Today's posts ABSOLUTELY prove Bills fans here are

IndyMark

People here will never be happy...always look to complain first and find the negative in everything (outside of WNY it is called the Buffalo Complex).

I have a life size picture of this board being equally negative if TD did NOT sign KH and the season went like it is currently and people here would be saying "Jesus TD why did you not sign a veteran back up to replace a slow starting JPL?"

Think back this offseason when KH was signed, did you think it was only to replace JPL if injured? No. KH is an alternative -

Having KH on the roster gives the coaches the latitude to replace the QB. I think it is great to tell JPL to sit and watch - there can only be upside to this move. Anyone that thinks this is going to 'mess' with JPL is clueless. IF JPL cannot handle this he DOES NOT belong in the NFL period. Big deal you are asked to sit in favor of a veteran - if you can't handle being a millionaire in that instance you are in the wrong profession.

To the poster that thinks the Bills 'lied' to us fans - :D again, you are a bit to self centered and your well intentioned interpretations are wrong.

To the poster who thinks 'the Bills are not making the playoffs anyway" :D:D Can you read the standings??? 9-7 wins the AFC EAST this year and that is NOT outside of the Bills reach.

To the posters who thought the D would be wasted on this young qb, then you MUST love this move. Maybe it will motivate the DEFENSE to finally !@#$IN show up for a game this year.

Again, I think this move will attract more than detract and I love the move (if it even happens) - I am coming up to WNY this weekend for the game and am excited to see how it pans out.

I am all about the Bills winning whoever plays -

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

bull sh--.

Drew Bledsoe was done away with and JP Losman, the player the Bills gave up TWO draft picks for (and rightfully so) was given the job. NOWHERE AT ANY TIME was the job announced as an "open competition" between Losman and Holcomb. Never. The job was given to JP, JP was told he was "the man" and the fans were told that JP was told he was "the man".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2005Feb16.html

that link took THREE seconds to look up.

467149[/snapback]

Agreed. I always want the Bills to win. But in this situation, you have to consider- winning at the cost of what?

I don't think people here are fickle. They have the best interests of the Bills in mind. They are worried that putting in a career backup QB just to win a few more games will ultimately do nothing other than retard JP's growth and give the Bills a worse draft pick. They drafted JP and went with him as the starter to be a long term solution at quarterback. They need to stick with it.

9-7 wins the East? So what? 8-8 won the wild card in the NFC last year, and the Giants benched Kurt Warner when they were 5-2, so they could play the future. Eli is a different QB now than he was in those 9 games last year.

one positive regarding the defense is that we are gonna get a lot more of anderson this week...long term, he is gonna be much better than edwards i would wager.  the more plays the better as far as i am concerned.

467170[/snapback]

LOL

So it's OK to develop a young DT and not a young QB?

People here will never be happy...always look to complain first and find the negative in everything (outside of WNY it is called the Buffalo Complex).

I have a life size picture of this board being equally negative if TD did NOT sign KH and the season went like it is currently and people here would be saying "Jesus TD why did you not sign a veteran back up to replace a slow starting JPL?"

Think back this offseason when KH was signed, did you think it was only to replace JPL if injured?  No. KH is an alternative -

Having KH on the roster gives the coaches the latitude to replace the QB.  I think it is great to tell JPL to sit and watch - there can only be upside to this move.  Anyone that thinks this is going to 'mess' with JPL is clueless.  IF JPL cannot handle this he DOES NOT belong in the NFL period.  Big deal you are asked to sit in favor of a veteran - if you can't handle being a millionaire in that instance you are in the wrong profession.

To the poster that thinks the Bills 'lied' to us fans - :D  again, you are a bit to self centered and your well intentioned interpretations are wrong.

To the poster who thinks 'the Bills are not making the playoffs anyway"  :D  :D  Can you read the standings???  9-7 wins the AFC EAST this year and that is NOT outside of the Bills reach.

To the posters who thought the D would be wasted on this young qb, then you MUST love this move.  Maybe it will motivate the DEFENSE to finally !@#$IN show up for a game this year.

Again, I think this move will attract more than detract and I love the move (if it even happens) - I am coming up to WNY this weekend for the game and am excited to see how it pans out.

467149[/snapback]

Yes, I agree w/ you: the Wall is much better w/ a separate forum for off topic posts.

bull sh--.

Drew Bledsoe was done away with and JP Losman, the player the Bills gave up TWO draft picks for (and rightfully so) was given the job. NOWHERE AT ANY TIME was the job announced as an "open competition" between Losman and Holcomb. Never. The job was given to JP, JP was told he was "the man" and the fans were told that JP was told he was "the man".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2005Feb16.html

that link took THREE seconds to look up.

467168[/snapback]

What is the job description of a 'back up' quarterback? To only replace the quarterback if injured???

Nice try - your logic is bull sh--.

IIRC, most were surprised and pleased by Holcomb's acquisition. I personally would have liked to see Losman continue.

I've seen a fair number of Holcomb's games. Teams within one's division are, of course often televised, and since home sellouts are a recent occurence for the B'gals, the Browns were on a lot.

