You think this is ugly?

Peter

If we lose on Sunday (the way that we have in the past three games) , these past few weeks are going to look pretty tame.

My wife keeps on asking me why I torture myself by watching the unwatchable. These past few weeks have been about as bad as it has been in the four decades that I have been living and dying with this team -- especially with all of the expectations that many of us had for this team.

I have been miserable during the games and after the games. After each game, I ask myself why I continue to torture myself with this team.

There is only one answer - We have no choice being Bills fans.

The only real choice we have is beer or vodka.

If we lose on Sunday (the way that we have in the past three games) , these past few weeks are going to look pretty tame.

My wife keeps on asking me why I torture myself by watching the unwatchable.  These past few weeks have been about as bad as it has been in the four decades that I have been living and dying with this team -- especially with all of the expectations that many of us had for this team.

I have been miserable during the games and after the games.  After each game, I ask myself why I continue to torture myself with this team.

469286[/snapback]

Vodka. Beer gets too bloating and gives you too much "Buffalo Belly" after 40.

My wife keeps on asking me why I torture myself by watching the unwatchable.  These past few weeks have been about as bad as it has been in the four decades that I have been living and dying with this team -- especially with all of the expectations that many of us had for this team.

I have been miserable during the games and after the games.  After each game, I ask myself why I continue to torture myself with this team.

469286[/snapback]

Through thick and thin, thick and thin.

VODKA!

And lately it's been doubles.  :doh:

469300[/snapback]

I'm partial to Polish potato vodka. Chilled in the freezer, or take your time and really chill the glass and the vodka. The martinis are made with a tiny, tiny, tiny splash of VSOP cognac or a good single malt scotch, instead of vermouth.

One olive, straight up. A couple small drops of lime, but no peel.

Bartenders either love me or hate me. Generally love me, I tip well.

Tried to get R.Rich to have one, but he was too busy throwing French Fries at VABills.

I'm partial to Polish potato vodka. Chilled in the freezer, or take your time and really chill the glass and the vodka. The martinis are made with a tiny, tiny, tiny splash of VSOP cognac or a good single malt scotch, instead of vermouth.

One olive, straight up. A couple small drops of lime, but no peel.

Bartenders either love me or hate me. Generally love me, I tip well.

Tried to get R.Rich to have one, but he was too busy throwing French Fries at VABills.

469334[/snapback]

How dare he toss french fries while in your presence?

How small do the lime drops need to be? Small...really small...really really small...just a wiff of a drop?

469286[/snapback]

Should we just call you "Peter the Drama Queen"?

Every week is the worst lost until the next one... :doh:

Should we just call you "Peter the Drama Queen"? 

Every week is the worst lost until the next one...  :doh:

469448[/snapback]

No, you can call me "Peter the realist."

I did not realize that you were having so much fun watching these past three games.

You also missed the point of the post. No matter how bad it gets, we are Bills fans and have no choice but to continue to support this team. :doh:

Vodka. Beer gets too bloating and gives you too much "Buffalo Belly" after 40.

469293[/snapback]

SHEEET! After 40, everything gives you too much "Buffalo Belly." LOL Imagine living like you did when you were in your twenties in your 40s. Ouch!

SHEEET!  After 40, everything gives you too much "Buffalo Belly."  LOL  Imagine living like you did when you were in your twenties in your 40s.  Ouch!

469456[/snapback]

That is what got me into trouble in the first place. :doh:

No, you can call me "Peter the realist."

I did not realize that you were having so much fun watching these past three games.

You also missed the point of the post.  No matter how bad it gets, we are Bills fans and have no choice but to continue to support this team. :doh:

469454[/snapback]

to proclaim that this has been one of the worst 3 game stretches in 40 years is beyond silly and bordering on sheer insanity.

to proclaim that this has been one of the worst 3 game stretches in 40 years is beyond silly and bordering on sheer insanity.

469461[/snapback]

Given the expectations that we had versus the pathetic and hopeless way they have played, it has been about as bad as it gets. This board went from playoff aspirations and beyond to talking about whether we should draft Leinart with the first pick.

I am glad that you are enjoying it though.

Again, you also missed the point of the post. :doh:

Given the expectations that we had versus the pathetic and hopeless way they have played, it has been about as bad as it gets.  This board went from playoff aspirations and beyond to talking about whether we should draft Leinart with the first pick.

469469[/snapback]

As frustrating as this season has been so far, I do think some people are a bit much with the catastrophizing. There is still plenty of time to right the ship, and you have to remember that things can go awry when you take the chance with a rookie QB. There are still a lot of positives to build off of for THIS season....people just need to take a deep breath and recognize them.

At the New Orleans game there was a Bills fan in the upper section 312 with me. He had his face painted wearing a hard hat. He left with about 8 minutes left in the game. He stood up to the crowd and said, " Our team is Garbage". I was pissed you call that a fan. Then walking with my wife outside the stadium after the game I said to her our team sucks. I will always be a fan. Is the fan that screamed our team is garbage a fan? At least I kept it too my spouse.

Yes the Bills are hurting and drinking does help. When I get a cut the blood runs Buffalo red and blue.

As frustrating as this season has been so far, I do think some people are a bit much with the catastrophizing. There is still plenty of time to right the ship, and you have to remember that things can go awry when you take the chance with a rookie QB. There are still a lot of positives to build off of for THIS season....people just need to take a deep breath and recognize them.

469472[/snapback]

I have a stomach ache already. :doh: