Holy Crap

Mikie2times

I didn't think it looked all that bad.  Didn't really hyperextend too much, just kinda locked up.  Obviously that's a moot point if he is out for 6 weeks, but I have seen much worse.

Also, the Charger was knocked over and fell forward right as Ben was stepping into a throw.  Thankfully it was not an intentional knee shot- that would be tough for Steelers fans to take.

After watching Bills-Fins, anyone get the feeling we are nowhere near the top teams in the NFL?  Either of those teams would have slaughtered the Bills last night.

472877[/snapback]

Hush your mouth!

DonnaHo has built us a very excellent team - one that will be very competitive in this new age of free agency and he's kept us out of cap hell or prison or whatever the f that was. Name three thousand other executives that would have been able to do as much in so short a time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Bills-Fins, anyone get the feeling we are nowhere near the top teams in the NFL?  Either of those teams would have slaughtered the Bills last night.

472877[/snapback]

It hurts to say it, but I think the realization is just hitting me and a lot of us that we're in the lower teir of teams. Five years removed from the playoffs, 10 years removed from winning a playoff game.... We've largely built up with FAs in place of drafting players. It has all the hallmarks of a team not knowing what it's doing or where it's headed, from the highest levels down. About in the same boat as SD was in '98.

TD is a good team president, but as a GM, I've lost all confidence in him.

Link ? I cringed when I saw that hit - he was planting his leg just as a defender fell helmet first on the knee (Ouch !).

472864[/snapback]

word here in pittsburgh is hyperextended knee .....the steelers will not miss a beat with batch or maddox because they actually have an off. line that can play real smashmouth football....

One would think Donahoe learned something before they rode his ass outta dodge about drafting lineman ........if anybody wants to see smashmouth football watch the winning drive from last nights game ....bettis up the middle was unstoppable !!!!!!!!!!!.....Maybe someday the Bills can do that??????

word here in pittsburgh is hyperextended knee .....the steelers will not miss a beat with batch or maddox because they actually have an off. line that can play real smashmouth football....

One would think Donahoe learned something before they rode his ass outta dodge about drafting lineman ........if anybody wants to see smashmouth football watch the winning drive from last nights game ....bettis up the middle was unstoppable !!!!!!!!!!!.....Maybe someday the Bills can do that??????

472902[/snapback]

First I disagree that the Steelers will not miss a beat. Even though they have an offensive line, a big, accurate, scrambling passer like BR makes defenses plan differently.

And I do agree with the smash mouth stuff. Bettis really is money on 3rd and short.

It may just be hyperextended.  Here's to hoping.

Marty Schottenheimer may be the worst big game coach in NFL history.

472680[/snapback]

Marty reminds me of good old "ground" Chuck Knox. They can take a piss poor team and make them a respectable contender...but forget about going far in the playoffs.

You're both forgetting Marv Levy. As much as I hate to say it, Bills fans have no business calling out all time worst big game coaches. The Bills blew four of the biggest games in a row.

473101[/snapback]

I guess you don't consider the AFC Championship a Big Game. His team won four of those in a row. (For the record, you don't get to the SB if you don't win the Championship game...a little Football 101 for ya.)

Levy's plaoff record is 11-8. Got to 4 Superbowls

Marty's playoff record is 5-12. How many SBs for Marty?

Good old ground Chuck Knox was 7-11. How many SBs for Mr. Knox?

I guess you don't consider the AFC Championship a Big Game.  His team won four of those in a row.  (For the record, you don't get to the SB if you don't win the Championship game...a little Football 101 for ya.)

Levy's plaoff record is 11-8.  Got to 4 Superbowls

Marty's playoff record is 5-12.  How many SBs for Marty?

Good old ground Chuck Knox was 7-11.  How many SBs for Mr. Knox?

473111[/snapback]

A little football 101 for you also...it's just plain stupid for a Bills fan to even start arguing about other team's big game coaching flops. I'm sure you've heard the "people in glass houses" phrase.

You're both forgetting Marv Levy. As much as I hate to say it, Bills fans have no business calling out all time worst big game coaches. The Bills blew four of the biggest games in a row.

473101[/snapback]

Would you rather us not making it to the super bowl four years in a row?

I guess you don't consider the AFC Championship a Big Game.  His team won four of those in a row.  (For the record, you don't get to the SB if you don't win the Championship game...a little Football 101 for ya.)

Levy's plaoff record is 11-8.  Got to 4 Superbowls

Marty's playoff record is 5-12.  How many SBs for Marty?

Good old ground Chuck Knox was 7-11.  How many SBs for Mr. Knox?

473111[/snapback]

Don't forget Cowher.........5 outta 6 AFC championship loses AT HOME!!!!!!!!

Would you rather us not making it to the super bowl four years in a row?

473124[/snapback]

I was just amazed at seeing Bills fans making fun of big game coaching flops. As Bills fans we should excuse ourselves from that debate. Of course Levy was a better big game coach than those guys, but ridiculing other team's coaches for big game flops is hypocritical if you won't look at Levy's flops.

472902[/snapback]

Not to defend the state of the current Bills' OL, but how many times do we need to remind people that the core of Pitt's OL is comprised of players drafted before TD came to Buffalo?

Yeah, it would have been nice to add Jeff Hartings to Bills' roster in '01, which was impossible.

Since we're praising the greatness of Mr. AJ Smith, can we ask him why the administration of which he was a major part, thought that Eric Flowers was a better prospect than Marvel Smith? Or why did they insist that John Fina was an NFL LT, a position that wasn't upgraded for 7 years until TD drafted Jennings?

The major problem for TD's offensive lines is the ineffectiveness of Mike Williams & the failed Teague experiment at C. Unfortunately, he's been stuck with these two given the cap, and there isn't much room to maneuver until next year.

A little football 101 for you also...it's just plain stupid for a Bills fan to even start arguing about other team's big game coaching flops. I'm sure you've heard the "people in glass houses" phrase.

473122[/snapback]

At least the Bills could beat playoff teams under Levy. Schottenheimer's Chargers made it to the playoffs last year beating one playoff team (splitting with the Broncos), including of course the first round playoff loss to the Jets. So far it looks like they are doing the same this year...

At least the Bills could beat playoff teams under Levy.  Schottenheimer's Chargers made it to the playoffs last year beating one playoff team (splitting with the Broncos), including of course the first round playoff loss to the Jets.  So far it looks like they are doing the same this year...

473192[/snapback]

:doh: I'm not arguing whether Shottenheimer was a better coach than Levy, so far his career obviously is not as good as Marv's was. My point is that Bills fans laughing at other team's big game coaching flops is a laugh itself.

:doh: I'm not arguing whether Shottenheimer was a better coach than Levy, so far his career obviously is not as good as Marv's was. My point is that Bills fans laughing at other team's big game coaching flops is a laugh itself.

473208[/snapback]

Do you see me laughing? Only to the people who seem to have become Chargers' fans due to members of their recent and current management team and a misplaced sense of nostalgia. You may have indirectly taken a shot for others, but this isn't the first time comparisons between the Bills and Chargers have come up.

Not to defend the state of the current Bills' OL, but how many times do we need to remind people that the core of Pitt's OL is comprised of players drafted before TD came to Buffalo?

Yeah, it would have been nice to add Jeff Hartings to Bills' roster in '01, which was impossible. 

Since we're praising the greatness of Mr. AJ Smith, can we ask him why the administration of which he was a major part, thought that Eric Flowers was a better prospect than Marvel Smith?  Or why did they insist that John Fina was an NFL LT, a position that wasn't upgraded for 7 years until TD drafted Jennings?

The major problem for TD's offensive lines is the ineffectiveness of Mike Williams & the failed Teague experiment at C.  Unfortunately, he's been stuck with these two given the cap, and there isn't much room to maneuver until next year.

473189[/snapback]

*applause*