Expect a change at QB

VABills

Mort in his wrap eluded to it. Since he and TD seems to be buds, I believe the wroiting is on the wall and Holcomb starts Sunday.

Rob (Florida): Hey Mort, What do you think of Jp Losman? Is he really this bad or does he just have a severe case of rookie-itis?

Chris Mortensen: He's pressing. The Bills thought they could play a young QB because their defense, run game and special teams were among the best inthe NFL. But the defense is 31st vs. the run, one of the worst on third downs.....that's too much pressure on a young QB. I think they have to play Holcomb unless the defense makes a turnaround.

If he does, this is a bad move. Everything I have seen, says Losman is already unhappy about being benched the other day. This will not sit well with him. I think you continue throwing him out there at this point, and say hell with the playoffs. You simplify, and help him be successful.

I'd like the coaching staff to take a look at some film from the Bills offense when Flutie was successful. To me that's the style of offense that JP can be successful in and right now he's a square peg that they're trying to fit into a round hole.

Guest BackInDaDay

Facing the Dolphins, a team which gives up little on the ground, our QB will have to make plays. Holcomb has the better chance of making those plays.

Having said that, I'd rather have JP take his lumps and keep learning.

Flame away.

I'd like the coaching staff to take a look at some film from the Bills offense when Flutie was successful.  To me that's the style of offense that JP can be successful in and right now he's a square peg that they're trying to fit into a round hole.

466097[/snapback]

Yeah, because that was Flutie's rookie year too... Great call.

So let me get this straight. Losman sucks because of the defense? Damn, who's writing this stuff for Mort, Mayor Nagin??

Before you all jump on me I know what he's saying. Interesting bit about the running game. He's right. So why are we throwing the ball at all. Like when Furgy played with OJ. Just hand the damn ball off and if you throw it Joe, remember, we're the ones with the red helmets. That's why we changed them...remember?

I agree with VABills. If this team hits the panic button, it will have created both the problem of not putting JP in the best position to succeed, and then further undermining his confidence by making him think that he is the biggest problem/scapegoat for the offense's issues.

Kelly Holcomb is not going to solve a damned thing if he doesn't have the right plays and personnel to work with.

Facing the Dolphins, a team which gives up little on the ground, our QB will have to make plays.  Holcomb has the better chance of making those plays.

Flame away.

466111[/snapback]

I agree completely. Without playing, he wont progress as much, and I'd rather take our lumps now, then next year. With our D playing the way they are, we are not a contender anyway.

Guest BackInDaDay
I'd like the coaching staff to take a look at some film from the Bills offense when Flutie was successful.  To me that's the style of offense that JP can be successful in and right now he's a square peg that they're trying to fit into a round hole.

466097[/snapback]

I get your point... but much of Flutie's play was, well, Flutie being Flutie.

Our poor pass protection did little to help RJ's pocket style, and DF's quick feet got him to places where he could find open receivers by creating his own passing lanes. I'm sure Clements has designed roll-out and sprint passes for JP, but they really don't want him to run. They want him to decipher what's un-folding before him and make the right decision. By the time Flutie got to us, he'd already become adept at that.

Facing the Dolphins, a team which gives up little on the ground, our QB will have to make plays.  Holcomb has the better chance of making those plays.

Flame away.

466111[/snapback]

I'm with you, but didn't Willis get his first start against the Dolphins last year and tear it up?

Mort in his wrap eluded to it.  Since he and TD seems to be buds, I believe the wroiting is on the wall and Holcomb starts Sunday.

If he does, this is a bad move.  Everything I have seen, says Losman is already unhappy about being benched the other day.  This will not sit well with him.  I think you continue throwing him out there at this point, and say hell with the playoffs.  You simplify, and help him be successful.

466091[/snapback]

They have the stupid system where JP only is supposed to look at half the field on most passes- how much more simple is it supposed to get? Maybe narrow it to 1/4 of the field?

I'm happier now that I feel resigned to the fact that this is a lost year. And I now have infinitely more patience with JP. He can suck for a while. I just want to see a few 200 yard games by the end of the year. I'd also like to see him hit a WR in stride.

I agree with VABills.  If this team hits the panic button, it will have created both the problem of not putting JP in the best position to succeed, and then further undermining his confidence by making him think that he is the biggest problem/scapegoat for the offense's issues.

Kelly Holcomb is not going to solve a damned thing if he doesn't have the right plays and personnel to work with.

466126[/snapback]

If Kelly H. pulled off a victory this Sunday it would further delay JP's progress because KH would be our new starter until we lost bad. JP would lose out on a ton of reps (and game experience, of course) and at this time he needs as much as he can get. Cincy or the Gmen didn't bench their guys last year.

The sad thing is, I can see it happening (KH coming in this weekend and us beating the Phins) and then all this controversy is started.

ACCEPT IT MEDIA PEOPLE - We have to play JP all season! There is no other option. We aren't this playoff team that everyone is hyping us up to be. We are 1-3. We have to live and die with JP Losman this season. End of story

If Holcomb plays over Losman this week, all bets are off as far as any respect I have for this coaching staff.

466127[/snapback]

You mean for deluding you in saying that Losman would be ready for this year, or for pulling a struggling QB to try to win a game?

Although I would love to jump on the, "the future is now" bandwagon and start KH, I really would rather suffer through a crappy season with JP in the hope that as the year goes by he will start to show us the QB we want to see. I'll take a losing season, a good spot in the draft, if it means we are going to win next year.

Yeah, because that was Flutie's rookie year too...  Great call.

466118[/snapback]

Because you can't learn anything from watching someone that has a similar style to yours even if you're not at the same experience level. Try to think a bit before you try to jump down someone's sh--.

Mort in his wrap eluded to it.  Since he and TD seems to be buds, I believe the wroiting is on the wall and Holcomb starts Sunday.

If he does, this is a bad move.  Everything I have seen, says Losman is already unhappy about being benched the other day.  This will not sit well with him.  I think you continue throwing him out there at this point, and say hell with the playoffs.  You simplify, and help him be successful.

466091[/snapback]

That's some wack reasoning. You say that Mort and TD seem to be buds, so he has some insight into what the Bills plans are. And yet Mort says "IF the Bills defense doesn't play better". What, in practice? Wouldn't they have to play a game first to decide if the defense plays better? Losman is starting.

Furthermore, where have you seen in "everything you have seen" about Losman unhappy about being benched the other day. The fact that he was high-fiving teammates on the bench after it? Would you want him to be happy about it? Or is this more talking out of both sides of your ass?

Holcomb hasn't been doing diddly in his appearances in games. I'm very disappointed in him. Then again, it could be proof that it's NOT the QB position that's mostly at fault on offense, because Holmcomb didn't exactly have the greatest talent in Cleveland, yet he managed to produce some decent numbers. I just don't see the point in making a QB switch for a guy who is at the tail-end of his career. Why, just to possibly make the playoffs, lose in them, and have to start all over again NEXT year?