need buffalo restaurant advice

freester

My brother and I are bring our oldest kids (ages 7 and 5) to the Dolphins game next week. We are fling in from out of town. Where is a good place to go to dinner saturday night before the game? Some place near the airport or near Williamsville would probaly be preferable. Any suggestions for great buffalo food?

My brother and I are bring our oldest kids (ages 7 and 5) to the Dolphins game next week.  We are fling in from out of town.  Where is a good place to go to dinner saturday night before the game?  Some place near the airport or near Williamsville would probaly be preferable.  Any suggestions for great buffalo food?

460238[/snapback]

http://www.buffalobrewpub.com/

Good food, good beer, free peanuts/popcorn... decent kids menu hot dogs, burger, mac&cheese, chickenfingers etc.

I was in Buffalo today (Eastern Hills). Going up Transit Rd from the thruway there are a number of restaurants, mostly chains, but probably not all. There's a Mighty Taco, Picasso's Pizza, a Roadhouse Grill, an Old Country Buffet etc. We pigged out at the Old Country Buffet. Food quality is so-so, but you can always find something edible. The kids can find something they like too.

If you want Italian, try Buca de Beppo in the Sam's Club plaza on Union @ Gallaria Rd. It's a chain, but it's pretty damn good. It's a "family-style" place, meaning when you order a dish it's a huge bowl of it, enough for 4. They have good pizza too.

PTR

I was in Buffalo today (Eastern Hills).  Going up Transit Rd from the thruway there are a number of restaurants, mostly chains, but probably not all.  There's a Mighty Taco, Picasso's Pizza, a Roadhouse Grill, an Old Country Buffet etc.  We pigged out at the Old Country Buffet.  Food quality is so-so, but you can always find something edible.  The kids can find something they like too.

460374[/snapback]

For "local flavor" on Transit there's always Ted's Hots...unless you're looking for sit down...I think there's a Bob Evans there somewhere. B-) Actually, as Tiger says there are restaurants everywhere in that area...

My brother and I are bring our oldest kids (ages 7 and 5) to the Dolphins game next week.  We are fling in from out of town.  Where is a good place to go to dinner saturday night before the game?  Some place near the airport or near Williamsville would probaly be preferable.  Any suggestions for great buffalo food?

460238[/snapback]

If I were a kid, this place sounds great...

Dave & Busters

that is, as long as Dad kept his wallet open so I could play all the games!

http://www.buffalobrewpub.com/

Good food, good beer, free peanuts/popcorn... decent kids menu hot dogs, burger, mac&cheese, chickenfingers etc.

460252[/snapback]

If you're looking for a more generic type menu, the Brew Pub is very good and has an excellent selection of beers (their own and others). If you are looking for more "Buffalo specific food", Schwabl's (789 Center Rd, just off Union several blocks south of the Airport) has excellent Beef on Weck. Expect to wait a fairly long time if you try to go in the evening. Duff's on Sheridan has excellent wings.

Dave.