19.Saimes

20.Andre Reed

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

re:5a

Chandler was his fav target during the 70s (I see you have him listed below). He wasn't much of an athlete, but he had awesome hands & was very productive. One of my all-time fav players. RIP.

Also, Jerry Butler. He was amazingly gifted. Unfortunately, a couple of serious injuries limited him.

re: 5a:

Jerry Butler?

He ought to there someplace...

Seems a bit heavy with the old guys.

Wolford, Ritcher and Devlin belong there. Tasker belongs there. Christie too. Andre should be higher. Washington, lower.

re: 5a:

Jerry Butler?

He ought to there someplace...

Seems a bit heavy with the old guys.

Wolford, Ritcher and Devlin belong there.  Tasker belongs there.  Christie too.  Andre should be higher.  Washington, lower.

472762[/snapback]

In mid-'86, Butler went down with a career ending knee injury. When he was placed on the IR, a roster spot opened up. The first addition for newly minted Head Coach Marv Levy? Steve Tasker!

Strange how these things come about.

1.  OJ

2.BRUCE

3.Robert James

4.Cookie

5.James Lofton

5a.-Im spacing on WR during Fergys time

6.Billy Shaw

6a.Ahmad Rashad

7.Joe D

7a.Ted Washington

8.Elbert Deubenion

9.Thurman

10.Marlon Briscoe

11.Smerlas

12.Hull

13.Moulds

14.J.D Hill

15.Haven Moses

16.Jim Kelly

17.Bobby Chandler

18.Sestak

19.Saimes

20.Andre Reed

472749[/snapback]

J.D. Hill ??? I always viewed him as a bust. Lofton was still very good when he arrived but his prime years were over. Sestak was twice the player Smerlas ever was. He was thee dominate DT of the AFL 60's. Thurman should be near the top of the list. He carried us during the SB years. Move Reed way up from #20.

Where's Mike Stratton ?

No way Thurman is that low. #4 at worst.

Robert James is #1. If you haven't at least seen him play one game, he was probably the first corner that teams game planned around. He wen't something like 4 years without having a TD thrown against him.

J.D. Hill ???  I always viewed him as a bust. Lofton was still very good when he arrived but his prime years were over. Sestak was twice the player Smerlas ever was. He was thee dominate DT of the AFL 60's. Thurman should be near the top of the list. He carried us during the SB years. Move Reed way up from #20.

Where's Mike Stratton ?

472798[/snapback]

I agree with your assessments. The first thing that I picked out from the original list was Ahmad Rashad??? Why is he on that list?

I agree with your assessments. The first thing that I picked out from the original list was Ahmad Rashad??? Why is he on that list?

472805[/snapback]

I guess he might mean best talents who wore a Bills uniform. Even those who were here for a very short time.

I guess he might mean best talents who wore a Bills uniforms. Even those who were here for a very short time.

472808[/snapback]

Hell, Eric Moulds should be ahead of Rashad. One less Pro Bowl, but Moulds has equal if not better overall stats. Even a case could be made for Frank Lewis, although I would put the overall career of Rashad ahead of Lewis.

Tough list to make. I'm not sure how this list was being made, by athletic talent alone or football skills/productivity.

either way, Ted Washington was the best d-tackle this team ever had. If the superbowl teams had Teddy in his prime they would have won at least two of those games.

And Jerry Butler has to be on that list somewhere.

I wouldn't include JD Hill on the list. I also would bump Lofton off and move Rashad much lower because their best work came elsewhere. If they stay on the list, I don't know why Darryl Lamonica isn't on the list.

I would add Biscuit and Talley.

1.  OJ

2.BRUCE

3.Robert James

4.Cookie

5.James Lofton

5a.-Im spacing on WR during Fergys time

6.Billy Shaw

6a.Ahmad Rashad

7.Joe D

7a.Ted Washington

8.Elbert Deubenion