The new Brown's club has certainly had its share of difficulties through its years. I can't say I have any special Kelly Holcomb "moments" imprinted in my brain, but I always thought he was a legit NFL QB.

What is the job description of a 'back up' quarterback? To only replace the quarterback if injured??? 

Nice try - your logic is bull sh--.

467174[/snapback]

Excuse me, YOU said that Holcomb was signed to foster an "open competition" between the two players. I blasted that statement to bits in seconds.

Dont you tell me my business again.

Excuse me, YOU said that Holcomb was signed to foster an "open competition" between the two players. I blasted that statement to bits in seconds.

Dont you tell me my business again.

467190[/snapback]

I think the correct quote is...

"Marlin? Stingray? Bit through this piano wire? Don't you tell me my business again."

Think back this offseason when KH was signed, did you think it was only to replace JPL if injured?  No. KH is an alternative -

Having KH on the roster gives the coaches the latitude to replace the QB.  I think it is great to tell JPL to sit and watch - there can only be upside to this move.  Anyone that thinks this is going to 'mess' with JPL is clueless.  IF JPL cannot handle this he DOES NOT belong in the NFL period.  Big deal you are asked to sit in favor of a veteran - if you can't handle being a millionaire in that instance you are in the wrong profession.

To the poster that thinks the Bills 'lied' to us fans - :D  again, you are a bit to self centered and your well intentioned interpretations are wrong.

To the poster who thinks 'the Bills are not making the playoffs anyway"  :D  :D  Can you read the standings???  9-7 wins the AFC EAST this year and that is NOT outside of the Bills reach.

To the posters who thought the D would be wasted on this young qb, then you MUST love this move.  Maybe it will motivate the DEFENSE to finally !@#$IN show up for a game this year.

467149[/snapback]

I am not sure if I like the move or not, but it makes sense to do this now if you are going to do it at all . Despite being 1-3, the AFC East seems wide open and the Bills have no conference or division losses, so they are in it if they can start to win. If they win the next two games with Holcomb, people will be happy because the Bills will be in it. But at whatever point the Bills playoff chances are realistically done, Losman goes back in and gets the experience he needs for next year.

So as I see it, KH is in until the Bills are out of the hunt. If the Bills truly have the other pieces in place to win(which looks doubtful right now to me), we may see KH for a while. If the Bills are not a contender at all-- as Jerry Sullivan says and may be right-- Losman will be back in for the rest of the year in a couple of weeks, because at that point the games will truly mean nothing from a standings perspective. It will be like Manning with the Giants last year. So either way, the rest of the season will have some interest, either because the Bills are in the AFC East race or we get to see Losman's development. So I get the strategy here...CD

Agreed.  I always want the Bills to win.  But in this situation, you have to consider- winning at the cost of what? 

I don't think people here are fickle.  They have the best interests of the Bills in mind.  They are worried that putting in a career backup QB just to win a few more games will ultimately do nothing other than retard JP's growth and give the Bills a worse draft pick.  They drafted JP and went with him as the starter to be a long term solution at quarterback.  They need to stick with it.

9-7 wins the East?  So what?  8-8 won the wild card in the NFC last year, and the Giants benched Kurt Warner when they were 5-2, so they could play the future.  Eli is a different QB now than he was in those 9 games last year.

467169[/snapback]

yep...even so which 8 do they win with holcomb?

9/11 - Houston

9/18 - @ Tampa Bay

9/25 - Atlanta

10/2 - @ New Orleans

10/9 - Miami

10/16 - New York Jets

10/23 - @ Oakland

10/30 - @ New England

11/13 - Kansas City

11/20 - @ San Diego

11/27 - Carolina

12/4 - @ Miami

12/11 - New England

12/17 - Denver

12/24 - @ Cincinnati

1/1 - @ New York Jets

Losman got a few lumps in against a pretty tough schedule there i'd say......i'd like to see where he'd be by october 23rd against the weakest defense he'd face unless you wanna argue kansas city

Losman will be back in for the rest of the year in a couple of weeks, because at that point the games will truly mean nothing from a standings perspective.  It will be like Manning with the Giants last year.

467195[/snapback]

The G-Men were 5-3 when they benched Warner last year. The Rams won the wild card at 8-8. Those games meant a lot from a standings perspective, and yet the Giants didn't waver from playing their future. Looks pretty good now....

When does loyalty become stupidity?

I cannot believe this coaching staff couldn't figure out in all the reps they've seen JP take over the last eight months that he wasn't ready for the job.

Now here we sit with Kelly Holcomb behind center.

No way was I a Bledsoe backer but good lord it doesn't take a genius to figure out Bledsoe is a heck of a lot better than Holcomb. And really what difference does it make? Now we have a worse O line than last year with a QB less mobile and with a worse arm than Bledsoe behind center.

But, this year was suppose to be one where we "take a step forward" right TD? Right Mularkey?

We're going to end up 2-14 this year. Mark it down.

I couldn't be more disgusted to be a Bills fan.