Thesis

AJ1

My argument is I have yet to see an imaginative gameplan against a good defense. Number two, I have yet to see intelligent or any other kind of halftime adjustments.

A couple more stinkers like last weekend should result in his replacement. He probably gets the rest of the year, but he has shown me nothing up to now.

My immediate candidate: Sam Wyche. Don't know that he would want the job, though.

Any antithesis comment?

My argument is I have yet to see an imaginative gameplan against a good defense.  Number two, I have yet to see intelligent or any other kind of halftime adjustments.

A couple more stinkers like last weekend should result in his replacement.  He probably gets the rest of the year, but he has shown me nothing up to now.

My immediate candidate: Sam Wyche.  Don't know that he would want the job, though.

Any antithesis comment?

448483[/snapback]

he wasn't even the guy Mularkey wanted from Pitt. he wanted their current OC (his odd name escapes me.)

TD and his toadies are what they are. LeBeau smelled the coffee.

448488[/snapback]

Ken Whisenhunt former TE Coach is the Steeler OC.

Stuck--you made me want to stop at a Starbuck's on the way home..yeah baby..

What's a toadie????

BTW--Do we call current VA Tech QB Marcus Vick--Baby Mexico now...or maybe New Mexico....

Thank you for expanding my vocabulary..... :D  would synonyms be ass-kisser, brown nose...etc...

448503[/snapback]

Sure..."suck-up" would work, too. But, my favorite here would be "butt-boy".

My argument is I have yet to see an imaginative gameplan against a good defense.  Number two, I have yet to see intelligent or any other kind of halftime adjustments.

A couple more stinkers like last weekend should result in his replacement.  He probably gets the rest of the year, but he has shown me nothing up to now.

My immediate candidate: Sam Wyche.  Don't know that he would want the job, though.

Any antithesis comment?

448483[/snapback]

Holy Sh*t we lost a game! ARGH!!!!!

Get real - this is the same staff that started 0-4 last year and rescued the team's psyche and figured things out. I think after one frickin' loss where the team's weaknesses were exposed this team can figure things out.

By the way, I have yet to see an "intelligent or any other kind" of post from you. Look at last year. Were you complaining after we started winning? This is a very good coaching staff. The true test is can they motivate this team and help this team learn from its failures? Success is born in failure.

:D

VA Tech...Vick...nothing would be worthwhile without making a humorous connection between Marcus and VA Bills.

Let's work on that...VA is a very good sport but his non-foorball posts are targets of opportunity... ;)

448512[/snapback]

Both are probably on heavy doses of penicillin

Get real - this is the same staff that started 0-4 last year and rescued the team's psyche and figured things out. I think after one frickin' loss where the team's weaknesses were exposed this team can figure things out.

By the way, I have yet to see an "intelligent or any other kind" of post from you. Look at last year. Were you complaining after we started winning? This is a very good coaching staff. The true test is can they motivate this team and help this team learn from its failures? Success is born in failure.

448509[/snapback]

Psyche? They rang up wins against the Sisters of the Poor in the last half of the season.

Any antithesis comment?

448483[/snapback]

I completely disagree. If anything, the offense has been "over-imaginitive" at times (though not yet this year). Remember our winning streak down the stretch last year? The bombs to Evans; the fake QB sneak pitch to WM for a TD at Seattle; the great running attack. I think a lot of that is a testament to the great staff--including Clements.

I think you've got to cut the staff some slack too, dealing with a rookie QB. They can't unleash the full arsenal with him for fear of info overload. But even then, they've come out in 5 WR sets and spread the ball around--and basically confused the heck out of the Texans. Don't fire Clements and the staff over one road loss against a nasty defense. If they're stinking it up by week 10, then dig this post back up.

448509[/snapback]

I think you are missing a very important concept there Slothrop...

Ya see, in week one, the Texans were 0-0. That isn't exactly a team with a winning record ya know. Maybe the Bills got a little cocky after thier win against the Texans, but here they go to 1-0 Tampa, a team that actually has a winning record in week two, and they stink up the place.

Obviously, the Bills have to improve against teams with winning records if they have any hopes of winning it all this year.

[/my lame attempt at sarcasm]

My argument is I have yet to see an imaginative gameplan against a good defense. Number two, I have yet to see intelligent or any other kind of halftime adjustments.

I'm not a scientist, but doesn't a thesis need to have some sort of evidence or examples which support it?

If you really want to be taken seriously in you assertation that a sub-mediocre coach put the likes of Kordell Stewart in the Pro Bowl, you're going to have to actually bring something tangible to the table.

Your mission for this weekend:

1)Watch the 1sthalf of the Bills game

2)At halftime tell us what the Bills gameplan is/was and how you disagree with it. This section should include detailed explanations of blocking schemes, route combinations, dline slants, coverage rotations, and what is wrong with them.

3)Explain to us how Atlanta has reacted to this gameplan, providing specific examples like the ones you've provided in section 2.

4)Give us a detailed description of exactly what halftime adjustments you would make to counter the Falcons' strategy

5)Finally, at the conclusion of the game compare your suggested adjustments with the real adjustments that the Bills staff actually made during the game. Use this contrast to explain why the Bills' adjustments were so woefully inadequate.

If you can accurately provide this simple analysis, we will be glad to take your thesis seriously.

Guest BackInDaDay
I'm not a scientist, but doesn't a thesis need to have some sort of evidence or examples which support it?

If you really want to be taken seriously in you assertation that a sub-mediocre coach put the likes of Kordell Stewart in the Pro Bowl, you're going to have to actually bring something tangible to the table.

Your mission for this weekend:

1)Watch the 1sthalf of the Bills game

2)At halftime tell us what the Bills gameplan is/was and how you disagree with it. This section should include detailed explanations of blocking schemes, route combinations, dline slants, coverage rotations, and what is wrong with them.

3)Explain to us how Atlanta has reacted to this gameplan, providing specific examples like the ones you've provided in section 2.

4)Give us a detailed description of exactly what halftime adjustments you would make to counter the Falcons' strategy

5)Finally, at the conclusion of the game compare your suggested adjustments with the real adjustments that the Bills staff actually made during the game. Use this contrast to explain why the Bills' adjustments were so woefully inadequate.

If you can accurately provide this simple analysis, we will be glad to take your thesis seriously.

448678[/snapback]

This is a great example why no one signed up for your 'Monday Morning QB' class at the community college! :D

he wasn't even the guy Mularkey wanted from Pitt.  he wanted their current OC (his odd name escapes me.)

448487[/snapback]

Is there anything to back this up other than the one short article from the Pittsburgh Press or whatever last year that suggested Ken Wisenhunt was the guy he wanted? I never really believed that, as it came across like just local yokel writers pontificating with no facts or quotes and no one else suggesting it.

Is there anything to back this up other than the one short article from the Pittsburgh Press or whatever last year that suggested Ken Wisenhunt was the guy he wanted? I never really believed that, as it came across like just local yokel writers pontificating with no facts or quotes and no one else suggesting it.

448814[/snapback]

Here's the article. I thought Clements was MM's guy, but this article suggests otherwise.

More research necessary....