Jerry Sullivan article

RunTheBall

Here's a quote from JS today " Around Buffalo, people have already given up on this team."

Anyone think that is true? I'm not in the Buffalo area anymore and I don't think this board reflects the average fan. Even when the team was 3 - 13, when I went home I never got the feeling around town that people had given up on the team. Later on in the article, JS states "It's a little early to wring your hands and give up on them." This from the biggest friggin pessimist in Buffalo News history?

One thing I do agree with him on is this " In the last two weeks, I saw some quit in the Bills". I unfortunately have to agree here. I also have gotten a sense of the team deflating in the face of adversity. Not just because we were giving up big play after big play, it just seems they wilt on both sides of the ball. The defense makes a big stop, the O then comes out and goes 3 and out. The O actually moves the ball or scores to make up some ground, the D comes out and $hits the bed allowing the opposing team to march.

I dunno. I hope the turnaround starts today. I hope this team comes out pissed off and starts hitting people. I hope the O line comes out and blasts the other team off the line of scrimmage and pancackes them. It's time for this team to get down to basics and knock someone around.

Anyone else get the feeling that this team has to man-up?

RTB

Here's a quote from JS today " Around Buffalo, people have already given up on this team."

Anyone think that is true? I'm not in the Buffalo area anymore and I don't think this board reflects the average fan. Even when the team was 3 - 13, when I went home I never got the feeling around town that people had given up on the team. Later on in the article, JS states "It's a little early to wring your hands and give up on them."  This from the biggest friggin pessimist in Buffalo News history?

One thing I do agree with him on is this " In the last two weeks, I saw some quit in the Bills". I unfortunately have to agree here. I also have gotten a sense of the team deflating in the face of adversity. Not just because we were giving up big play after big play, it just seems they wilt on both sides of the ball. The defense makes a big stop, the  O then comes out and goes 3 and out. The O actually moves the ball or scores to make up some ground, the D comes out and $hits the bed allowing the opposing team to march.

I dunno. I hope the turnaround starts today. I hope this team comes out pissed off and starts hitting people. I hope the O line comes out and blasts the other team off the line of scrimmage and pancackes them. It's time for this team to get down to basics and knock someone around.

Anyone else get the feeling that this team has to man-up?

RTB

460921[/snapback]

I think it's absolutely true that a huge percentage of fans have given up on them. It's the nature of a large portion of fandom. This season is already toast. And five hours from now, if the Bills win, suddenly three quarters of those same people havent given up on the Bills already.

Yes! I have given up on the team as the configuration of players as it stands now, but one thing that I will never give up on the future of the Bills. I believe someday, hopefully before I die, the Bills will return to their glory days.

Maybe if I repeat this enough times, people may get it.

The Bills did not look horrible last Sunday, playing against a team that went to the NFC Championship game, and has gotten better in the offseason. One play here or there WOULD have changed the outcome.

The Bills did not look horrible last Sunday, playing against a team that went to the NFC Championship game, and has gotten better in the offseason.  One play here or there WOULD have changed the outcome.

460953[/snapback]

Near the end of the Falcons game, Bills down by 8, Vick throws a screen which is deflected up in the air. If Posey picks it off, it's a TD. a 2pt conversion and it's a tie game. One play...

PTR

I think both sides of the ball are not as good as they think they are - the defense does not face good offense so it never tunes up and offense sees certain looks and learns to exploit them but when they face a new defense they learn they are not as half as goood as they hoped.

And yes fans, even Buffalo fans, are fickle. No surprise there.

The Bills did not look horrible last Sunday, playing against a team that went to the NFC Championship game, and has gotten better in the offseason.  One play here or there WOULD have changed the outcome.

460953[/snapback]

I'm not sure what game you were watching. There was no offensive flow and the defense folded.

The defense is LAST in the league in rushing defense.

You cannot win games if you cannot stop the run.

RTB

I'm not sure what game you were watching. There was no offensive flow and the defense folded.

RTB

460970[/snapback]

Yet, they were still one or two plays away from a tie or a win in regulation against an NFC championship team. Imagine that...

Who cares whether Bills fans have given up on the team?! All I care about is whether or not the actual Bills team has given up on themselves.

And today will give us a better indication if they have.

The Bucs and Falcons, teams that should respectively be 4-0 and 3-1 by this afternoon, may be the cream of the NFC crop. Couple this with the fact that our QB is still going through an NFL rookie's natural growing pains, and we may not be all that bad...

However, this positive notion will go right out the window if we lose to the Saints today.

I don't care how pumped the Saints are in their first real home game; they're not a good team, they have lots of key injuries, and our Bills ought to be equally pumped about winning after getting creamed in the past 2 weeks.

Go Bills! 2-2 is better than 1-3!

RTB

460970[/snapback]

The defensive stats are negatively impacted by a completely inept offense. We were still in a position to win that game.

I think it's a greater disappointment because of our unrealistic inflated expectations of this team.

The defensive stats are negatively impacted by a completely inept offense.

Oh please! :w00t:

This is a ridiculous statement. Has the Ravens D ever completely sunk because of their inept O over the years? Excuses like that one are so weak. The Bills O played better ball than the D last week btw.

I'm not sure what game you were watching. There was no offensive flow...

I guess you were disappointed in scoring 4 out of 5 times to start the game?

A few bad throws by JPL does not mean the whole offense was ineffective.

Oh please!  :w00t:

This is a ridiculous statement. Has the Ravens D ever completely sunk because of their inept O over the years? Excuses like that one are so weak. The Bills O played better ball than the D last week btw.

461024[/snapback]

OK. You're right. the Bills are the worst run defense in the NFL. I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to THE #1 Bills fan. Sorry. :lol:

460953[/snapback]

I agree with that assement...I really do...But besides a run (of Wins) here and there over the past several Years, has that not been the story of this Franchise overall? One Play here, a Penalty not Called, one stop on Defense, A FG... it seems as if it's always something that keeps this Franchise from being Playoff Calibre...And I just don't see where it's changing much... And that is about as discouraging as it gets...