Mike Vick

nuklz2594

I am bored and griping about the Bills is getting old. I watched the Pats-Falcons game last week. How smart are the Chargers looking now by not drafting Vick? I think Vick needs to produce very quicikly. Matt Schaub is a much better qb than Vick can over hope to be. The Pats would have had an easier time defending against Vick than they did against Schaub. Vick is nothing more than over glorified rb. Don't be surprised if Vick is gone from the Falcons sooner rather than later. Who would you draft now LT or Vick?

I just want to state, that I wanted the Bills to draft Matt Shaub instead of Losman. I bet there are many posts in the stadium wall archive where I said so. Not that I'm complaining about having Losman as a QB, I just don't think he was worth all of the picks we gave up for him, when Shaub could easily be had with a 3rd rounder. Well maybe I am complaining.

I am bored and griping about the Bills is getting old.  I watched the Pats-Falcons game last week.  How smart are the Chargers looking now by not drafting Vick?  I think Vick needs to produce very quicikly.  Matt Schaub is a much better qb than Vick can over hope to be. The Pats would have had an easier time defending against Vick than they did against Schaub. Vick is nothing more than over glorified rb.  Don't be surprised if Vick is gone from the Falcons sooner rather than later.  Who would you draft now LT or Vick?

473879[/snapback]

Well Vick is a lot better than you think, but the Chargers also got Brees as part of that deal so yeah, Butler did pretty well in that draft.

I am bored and griping about the Bills is getting old.  I watched the Pats-Falcons game last week.  How smart are the Chargers looking now by not drafting Vick?  I think Vick needs to produce very quicikly.  Matt Schaub is a much better qb than Vick can over hope to be. The Pats would have had an easier time defending against Vick than they did against Schaub. Vick is nothing more than over glorified rb.  Don't be surprised if Vick is gone from the Falcons sooner rather than later.  Who would you draft now LT or Vick?

473879[/snapback]

Vick .....gone from the falcons ........not until he's busted in half!!!!!!!!!!!!

That maybe sooner than later, but I wouldn't bet on it......

Well Vick is a lot better than you think, but the Chargers also got Brees as part of that deal so yeah, Butler did pretty well in that draft.

473906[/snapback]

...though they didn't realize it until they drafted Brees' replacement...talk about lucking into a decision...

If you like Mike Vick, you'll love Marcus Vick. I'm still waiting for the rest of the Hokies season to play out, but Marcus is a very smooth operator who will only get better. I think he is every bit as exciting as his brother, and is ALOT more comfortable in the pocket. Can't wait to see how he develops over time.

That said, I fantasize about him wearing our uni some day.

If you like Mike Vick, you'll love Marcus Vick.  I'm still waiting for the rest of the Hokies season to play out, but Marcus is a very smooth operator who will only get better.  I think he is every bit as exciting as his brother, and is ALOT more comfortable in the pocket.  Can't wait to see how he develops over time.

That said, I fantasize about him wearing our uni some day.

473952[/snapback]

I think marcus will be better than mike, because hes a better passer than mike. But sorry dave, our 'noles are going to hafta take out your hokies in the ACC title game :blink:

Shaub may look ok playing in a dome in October, but he doesn't have the arm to play in Buffalo in December. He is totally overrated & if some other team wants to trade with Atlanta & become the 2000s version of the Bills & RJ, they can do it with my blessing. Please Miami or the Jets do it, you'll soon find out why trading a 1st for another team's mid-late round picked QB never works out. I can go back to Matt Robinson to Denver through RJ & even throw in Miami's stupid #2 for Feeley if you don't get it.

PS: Doug Johnson looked pretty good filling in at Atlanta a few years ago.

...though they didn't realize it until they drafted Brees' replacement...talk about lucking into a decision...

473949[/snapback]

The Chargers didn't really get Drew Brees in that deal anyway. The Chargers took Drew Brees with their own pick in the second round. And were completely disappointed in him for three full years. If Rivers didn't hold out, he likely could have started in game one and Drew Brees would have looked like a complete bust. Of course, JP gets four games.

The Chargers didn't really get Drew Brees in that deal anyway. The Chargers took Drew Brees with their own pick in the second round. And were completely disappointed in him for three full years. If Rivers didn't hold out, he likely could have started in game one and Drew Brees would have looked like a complete bust. Of course, JP gets four games.

473972[/snapback]

That's what I mean about "lucking into a decision." It's because his drafted replacement held out that they come out looking like geniuses in picking a good QB. They've spent what, 3 or 4 top 10 picks on QB's in the last 10 years and it's now a second-rounder that's getting it done for them? And of course in the meantime (and because of said "fall-back decision" that worked out for them) everyone extols the virtues of San Diego and how they are a better organization top to bottom, despite the fact that they've had 1 winning season in the last 10 years... :blink:

473879[/snapback]

You think Schaub is better than Vick?

Shaub may look ok playing in a dome in October, but he doesn't have the arm to play in Buffalo in December.  He is totally overrated & if some other team wants to trade with Atlanta & become the 2000s version of the Bills & RJ, they can do it with my blessing. Please Miami or the Jets do it, you'll soon find out why trading a 1st for another team's mid-late round picked QB never works out.  I can go back to Matt Robinson to Denver through RJ & even throw in Miami's stupid #2 for Feeley if you don't get it.

PS: Doug Johnson looked pretty good filling in at Atlanta a few years ago.

473966[/snapback]

Atlanta has already said they wouldn't even give Schaub up for a first rounder. They know exactly what they have in Schaub, Vick is goinjg to take his licks and more likely than not miss a few games each year. Schaub is to the Falcons what Reich was to the Bills, a great back up QB.

When Vick starts, the Falcons are 25-13-1. When Vick doesn't play, that same Falcons team is 9-18.

It's taken a while but the guy is indeed starting to win me over.

Cya

474000[/snapback]

thank you. in addition to that, speaking from a non-statistical standpoint Vick, when healthy, has gotten the Falcons to the playoffs every year and in most recently, deep into the playoffs. love him or hate him, they are very competitive with Vick.

throw in the obvious stuff like the fact that the dude is all over commercials and makes the falcons a bunch of money because of his jersey/style of play/etc. some have even dared to call him the Michael Jordan of football. until he wins a few super bowls i won't say that but he is pretty exciting - that you can't deny.

schaub is indeed a good back up. to say the falcons are going to part ways with vick and name schaub the starter as the poster originally indicated ranks up there as one of the all time worst statements in TBD's history. and this folks, is after ONE GAME!

Don't be surprised if Vick is gone from the Falcons sooner rather than later. 

473879[/snapback]

But who will Mr. Blank give back rubs to if Mikey leaves???? :blink:

And there is absolutely NO way anyone in the ACC beats the Hokies this year...

schaub is indeed a good back up. to say the falcons are going to part ways with vick and name schaub the starter as the poster originally indicated ranks up there as one of the all time worst statements in TBD's history. and this folks, is after ONE GAME!

474010[/snapback]

But he's bored today and tired of griping about the Bills.