Expect a change at QB

VABills

Mort in his wrap eluded to it.  Since he and TD seems to be buds, I believe the wroiting is on the wall and Holcomb starts Sunday.

If he does, this is a bad move.  Everything I have seen, says Losman is already unhappy about being benched the other day.  This will not sit well with him.  I think you continue throwing him out there at this point, and say hell with the playoffs.  You simplify, and help him be successful.

466091[/snapback]

spot on man...starting holcomb now just delays the inevitable of finding out how good (or bad) JP is, and its not like this team is good enough to make a deep playoff run...

You mean for deluding you in saying that Losman would be ready for this year, or for pulling a struggling QB to try to win a game?

466137[/snapback]

For pulling a QB that needs to gain experience on the field, win loss or tie. A qb that will never become good unless he is allowed to play it out. I don't mind them pulling him in situations for a "spark", but not letting him start would be the wrong move IMO.

I fully except them to start JP, regardless of what the media says.

That's some wack reasoning. You say that Mort and TD seem to be buds, so he has some insight into what the Bills plans are. And yet Mort says "IF the Bills defense doesn't play better". What, in practice? Wouldn't they have to play a game first to decide if the defense plays better? Losman is starting.

Furthermore, where have you seen in "everything you have seen" about Losman unhappy about being benched the other day. The fact that he was high-fiving teammates on the bench after it? Would you want him to be happy about it? Or is this more talking out of both sides of your ass?

466147[/snapback]

"I'm not happy," the 24-year-old Losman admitted. "You're never happy when you're pulled. I'm trying not to take it personally -- but it's tough."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...greg&id=2180680

Would you like more, or are you going to continuing being an ass?

You mean for deluding you in saying that Losman would be ready for this year, or for pulling a struggling QB to try to win a game?

466137[/snapback]

holcomb s record as a starter 4 - 9 . i do not see a big improvement putting him in

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...greg&id=2180680

Would you like more, or are you going to continuing being an ass?

466153[/snapback]

I saw that when it came out. You said "everything i have heard" which implies to me a series of complaints, and implications that he's going to be a problem. And it would affect the team and the lockerroom. There is zero indication of this, from JP's comments. Veterans on the team may want KH, although I am not sure about that. As I implied, of course JP's not happy about being pulled. Would you want him to be? Would any player in the history of football? Would you?

For pulling a QB that needs to gain experience on the field, win loss or tie. A qb that will never become good unless he is allowed to play it out. I don't mind them pulling him in situations for a "spark", but not letting him start would be the wrong move IMO.

I fully except them to start JP, regardless of what the media says.

466151[/snapback]

I'm totally fine with sticking with JP, if people are ok with throwing this season overboard after 4 games.

I'm guessing it's a far worse sell in the Bills locker room to the other 52 guys.

If we try to read between the lines, many veterans (Moulds) weren't happy about the QB switch. I'm guessing not so much to see DB go, but to give the job to a virtual rookie who admitedly struggled in practice last year. After seeing him in action, it's obvious that it's going to be a very slow learning process for JP. Would you risk a team revolt if you keep throwing JP to the wolves, especially when you think that the backup QB can do a better job?

If there's going to be a QB swiotch, I'm guessing it's to see if Holcomb can beat Miami & Jets to keep the Bills in the hunt. If he loses, we're back to JP for the rest of the season.

I'm totally fine with sticking with JP, if people are ok with throwing this season overboard after 4 games. 

I'm guessing it's a far worse sell in the Bills locker room to the other 52 guys.

If we try to read between the lines, many veterans (Moulds) weren't happy about the QB switch.  I'm guessing not so much to see DB go, but to give the job to a virtual rookie who admitedly struggled in practice last year.  After seeing him in action, it's obvious that it's going to be a very slow learning process for JP.  Would you risk a team revolt if you keep throwing JP to the wolves, especially when you think that the backup QB can do a better job?

If there's going to be a QB swiotch, I'm guessing it's to see if Holcomb can beat Miami & Jets to keep the Bills in the hunt.  If he loses, we're back to JP for the rest of the season.

466179[/snapback]

That may all be true, but again, where is any indication whatsoever that they are planning a switch now? Mort said maybe, IF the defense doesn't play better. I fully expect the defense to play better, pissed, at home, against a non scrambling QB on a suspect offense. And if the defense stinks, we know we're going nowhere anyway.

I am not saying there is no way they're going to make a switch, I just don't see many scenarios. If they beat the Dolphins, whether it's because of JP or not, they're likely going to stick with him as a starter against the Jets (unless JP tanks totally, KH relieves him and leads them to a win).

That may all be true, but again, where is any indication whatsoever that they are planning a switch now? Mort said maybe, IF the defense doesn't play better.

466188[/snapback]

Just plain conjecture. Mort's hinting it. Lenny P hinted at it on Mon.

Now, if John Clayton said it, I'd take it to the bank.

Now, if John Clayton said it, I'd take it to the bank.

466192[/snapback]

If Clayton hinted at JP being benched, I'd know he'd remain the starter.

I'm also sure that this is the hot topic in OBD. It's a VERY difficult choice, with clear good arguments pro and con for both sides. My POV is that sure, the Bills are considering it, looking forward a week or two. But there just doesnt seem to be a lot of ways it could happen. They're not going to do it if we have no chance at the playoffs. they're not going to do it if JP wins or he plays well and it wasnt his fault. They're only going to do it if J tanks and KH looks great in relief and we win this week because of it. And perhaps, why even do it then if you could do that the next week against the hurting Jets?

VA, he's really not as distraught as you make him out to be. You can watch these interviews on the official site and take much of the speculation out of it.

466172[/snapback]

Agreed. JP is a competitor, but also a team player. However, one couldn't blame him for feeling jerked around.

Mort in his wrap eluded to it.  Since he and TD seems to be buds, I believe the wroiting is on the wall and Holcomb starts Sunday.

If he does, this is a bad move.  Everything I have seen, says Losman is already unhappy about being benched the other day.  This will not sit well with him.  I think you continue throwing him out there at this point, and say hell with the playoffs.  You simplify, and help him be successful.

466091[/snapback]

Majorly stupid move if true.

Considering that the coaches and JP's teamates have more than contributed to the 1-3 record, I think that benching the kid and using him as a scapegoat for this season's woes would be the most coward thing Malarkey could do. Start JP and give the team a gameplan that isn't fatally flawed.