a ton of miles. People mentioned hall of fame possibilities for Drew yesterday. Some made the point that stats are not everything. Perhaps this could also apply to Martin? Yes, he was a fine back and a fine person, but his durability also was a factor in his overall stats imo.

My point is that with Vinnie at qb and the Bills playing at home, I can't see any real excuses for the Bills not being able to contain a wobbly old Curtis Martin. The goal is to force an aged Vinnie to pass (imo).

The hard part of this game will probably be stopping Ellis and Abraham, a fine pair of DEs. To do so (imo), we simply MUST be able to run the football. An early lead could do wonders as well to stop them from teeing off on our qb.

We truly need this game. A home win against this type of team which is also a divisional rival is crucial for us to have much of a chance in this division.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent. Back to the gadget plays !

"End around statue of liberty reverse sneak implosion, on 2 ( clap ) " .

474769[/snapback]

This is why I keep coming back here every day!

I just can't imagine this place without Mark.

Excellent. Back to the gadget plays !

"End around statue of liberty reverse sneak implosion, on 2 ( clap ) " .

474769[/snapback]

The dog does have a point. Recall the instant improvement in our defense when both Milloy & Vincent got back in the lineup.

The dog does have a point.  Recall the instant improvement in our defense when both Milloy & Vincent got back in the lineup.

474973[/snapback]

Agreed. Unfortunately, I increasingly find myself on the "offensive playcalling sucks" bandwagon. It'll be great to get the full force group together, but it does you no good if an idiot like me...a guy who has never ONCE played or coached high school football, so you KNOW I'm an idiot...can see what play we're running based on the formation.

When the other teams knows what you're doing, you don't have a chance.

to see if the return of Williams, Villarrial and Euhus, along with the possiblility of Parrish playing, will give this offense a significant boost.  With Holcomb at QB, and the starting O-line having a chance to play together for the first time since early in game 2, the O should be much better if it is inherently any good at all. We should get a much better idea of what we really have after Sunday... CD

474763[/snapback]

i hope everett can suit up this year........i think his precense (a big pass catching TE who can exploit defenses down the seam) is more important then roscoe's......reed is currently doing a good job as 3rd WR, but our TE's have been disappointing.......

Agreed. Unfortunately, I increasingly find myself on the "offensive playcalling sucks" bandwagon. It'll be great to get the full force group together, but it does you no good if an idiot like me...a guy who has never ONCE played or coached high school football, so you KNOW I'm an idiot...can see what play we're running based on the formation.

474986[/snapback]

im with you. im excited about us being close to 100% offensively but cautiously optimistic about what we do this weekend because of the playcalling as of late. i agree about the predictability as well. but maybe this weekend we get to find out how good this offense can be, or cannot be. we'll see. now im excited! in today's paper clements agreed that we NEED to take more shots downfield. with roscoe possibly coming in maybe that becomes more of a realistic possibility.

I am forced here to say that yes, I have been critical of TD's philosophy, but he really should be credited for not placing the Bills in this kind of a mess.

Unfortunately, I increasingly find myself on the "offensive playcalling sucks" bandwagon.

But, and this is TD's fatal flaw, he has never made the OL a priority. If he did that in Year 1 or 2 of his era, we'd have a playoff team right now. Comparing what we have done, and yes looking at DB's stats with Dallas, I'm becoming more and more convinced that the problem with the Bills over the last few years has been, and always will be the OL. That must be fixed for this team to ever even consider playoffs. I don't really care if it means letting Moulds go, we MUST build an OL that can run a power rushing attack, keep our D fresh, and control the line of scrimmage. It all starts and ends with the OL.

But, and this is TD's fatal flaw, he has never made the OL a priority.  If he did that in Year 1 or 2 of his era, we'd have a playoff team right now. 

475065[/snapback]

I agree with you here, but at the expense of what else? I assume you mean TD should have drafted a few young OL's, as well as sign one or maybe two through FA. What would this have cost the Bills, or, what do we have now that we wouldn't be able to have if we had 2-3 superb linemen? Maybe not drafting Willis or Lee Evans? Or a FA pickup like Milloy?

I agree with you about the line, but you can't just say give me the team we have now plus 4 in-demand lineman. There has to be a tradeoff somewhere.

And remember the team TD took over. The OL was a problem, but consider who/what they were blocking for. Trading a #1 to get Bledsoe made the team relevant again. He addressed the OL with the #4 overall on Mike Williams, who seemed like a "can't miss" coming out of college. I wouldn't disagree that Big Mike has underperformed and is overpaid, but he is still young enough to make himself worthy of that pick and that contract. Hopefully he does...

And remember the team TD took over.  The OL was a problem, but consider who/what they were blocking for.  Trading a #1 to get Bledsoe made the team relevant again.  He addressed the OL with the #4 overall on Mike Williams, who seemed like a "can't miss" coming out of college.  I wouldn't disagree that Big Mike has underperformed and is overpaid, but he can still make himself worthy of that pick and that contract.  Hopefully he does...

475085[/snapback]

"Kool-Aid's here, wearing a smile. Good-bye thirst! Smile for a while!" :)

I agree with you here, but at the expense of what else?  I assume you mean TD should have drafted a few young OL's, as well as sign one or maybe two through FA.  What would this have cost the Bills, or, what do we have now that we wouldn't be able to have if we had 2-3 superb linemen?  Maybe not drafting Willis or Lee Evans?  Or a FA pickup like Milloy? 

I agree with you about the line, but you can't just say give me the team we have now plus 4 in-demand lineman.  There has to be a tradeoff somewhere.

And remember the team TD took over.  The OL was a problem, but consider who/what they were blocking for.  Trading a #1 to get Bledsoe made the team relevant again.  He addressed the OL with the #4 overall on Mike Williams, who seemed like a "can't miss" coming out of college.  I wouldn't disagree that Big Mike has underperformed and is overpaid, but he is still young enough to make himself worthy of that pick and that contract.  Hopefully he does...

475085[/snapback]

um how bout at the expense of the playoff drought. We have all the flashy players you could ask for but we need an OL just look at the Kelly-era OL they were unreal.

I agree with you about the line, but you can't just say give me the team we have now plus 4 in-demand lineman. There has to be a tradeoff somewhere.

And remember the team TD took over. The OL was a problem, but consider who/what they were blocking for. Trading a #1 to get Bledsoe made the team relevant again. He addressed the OL with the #4 overall on Mike Williams, who seemed like a "can't miss" coming out of college. I wouldn't disagree that Big Mike has underperformed and is overpaid, but he can still make himself worthy of that pick and that contract. Hopefully he does...

No question about it that there must be a trade-off. Maybe we can't sign Milloy or Vincent. Maybe we don't draft Evans or or Denney or Ron Edwards. I think we'd be better off. If TD set out to build a dominant OL from the start, we'd have a line that could keep the D fresh, control the clock, given Buffalo's weather it would be our best chance to succeed & give a young team of skill players a chance to grow. It would be the ultimate security blanket.

474986[/snapback]

While there is some validity to this, I don't fully buy into it. To me, football is one part planning, one part execution.

Just ask New England. When San Diego got the ball on their 25 in the fourth quarter with a 14-point lead to protect, everyone and their mother knew what they were going to do. Run, run again, and then run some more. 11 runs (and 3 passes, all on 3rd down) later, they were kicking a short figgie to put it away.

New England knew what the plan was, but they couldn't stop it anyway.

474763[/snapback]

Its actually ALMOST full strength....but I understand what you mean.

No Takeo...hurts

Also the loss of our 2nd round TE has hurt us a lot this year as well.....the word I get is this guy is a VERY good TE. A difference maker.

Guest BackInDaDay
Its actually ALMOST full strength....but I understand what you mean.

No Takeo...hurts

Also the loss of our 2nd round TE has hurt us a lot this year as well.....the word I get is this guy is a VERY good TE.  A difference maker.

475173[/snapback]

Don't write off Euhus, I think he's the best athlete we have at that position until Everett gets back. He was getting more involved in the O before getting hurt, and was good at sealing the corner for Willis.

BTW - Are your boys ready for the limelite? <_<

i hope everett can suit up this year........i think his precense (a big pass catching TE who can exploit defenses down the seam) is more important then roscoe's..

474994[/snapback]

Hmm, I don't agree. When thinking of how Roscoe could impact this team, think of him as a Steve Smith type, not a Dave Megget type.

I watch a LOT of ACC football, and that Roscie guy just has "it". Every time he touched the ball, something good happened for the 'Canes.

I think the Panthers were shocked at what Steve Smith could do. Sure they knew he could be a weapon on Kick returns, but man does he fight for the ball on passes, and plays way bigger than his size. The Panthers got smart and worked him in to become the feature of the passing game.

My fingers are crossed we have the same weapon in Roscoe. And boy is he fun to watch on kick and punt returns.