Jamie Winborn coming to Buffalo???...

realtruelove

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I was able to find ( links are always handy :devil: ) was that the coaches told him to clean his locker and that a trade was a possibility, but that he was done for the team. Basically figured he was better than a second-stringer and didn't want him hurting himself (and thus his trade value).

haven't read anything conclusive abotu a destination.

Can't say that I know much about him. What do you guys think? If he is a starting caliber LB (outside I assume?) would he be worth trading for, as an interim alternative for Spikes, if Crowell doesn't pan out. I believe that Posey is a FA next season...might not be a bad move, assuming he can play a lick. I haven't seen a lot of the 49'ers the last few seasons (although I did see most of the Cowboys game this past week), but I seem to rememeber the "experts" praising their young linebacking core. Is Winborn any good?

Personaly, I have always been curious to see how Crowell would do. He seemd to stand out in pre-season games, and I figure they have kept him around this long, they must think he can play something other than special teams, right? I think he is a very good athlete, not sure how that translates into starting OLB however...

I wonder if this is a case of a vetran not getting along with a new coach, or the new coach not thinking he is all that good. Nolan was a pretty decent defensive coordinator. Would he let him go, if he thought he was any good? Is his attitude about being benched the problem?

Do you mean a link like this?

ESPN Link

458335[/snapback]

Yeah, and I was referring to this quote:

Winborn lost his job to converted defensive end Andre Carter last week, and coach Mike Nolan suggested the fifth-year pro should stay away while the 49ers find him a new home.

when saying: "the coaches told him to clean his locker and that a trade was a possibility, but that he was done for the team. Basically figured he was better than a second-stringer and didn't want him hurting himself (and thus his trade value)."

Article says he's undisciplined and injury-prone...would we want him? Never heard of him before this trade rumor, so I'm just askin'....

I thought he was one of Vandy's best players, if not the best, when he was here in college...I know that doesn't like an endorsement. But, if there's one thing (and just one thing) the previous coach knew was how to coach LBs.

Charles

Listening to the sports out here about this (KGO), it was more of a situation where Winborn was unhappy about loosing his starting job to Andre Carter. Winborn then refused to play in the new Mike Nolan system. It was Winborn who asked to be traded. Nolan told him that he would accomidate him, and that he should clean out his locker as to not be a distraction, in which Winborn agreed.

Many 49er players interviewed said that this was not a punishment by Winborn. It was nothing more than a coach and a disgruntled player reaching an agreement about the players future.

Winborn had 104 tackles and a career-high 4½ sacks last season while starting 10 games. but for the third straight year, he was injured at the end of the season, missing the final two games with a shoulder problem.

I see he enjoys the trainers room / IR list. :devil: