TSW reaches a new low in bitter attacks

Its happens on WGR also, and people I run into on the street. Everybody is just ripping on the Bills. I guess its ok to criticize. The other day I was listening to the radio and some guy was just cursing the day he bought season tickets, promising never to buy them again. Thats beyond critisizing, that becoming a fairweather fan.

I always thought Bills fans were among the greatest in the NFL, but when things like that happen... well I guess I was wrong.

DieHardFan.. like I said, it isn't just this forum, its Bills fans everywhere.

469189[/snapback]

Fairweather fan?? We haven't sniffed the playoffs in 5 years, sell out the stadium nearly every game and have supported the team through more years of mediocrity than winning. People have a right to be frustrated for the lousy start this year, and now we are benching the starting QB 4 games into the season.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairweather fan?? We haven't sniffed the playoffs in 5 years, sell out the stadium nearly every game and have supported the team through more years of mediocrity than winning. People have a right to be frustrated for the lousy start this year, and now we are benching the starting QB 4 games into the season.

469200[/snapback]

I don't know about you, but I'm a bills fan 1-15 or 15-1. I always told myself we'd still sell out games even if we pulled an Arizona. Maybe that is not so true.

Umm :doh:

Have you seen JP's throws to Moulds this year? I think there was maybe one deep ball Moulds could have caught (and even that was a tough one). Other than that, incompletions in Moulds' direction have been the result of some pretty poor passes.

I especially loved the INT that was thrown over his head. But course, he should have caught that one too.

Moulds should STFU and start catching passes.  I'm sick of his mediocre play lately.  He hasn't had a 100 yard game in a year and has dropped way too many balls for the money he's making.  What he doesnt realize is that if they still struggle and keep losing, it will take away his one crutch.  He wont be able to blame Losman anymore and will have to point his finger at himself...yeah right.  He'll probably point it at Coach Mularkey next.  :doh:

469052[/snapback]

don't ya think there's just a teensy chance that the vets on the team asked him to be the spokesperson because, he is, ya know, the longest lasting vet on the team and the media's longtime go-to guy (i.e., spokesperson)??????? and don't ya think that his sentiment -- that he wants to go all out and win and not give up on the season -- is an admirable one?????

some people are so freakin' dim and/or looking to slag anyone or anything that it makes me somewhat ill.

and by the way, moulds was entirely polite and evenhanded about the situation.

god forbid -- we harbor a player who actually wants to win and doesn't want to throw in the towel after four games. run him out of town, i tell ya!! better yet, don't wear his jersey!

468876[/snapback]

MOULDS??........Who`s he??.....and what position does he play?? :doh:

It is amazing to think that the benching of a QB that has a 59 QB rating, on a team on a very bad three game losing skid, could lead to such hysteria!  Just when you think you have seen it all.....

469222[/snapback]

so true..if Ryan Miller from the Sabres was a sieve giving up goals left and right, fans would be calling for Biron...people here are borderline idiots

so true..if Ryan Miller from the Sabres was a sieve giving up goals left and right, fans would be calling for Biron...people here are borderline idiots

469230[/snapback]

He was pretty shaky on at least two of those goals. I hope that he can tighen it up.

I think that it is pretty obvious that this change would not have been made if the vets were not in favor of it.

We shall see if it has a positive effect on the team. Winning will resolve a lot of this controversy -- especially if Holcomb plays well.

This game is now all the more important.

I just hope that we have wasted another first round pick for a QB that is not going to be here as a starter for the long term. I thought that it was a mistake to give JP the keys to the offense this year, but having made the decision, it seemed best to let him try to work through his problems.

The Bills have now reversed themselves yet again. I really hope that this is the correct decision for the team and for JP's long term development. If we can right the ship and make the playoffs, the change will look brilliant. If not, the Bills will have shown yet again that their off season decisions were a mistake which was further compounded by this one.

I don't care what his opinions are... I just don't feel it was his place to say that stuff... He should have left it up to MM to make statements on the quarterback situation.

And to call out a teammate is wrong in public... say all you want in the lockerroom... but it's very unprofessional to do it out in the open...

I'm not Anit-Moulds or anything.. but his behavior sucked...

What behavior sucked? Dicussing team performance amongst his teammates and then going to the coach with the feedback and telling him to get clue or announcing the team was going with Holcomb as the starter?

Cool... you don't care what his opinions are. Only he wasn't sharing his opinion with you.

Why would you have a problem with Moulds going public about Holcomb starting? You're making an assumption that MM imposed a gag order. Well, if he did, how come Mould's tit aint in the ringer? MM could have just stated that Holcomb will start. All of the secrecy BS serves absolutely no purpose but to piss the fans off and make OBD hierarchy look foolish. The Dolphins don't care. No NFL team cares. They've all done their homework and they all make their adjustments.

I don't knwo what Moulds said to elicit this kind of response; I've been looking around TBD for articles and these are teh sum total of his comments that I've been able to find:

" "I've talked to a lot of the veteran players and we want to win now, when you're a young player, you understand that you want to win, but at the same time, you've got a long time to try to win in this league. But for a veteran player, the window is closing for us and we're trying to win now."

Re: Holcomb "I think he's seen a lot of coverages, he's seen a lot of defenses, in that aspect, you can do a little bit more with a veteran quarterback than you can with a young rookie quarterback."

"I think it takes a good coach to be able to say, "You know what? I'm going to sit the starting quarterback down and go with somebody else and try to get a spark from Kelly, a guy that's a veteran that has played and won some games in this league,' so I think you have to take your hat off to Coach Mularkey for being able to do that. A lot of coaches wouldn't have done it, so we respect him in that sense and we're going to back him 100 percent."

"I think J.P. knows that he's the future here and I think that he knows that the situation was the coaches' decision," he's not happy about it. He wants to be the starter. But he feels that right now it's the coaches' decision and he has to live with it."

Gee, that's some really controversial stuff there. :doh:

I don't knwo what Moulds said to elicit this kind of response; I've been looking around TBD for articles and these are teh sum total of his comments that I've been able to find:

" "I've talked to a lot of the veteran players and we want to win now, when you're a young player, you understand that you want to win, but at the same time, you've got a long time to try to win in this league. But for a veteran player, the window is closing for us and we're trying to win now."

Re: Holcomb "I think he's seen a lot of coverages, he's seen a lot of defenses, in that aspect, you can do a little bit more with a veteran quarterback than you can with a young rookie quarterback."

"I think it takes a good coach to be able to say, "You know what? I'm going to sit the starting quarterback down and go with somebody else and try to get a spark from Kelly, a guy that's a veteran that has played and won some games in this league,' so I think you have to take your hat off to Coach Mularkey for being able to do that. A lot of coaches wouldn't have done it, so we respect him in that sense and we're going to back him 100 percent."

"I think J.P. knows that he's the future here and I think that he knows that the situation was the coaches' decision," he's not happy about it. He wants to be the starter. But he feels that right now it's the coaches' decision and he has to live with it."

Gee, that's some really controversial stuff there.  :doh:

469278[/snapback]

Be quiet. You're one of the adolescent mods in the inner circle spouting drivel. Some true fan told us so.

don't ya think there's just a teensy chance that the vets on the team asked him to be the spokesperson because, he is, ya know, the longest lasting vet on the team and the media's longtime go-to guy (i.e., spokesperson)??????? and don't ya think that his sentiment -- that he wants to go all out and win and not give up on the season -- is an admirable one?????

some people are so freakin' dim and/or looking to slag anyone or anything that it makes me somewhat ill.

and by the way, moulds was entirely polite and evenhanded about the situation.

god forbid -- we harbor a player who actually wants to win and doesn't want to throw in the towel after four games. run him out of town, i tell ya!! better yet, don't wear his jersey!

468876[/snapback]

I agree with you. Now that Moulds has what he wants its time for him to make some plays on the football field and help this team win all the time.