Napoleon Dynamite thoughts

The Poojer

i have watched the movie more times than I can remember and really enjoy the movie. There are 2 specific parts of the movie that really justify the movie and explain what it is really about. When Pedro is off stage after Napoleons dance, and you see that smile come to his face, then when Napoleon smiles and nods his head as Kip and LaFawnda get ready to board the bus. Up to this point in the movie one could almost blow it off as a meaningless movie about pointless social misfits. but those 2 shots show how human they are, Pedro showing his appreciation for what his freind Napoleon just did for him, and the look of pleasure on Napoleons face to see his brother and LaFawnda happy to have found their apparent soulmates. On the surface this movie seems to be really about nothing, but this is a movie about people caring for each other! Thats it, just wanted to express that. By the way...I caught you a delicious bass!

I watched this movie a few weeks ago.  I may be in the minority here, but I thought it really sucked.  I laughed once during the entire movie.  I'm not trying to steal your thread here, I just don't get it.

457909[/snapback]

I concur. And I watched the movie in a state that, shall we say, makes things seem hysterical when they might not normally be so.

Dumbest.Movie.Ever.

But the teenyboppers liked it, so you should too lest you be thought uncool...

:lol:

I concur. And I watched the movie in a state that, shall we say, makes things seem hysterical when they might not normally be so.

Dumbest.Movie.Ever.

But the teenyboppers liked it, so you should too lest you be thought uncool...

457915[/snapback]

I sometimes have that same sensation watching Monty Python movies.

Mel Brooks' stuff on the other hand....

I've never sene Napoleon Dynamite, tho...so I can't comment on that.

I watched this movie a few weeks ago.  I may be in the minority here, but I thought it really sucked.  I laughed once during the entire movie.  I'm not trying to steal your thread here, I just don't get it.

457909[/snapback]

watch it again...its gets funnier each time you see it...the first time i saw it, it was kind fo annoying, and then it grows on you...

having a few alcholic beverages of choice while you watch cetainly helps too (and no, i'd hardly call myself a teenybopper as i'll be 24 next week)

"This one tastes like the cow got into an onion patch"

watch it again...its gets funnier each time you see it...the first time i saw it, it was kind fo annoying, and then it grows on you...

457926[/snapback]

That won't be happening. I wanted to turn it off halfway through, but I kept it on because a bunch of people have said it was good. Now I know that they were wrong.

you are dead on, it gets better and better, especially when you hear, in your mind something like, "Are you drinking 1% because you think you're fat..." and you bust out laughing. Tina You fat Lard.....

aint no teeney bopper here, 42 years old!

having a few alcholic beverages of choice while you watch cetainly helps too (and no, i'd hardly call myself a teenybopper as i'll be 24 next week)

"This one tastes like the cow got into an onion patch"

457926[/snapback]

you are dead on, it gets better and better, especially when you hear, in your mind something like, "Are you drinking 1% because you think you're fat..." and you bust out laughing.  Tina You fat Lard.....

457937[/snapback]

him nailing uncle rico's van with the orange in hilarious...as is napolean falling while trying to hop the fence. Damn, now i wanna watch that move again.

Its definately one of those movies that grows on you, just like Monty Python. Hell, this could be something like the Holy Grail of this generation. It spun off into lunch boxes and T-shirts, and everyone quotes it at random times just to get a laugh (Gosh, Friggin Idiot!). It just tends to get to you after a while. But Pojer, I think you may be reading too much into it. This was not ever a threat to contend for an Oscar. Accept it for what it was, pointless humor.

457937[/snapback]

You may be 42 physically, but mentally...Romper Bomper Stomper Boo...

And from the "Karma Can Be a B word' Dept...from all the grief I gave you about The Wiggles...thanks to watching with my son I now have 3 or 4 of their songs constantly stuck in my head. I'm seriously thinking about a lobotomy!

Uncle Rico is the funniest part of the whole movie, because we all know someone like him.  The guy whose life peaked in high school.

457932[/snapback]

OK OK!! Let us settle this.......... teenie bopper movie?? MAYBE

Absolutely hillarious???? WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!

Best part of the movie?? By far the farmer with the shotgun and the cow, then the flash to the children on the school bus, filled with screams....... I THANK GOD FOR REWIND........... I literally made the other 11 people in my living room watch that part 7 times before I could/would move on. Can you imagine how cool that was for the one lone redneck on the bus.............. just another day on the farm, but it never gets old.

That movie is a freakin' nut buster! I love it!

I love the scenes at the chicken farm...

"Do chicken have large talons?"

The way that chicken farmer talked.

When it came to lunch time, all they had to eat was...eggs.

:lol::lol::lol:

Uncle Rico is the funniest part of the whole movie, because we all know someone like him.  The guy whose life peaked in high school.

457932[/snapback]

Gotta go with you on that one. Watching a video of himself pretending he was a quarterback? That slayed me.