not official, but WGR reports Holcomb will start

DPR4444

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here.  The local media is off and running with reports that JP will be benched and Kelly will start.  That will just make the Dolphins have to prepare for 2 QB's, and may force them to start preparing more for Holcomb.

466331[/snapback]

Yeah, that'll really screw them up.

"Ok, guys, we're not sure who is going to start for Buffalo at QB, so we have to be prepared. First, here's footage of JP. Notice has defenses are able to get in his face in .9 seconds? See how his pass it blocked? See how he gets sacked? See how his pass is accurate? See how he fumbled the ball?

"Okay...now let's look at footage of Holcombe. Notice has defenses are able to get in his face in .9 seconds? See how his pass it blocked? See how he gets sacked? See how his pass is accurate? See how he fumbled the ball?

"Now let's look at footage of Shane Matthews...."

Leave the !@#$ing kid in and let's move forward. Our D isn't good enough to get us anywhere anyway, so let your new boy get reps.

"Ok, guys, we're not sure who is going to start for Buffalo at QB, so we have to be prepared. First, here's footage of JP. Notice has defenses are able to get in his face in .9 seconds? See how his pass it blocked? See how he gets sacked? See how his pass is accurate? See how he fumbled the ball?

"Okay...now let's look at footage of Holcombe. Notice has defenses are able to get in his face in .9 seconds? See how his pass it blocked? See how he gets sacked? See how his pass is accurate? See how he fumbled the ball?

Leave the !@#$ing kid in and let's move forward. Our D isn't good enough to get us anywhere anyway, so let your new boy get reps.

I think the Bills will stick with JP. I also think that they're just messing with the Dolphins here. And yes who to prepare for DOES make a difference. Maybe a small one, but a difference nonetheless.

466406[/snapback]

We've got to just live with it. It's actually funny now. I'm damn sure not going to cry over it. I'd rather shake my head and laugh. What a fuggin train wreck.

If WGR announced it, you can almost count on JP starting.

466311[/snapback]

No doubt.

I will tell you this: The moment that Mularkey utters the words "QB 1A" and "QB 1B," I'm hitting the eject button. :blink:

BTW, Holcomb on 3rd downs was funny too. :(

466406[/snapback]

I like your logic La ! Also your avatar's are pretty good as well !

If WGR announced it, you can almost count on JP starting.

466311[/snapback]

Actually, what WGR said was that there was a buzz going throughout all the local media covering practice at the stadium today that Mularkey MAY announce Holcomb will be the starter. They didn't come out and say, "Sources tell us that Holcomb is starting". Of course Mularkey played his cards close to his vest and didn't say one way or the other.

If you listen to the conference , MM merely states that he is not going to answer the same question he's already answered dozens of times. This to me says that JP will start.

466433[/snapback]

Listen to the clip on WGR550.com.

"I'm not going to talk about a starter at any position for either team today."

"Why?"

"What part of I'm not gonna talk about it...?"

"Is it a strategy-wise on your part?"

"I'm not gonna talk about a starter at any position."

Very vague if you ask me.

more info - when asked repeatedly about who will start MM "refused to address starters at any position"

MM would not comment on starters "for either team" - ?

466307[/snapback]

Maybe he is trying to psych the Dolphins into thinking that the Bills are preparing to play a team other than the Dolphins, so he doesn't want to committ to having any knowledge of anything!!! How cavalier! How Belichekian of him!!!!! :blink:

WGR seems to be backtracking a wee bit too. Now it's "heard rumblings that Holcomb may"...

The Buffalo Head Coach Mike Mularkey would not answer any questions from the media about "any starters" on Wednesday afternoon during his regularly scheduled news conference. WGR Sportsradio 550's Paul Hamilton has heard rumblings that Holcomb may get the start Sunday against Miami.

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=1145