Is Big Mike gonna play anytime soon?

KRT88

Hate to say this but we need Big Mike in the lineup!

Anyone know his status for the game (this week)?

474750[/snapback]

Yes, he's going to play as long as his mommy brings him to the stadium and she packs his bags and his teddy bear for a sleep over.

Hate to say this but we need Big Mike in the lineup!

Anyone know his status for the game (this week)?

474750[/snapback]

I read that he did play last week on special teams a couple times.

Is this true?

Come on.  Resent him for the big money he makes, but what real evidence is there that he is soft?  IMHO.....

Big Money + Car accident + Grandma dies + non-Pro=Bowler does not = soft.

475472[/snapback]

Money + Car accident + Grandma + no ProBowl + missed games = softie.

I read that he did play last week on special teams a couple times.

Is this true?

475475[/snapback]

From http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3441

"Although Williams did not see action offensively, he did dress and contributed on placekicking teams - field goal and PAT units. "

The Bills Blog said he practiced Wednesday, FWIW:

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/?topic_id=13

Come on.  Resent him for the big money he makes, but what real evidence is there that he is soft?  IMHO.....

Big Money + Car accident + Grandma dies + non-Pro=Bowler does not = soft.

475472[/snapback]

Big Money (and great expectations for a #4 overall pick ) + (Dumb a$$) Car accident + Grandma dies (unfortunately everybody expects a Favre like performance when a family member dies) + (lack of ) Pro Bowl seasons does not = soft (but it does equal disappointing).

It turns out his ankle sprain is a high ankle sprain, which is notoriously slow to heel.  That's why it's been several weeks.  Bills Daily says he's practiced this week.

http://www.billsdaily.com/injury/

475499[/snapback]

Don't let facts prevent people from making tirades against players they do not like and players they did want signed in first place.

Don't let facts prevent people from making tirades against players they do not like and players they did want signed in first place.

475538[/snapback]

It sure is nice to see you posting more...

2002 was not really a good draft for anyone. Yes we could and should have taken Roy, instead on Mike. The only other star available to us was out of that draft is Freeney, and he had not been shut down by McKinnie earlier that year, might have been our pick.

2002 was not really a good draft for anyone. Yes we could and should have taken Roy, instead on Mike.

Have you seen people running by Roy Williams the last couple years? He's beginning to look like a pylon on a Nascar track.

We only had two options to escape the first round of that draft without terribly overpaying for a high pick.

One was to intentionally tank our game vs. Carolina and end up with Peppers at #2, instead they were the ones who ran for the busses in the 2nd qrtr.

The second was to trade down, but apparently nobody wanted to move up into the top of that crappy draft.

We picked the wrong year to purge the roster and it's not Mike Williams' or TD's or Greg Williams' or anybody else's fault.

Cya

Have you seen people running by Roy Williams the last couple years? He's beginning to look like a pylon on a Nascar track.

We only had two options to escape the first round of that draft without terribly overpaying for a high pick.

One was to intentionally tank our game vs. Carolina and end up with Peppers at #2, instead they were the ones who ran for the busses in the 2nd qrtr.

The second was to trade down, but apparently nobody wanted to move up into the top of that crappy draft.

We picked the wrong year to purge the roster and it's not Mike Williams' or TD's or Greg Williams' or anybody else's fault.

Cya

475574[/snapback]

I see your point, but only to a degree. Levi Jones was thought to be a late first round pick. Cincy "reached" and grabbed him at #10.

Simon, we have fun on this board with the draft. We watch some college games and read reports, but TD was getting paid the big bucks to evaluate talent.

I fail to see how you can find NO fault when he skipped over a LT who is playing quite well to select a RT with a weight problem with the 4th pick of a draft; any draft.

Please, do not construe this as a complete "I hate TD post." It is not. I too have been watching the NFL for a long time and am quite able to see many good moves that he has made for the Bills.

That said, a bust is a bust. MW, via his selection and signing by TD, is hurting the Buffalo Bills Fotball Team via his salary cap figure as compared to his production, and has been since day one.

Jmo my friend, jmo.

I see your point, but only to a degree. Levi Jones was thought to be a late first round pick. Cincy "reached" and grabbed him at #10.

Simon, we have fun on this board with the draft. We watch some college games and read reports, but TD was getting paid the big bucks to evaluate talent.

I fail to see how you can find NO fault when he skipped over a LT who is playing quite well to select a RT with a weight problem with the 4th pick of a draft; any draft.

Please, do not construe this as a complete "I hate TD post." It is not. I too have been watching the NFL for a long time and am quite able to see many good moves that he has made for the Bills.

That said, a bust is a bust. MW, via his selection and signing by TD, is hurting the Buffalo Bills Fotball Team via his salary cap figure as compared to his production, and has been since day one.

Jmo my friend, jmo.

475586[/snapback]

Oh I wanna play

Ooh pa rum pa pum pum, pa rum pa, pa rum pa, pum pum

Yeah pa rum pa pum pum

Playing on my drum (playing on my drum)

Ooh pa rum pa pum pum, pa rum pa, pa rum pa, pum pum

Yeah pa rum pa pum pum

Playing on my drum

Jmo my friend, jmo.

475586[/snapback]

you are correct.

Teflon Tom panicked when Detroit stole Joey Harrington and made no serious attempt to trade down- (he sure can identify QB talent)

You disagree because you thought the Bills should have drafted Levi Jones at #4 overall? And you fault TD for not drafting Levi JOnes at #4 overall?! :o

I can only assume you're pulling my leg a little this morning.

MW, via his selection and signing by TD, is hurting the Buffalo Bills Fotball Team via his salary cap figure as compared to his production, and has been since day one.

I don't agree that our best Tackle is hurting the team via his production. And as far as his cap figure, I just don't see the point of lamenting a 3 years gone situation from which there was simply no escape. The only thing worth lamenting is what this defense would look like with Julius Peppers lining up at End, and even that is only worth about a post a year.

We were stuck in a shltty place and did as well as can reasonably be expected.

Teflon Tom panicked when Detroit stole Joey Harrington and made no serious attempt to trade down- (he sure can identify QB talent)

<_<;);):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: